Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Or maybe the jury sees it differently than the M Forum Kyle Rittenhouse fan club?
    Wouldn’t be the first time I was shocked at an incorrect verdict. There’s OJ… Then before my time: Ruben Carter, many others. Hell, just today we’ve seen the exoneration of 2 men convicted in Malcom X’s killing and a death row inmate in Oklahoma granted a stay of execution at the last minute. Mistakes get made.

Comment

• The FBI is investigating a landfill in New Jersey that may be Jimmy Hoffa's burial site. They must consider it a decent enough lead to be digging around. I guess some Fox documentary last year used ground radar to find what looked like steel drums buried 4 feet underground.

Fox News has learned that the FBI obtained a sealed search warrant to examine a site underneath the Pulaski Skyway in Jersey City, New Jersey, where we reported that Jimmy Hoffa could be buried.

Comment

• Rittenhouse doesn’t need to be a hero to be innocent. But you go right ahead and support child molesters and women beaters who were trying to burn down a city. I’ll take the other side of that argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          The FBI is investigating a landfill in New Jersey that may be Jimmy Hoffa's burial site. They must consider it a decent enough lead to be digging around. I guess some Fox documentary last year used ground radar to find what looked like steel drums buried 4 feet underground.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-opens...ed-burial-site
          This is one of those stories that will never die because people like me still find it somewhat intriguing. My money says he’s in Oakland County. You would want to get rid of the body ASAP.

Comment

• You're only a hero if you shoot Ashli Babbitt or some other unarmed Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Rittenhouse doesn’t need to be a hero to be innocent. But you go right ahead and support child molesters and women beaters who were trying to burn down a city. I’ll take the other side of that argument.
              Not supporting either. That doesn't mean that Rittenhouse is innocent.

I don't know if he will be found innocent or not according to the law, but he had no business being there and people are dead because of his actions.

And that is indisputable.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Real heroes burn down Wendy's.

Comment

Wouldn’t be the first time I was shocked at an incorrect verdict. There’s OJ… Then before my time: Ruben Carter, many others. Hell, just today we’ve seen the exoneration of 2 men convicted in Malcom X’s killing and a death row inmate in Oklahoma granted a stay of execution at the last minute. Mistakes get made.
                  I WOULD like to note that I hope this makes a lot of people more comfortable with the idea that Prosecutors will lie or deceive to secure convictions. There is enormous public pressure to be tough on crime, get arrests, and secure convictions. And lots of people in the system are tempted to break the rules. I'm not going so far as to claim the guys who let shoplifters run free are therefore right, but consider how many well-known cases have involved prosecutorial misconduct and then stop and think about all the low level pieces of shit that got no media attention and nobody was going to miss if they got tossed in jail for a crime they didn't commit. The cops and DAs need to claim their collars.

On top of that criminal defense attorneys don't often get appointed/elected judges. But prosecutors overwhelmingly do. (Since civil case attorneys play both plaintiff and defendant all the time, they're another story).

Which is not to say cops and DAs are horribly corrupt either, just that it's something to have in the back in your mind when candidates try to outdo each other on how tough on criminals they're gonna be.

Comment

This is one of those stories that will never die because people like me still find it somewhat intriguing. My money says he’s in Oakland County. You would want to get rid of the body ASAP.
                    Hoffa being buried under the old Meadowlands stadium is my favorite but not likely.

Comment

• Binger lost an election for Racine County DA last go around. He is clearly looking for a scalp.

Comment

Not supporting either. That doesn't mean that Rittenhouse is innocent.

I don't know if he will be found innocent or not according to the law, but he had no business being there and people are dead because of his actions.

And that is indisputable.
                        But for causation is the weakest of all arguments. So fucking daft. For example, if but for George Floyd passing counterfeit money he’d be alive (on that day). He had no business passing counterfeit bills. That’s indisputable. We know that. What we also know is the proximate or legal cause of his death was a murderous chokehold.

But for Rittenhouse legally traveling 20 minutes to help out his dad, he wouldn’t be on trial. Sure. But the proximate cause of the scumbags deaths is their attack on Rittenhouse. Indisputable.

The people who think Rittenhouse “provoked” the encounter simply by going to Kenosha are fully in favor of mob rule. The people who think you have no right to defend yourself or your property are in favor of mob rule. As long as it’s their mob.
                        Last edited by iam416; November 18, 2021, 08:50 PM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No. I am in favor of law enforcement doing their job without the "help" of gun toting vigilantes.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I WOULD like to note that I hope this makes a lot of people more comfortable with the idea that Prosecutors will lie or deceive to secure convictions. There is enormous public pressure to be tough on crime, get arrests, and secure convictions. And lots of people in the system are tempted to break the rules. I'm not going so far as to claim the guys who let shoplifters run free are therefore right, but consider how many well-known cases have involved prosecutorial misconduct and then stop and think about all the low level pieces of shit that got no media attention and nobody was going to miss if they got tossed in jail for a crime they didn't commit. The cops and DAs need to claim their collars.

On top of that criminal defense attorneys don't often get appointed/elected judges. But prosecutors overwhelmingly do. (Since civil case attorneys play both plaintiff and defendant all the time, they're another story).

Which is not to say cops and DAs are horribly corrupt either, just that it's something to have in the back in your mind when candidates try to outdo each other on how tough on criminals they're gonna be.
                            I’m not sure this is a representative case in any way. But, it’s easy to concede that there are corrupt people on all walks of life. Perhaps draw out the analogy even further — elected officials lie and deceive so why on earth do we want keep entrusting them with trillions?

Comment

No. I am in favor of law enforcement doing their job without the "help" of gun toting vigilantes.
                              Law enforcement wasn’t doing their job. Well, they were acting in accordance with D priorities of mob rule. So maybe they were. But they obviously weren’t stopping the mob.

And in Wisconsin you’re allowed to open carry. And if someone starts beating you with a skateboard you’re allowed to kill them. I know you think you should just eat that beating, but thankfully that isn’t the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I’m not sure this is a representative case in any way. But, it’s easy to concede that there are corrupt people on all walks of life. Perhaps draw out the analogy even further — elected officials lie and deceive so why on earth do we want keep entrusting them with trillions?
                                I think the general public opinion is that defense attorneys, on the whole, are amoral sleazeballs while prosecutors are heroes protecting society. At least that was the predominant view in my childhood and the "BE TOUGH ON CRIME" community. That opinion has maybe shifted since lots of stuff becomes more widely known -- documentaries like Making a Murderer and all that.

It's increasingly changing but for some people the idea that Prosecutors can be just as slimy as any defense attorney is utterly unfathomable.

Comment

Working...
                                X