Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
    Yeah DSL. I'm sure the throttle stuck and its all a tragic accident.
    Nowhere did I say anything that could even remotely justify his actions or call it an "accident"

Can the videos be interpreted as a desperate criminal trying to get away and willing to kill to avoid capture? Yes, IMO, they can.

Comment

• It’s Murder 2 or Murder 1. Either way, he shouldn’t see society again.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        That’s what you consider trying to dodge people? He hit 53 human beings with his SUV. He clearly wasn’t trying to avoid them. He ran through the barricades lining the parade route. Even if that was a panic induced mistake, he still could have shot down a side street to get off the parade route. The only logical conclusion is that he wanted to run people over. Just need to figure out why now.
        It's a total mystery. We may never know.

Last edited by Hannibal; November 22, 2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Nowhere did I say anything that could even remotely justify his actions or call it an "accident"

Can the videos be interpreted as a desperate criminal trying to get away and willing to kill to avoid capture? Yes, IMO, they can.
          They can be interpreted that way in a vacuum. In context, the guy picked the worst getaway route imaginable (haven't heard what this supposed crime was yet) and he had all kinds of violent anti white fantasies and pro BLM propganda all over his social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            It’s Murder 2 or Murder 1. Either way, he shouldn’t see society again.
            That's racist. Incarceration is White Supremacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

They can be interpreted that way in a vacuum. In context, the guy picked the worst getaway route imaginable (haven't heard what this supposed crime was yet) and he had all kinds of violent anti white fantasies and pro BLM propganda all over his social media.
              I read a WaPo article this evening that described him as “escaping a knife fight”. Lol. I mean, the gig is up folks.

Comment

• White people died at the hands of a black man?

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Probably all gun toting, pro-life,conservative, church-going, Chick-fil-a eating white folk. The world is better off without them.... Right, Whoopey?
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Justifiable homicide as his ancestors were slaves. What do expect? His rage us very understandable.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    That’s what you consider trying to dodge people? He hit 53 human beings with his SUV. He clearly wasn’t trying to avoid them. He ran through the barricades lining the parade route. Even if that was a panic induced mistake, he still could have shot down a side street to get off the parade route. The only logical conclusion is that he wanted to run people over. Just need to figure out why now.
                    I didn't hear the horn beep once in those videos.

2 days after the Rittenhouse verdict, I can't imagine why now.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; November 23, 2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• But yeah, not terrorism. Imagine tho, if he yelled at a school board member.... holy shit....

Comment

• He was obviously in fear of his life and trying to get to the safety of the police station.

Comment

• COVID developments in Europe have passed the ignore point with a narrative that is emerging from the press there and then reported here in US news outlets.

Here are the facts:
                          1. This is almost entirely a pandemic among the unvaccinated (89-98% of new cases depending on what region). European countries, especially in the East, are experiencing the highest R values (as high as 20) and this coincides with a regions vax rates. Overall Europe is running around 60% vaxed but that varies again regionally.
                          2. PH/Government actions to blunt the COVID surge are correctly targeted and involve restrictions to mobility and social behaviors of the un-vaxed.
                          3. The EUC developed and recommended a vaccine passport system. It is in use widely throughout the European Economic Zone. To access most venues where people gather, you have to have digital proof (a QR code on a phone app) that shows you've been vaxed, recovered from a COVID infection, or have a legitimate reason to not be vaxed. The pass has more-or-less been accepted as necessary and a good thing by EU citizens. Some resistance and protesting has occurred but not at all at the level of what is going on now.
                          Great. So here's the narrative. Efforts by officials to implement mitigation measures are extremely unpopular. Although they are being reported as "lock-downs" these responses are not anything like those that occurred on or just after march, 2020. They are much more targeted with businesses that have enforced the requirement for vaccine passports to enter are being allowed to continue to operate. Demonstrations against the few countries with some type of vaccine mandate are happening as well.

The press is reporting "huge" demonstrations and protests (not sure how big they actually are) in the countries that have imposed new restrictions of any kind, These involve thousands of protestors and there is rioting, looting and burning going on within them. The most interesting line though is that
                          The most vocal opponents tend to be the same motley groups of far-right conspiracy theorists, followers of alternative medicine and libertarians. Of those, the far-right is the biggest group by far.
                          Really?

I have no way of knowing if that is accurate or not. I highly doubt it is and that's because one of the strongest messages coming out of European mostly social democratic governments (and in some cases autocratic) for the last 5 years is the threat of the the far right nationalist groups. A threat to whom? Citizens? Nope ,,,,,, in the social democratic governments it's to the hold on power ill-liberal politicians currently possess. It is also a threat to the complex set of controls imposed on citizens as a result of pandemic related emergency powers granted to EU governments by declaration. It has a bit different flavor, for example, in Belarus, protesting is directed towards the Autocrat Lukashenko and no one is particularly worried about COVID there. Bigger problems, namely Lukashenco.

...... and I'll throw in my view that foreign agents, sent to these protest areas, are organizing and leading them for the purpose of destabilizing Western democratic governments in larger measure than I think is being given coverage of.

Consider this a prelude to events this winter in the US. There will be a rise in new case numbers - never mind that hospitalizations and deaths may rise slightly but they will nevertheless be characterized as "bodies in the hallways" (and yes that is being reported, likely falsely, in Europe right now). There will be protests if governments impose new restrictions ...... and those governments will characterize them as being organized by white, right wing extremists and nationalists and, here in the US, of course, as racist and targeted against blacks and the working class.

At least the regular football season will have concluded but if new cases do start rising in the US, expect potential disruption of bowl games and the business activity that surrounds them. Wiz, fry up some wings and freeze them to reheat in the flames of burning buildings in Lincoln now.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 23, 2021, 09:09 AM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• deiD8bSA.png

Accuracy be damned?

Comment

• 1XIQSM2T.jpg

Comment

• Jeff:

Not so fast.....

Here are some data regarding central Africa, where there has been a low number of people vaccinated (6% to 15%)

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...in-plain-sight

I'm triple vaccinated. For me, it is the least objectional path. But one has to wonder about the H and the I being used in Japan, India, and especially Africa. Note the chart comparing the Covid illnesses in those African countries that give Ivermectin to those African countries that do not give "I"

Just saying.
                                Last edited by Da Geezer; November 23, 2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X