No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way different than OJ...where a guilty man walked free in spite of the overwhelming evidence...here an innocent man could be found guilty in spite of overwhelming evidence in his favor.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BBB passed in the House 220-113 with one D deflecting to the other side.
      I don’t see this passing in the Senate. Maybe 52-48 against, but would lean 51-49 against depending on Sinema. Everything I have seen, highly doubt Manchin or any Rs vote in favor of it.
      You never know, but that’s the information I’m getting.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's not going to pass without changes, but it will eventually pass.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Build Back Bullshit is going down in the Senate.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hopefully, he won’t get weak. Has Schumer said when he plans to bring it to a vote?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              It's not going to pass without changes, but it will eventually pass.
              Perhaps, but BBB could be a very trimmed out bill by the time Manchin is OK with it. Could lose some Progs in the House depending on what Manchin wants to do.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                CGVT,

You probably want to start slow and mellow and then branch out with the higher octane cask strength and more oak-rich piquant varieties. I would stay between 80-90 proof until you acclimate on the jump in ABV from beer to spirits.

Regular Woodford, Old Forester, and Four Roses are all good places to start for a smooth starter bourbon. The latter two are cheap. Woodford is a bit more. I’m not a huge regular Maker’s guy, but Maker’s 46 is worth the few extra dollars, IMO and is mellow.

For a few more dollars, Blanton’s (if you can find it) and Basil Hayden fit that same bill.
                The ABV is not an issue. I have not been a real bear drinker for a few years now. It’s more of a transition from clear to brown liquors. I have found the Gins that I like but am looking for a change of pace. Years ago I was a semi serious Scotch drinker but have found that I have lost my taste for it. Bourbon seems to suit me better now
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• On a more pleasant note -- Happy International Men's Day everyone.

international-mens-day-cartoon-1.png?fit=1000%2C1000.png

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Thanks for the input. I have been a beer drinker my whole life, but have had to give it up as I can't keep my weight under control when I drink the beers that I like, so I have been broadening my liquor horizons lately. My foray into Bourbon is rather new and I am looking to find a daily drinker that doesn't break the bank.
                    Elijah Craig small batch is the shit. this is my goto
                    Buffalo Trace is good for the price

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Eagle Rare 17 is highly sought after. Hard to find. Not quite a Unicorn (like Pappy), but you could make some dollars. It can go for several hundred or more. If you wanted, you could sell it on the secondary market.

It’s a good bourbon, but I’m not a fan boy like some with it. I much prefer their Col. E.H. Taylor, George T. Stagg, and Elmer T. Lee bourbons from the same distillery. All are hard to find.
                      ER tasted a bit too thin to me, I don't know, something about it.

Comment

• MLV6FQ8Z.jpg

Comment

• This site has great reporting on the trial.

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/20...reeland/?amp=1

They actually tracked down Freeland’s previous addresses and knocked on doors. Almost like real journalists.
                          Last edited by Mike; November 19, 2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• One question I have for the FBI...if you had drone footage of the Kenosha riots...why didn't you go after the culprits with the same fervor as you did the January 6 culprits?

Just wondering.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              One question I have for the FBI...if you had drone footage of the Kenosha riots...why didn't you go after the culprits with the same fervor as you did the January 6 culprits?

Just wondering.
                              Maybe they were too busy with their ongoing search for Jimmy Hoffa.

Comment

• LxEAyLNc.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X