No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oxford HS shooter's parents are being charged with involuntary manslaughter

Comment

• I'll have to think about this. Are school administrators culpable as accessories? Lots of people with knowledge of red flags on this psychopathic 15 yo.

How fucking sad is this for everyone touched by this.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I'll have to think about this. Are school administrators culpable as accessories? Lots of people with knowledge of red flags on this psychopathic 15 yo.

How fucking sad is this for everyone touched by this.
        It seems like there's a dispute over whether the dad bought the gun FOR the son or just bought a gun for himself 4 days before the shooting. Either way, the kid was posing with it and treating it like it was his own on Instagram. So they either let the son fool around with it (illegal for a minor to have a handgun) or didn't bother locking up their guns and ammo around the house, even with a teenager that was having "behavioral issues".

Comment

• The facts will come out. I get concerns about a slippery slope when you start charging parents for stuff their kids do. But this case is shaping up to be not the hill to die on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            The facts will come out. I get concerns about a slippery slope when you start charging parents for stuff their kids do. But this case is shaping up to be not the hill to die on.

I'd much rather the parents be held responsible than all of society pay through stricter gun control laws.

Comment

• Exactly. This is gross negligence.

Comment

• I think it also has to be more than either (a) you didn't keep your gun locked up; or (b) you knew your kid had a gun. There's gotta be special circumstances here that don't make this norm. And I'm very much thinking of parents with troubled kids or kids are in and out of trouble and they know they have guns and don't do anything about it or they keep a gun in their home because, say, they live in bad neighborhood, and the kid accesses it.

It HAS to be more.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• our latest shooting is a tucson cop blasted a guy in a wheelchair 6 times in the back

and there's some argument that it was justified

Video Tucson officer fired after fatally shooting man in motorized wheelchair - ABC News (go.com)

definitely a suicide by cop aspect

Comment

• The Oxford shooting is a complete shit show all around. JFC. The kid was a known nutjob and his parents bought him a Sig for Christmas which they left unlocked in a dresser drawer. He was pulled out of class due to disturbing drawings and behavior the day prior and the morning of the shooting. A school counselor brought his backpack down to the principle's office when they were meeting with his parents. The gun was in the backpack at the time. Spooky shit.

Comment

• I'm in favor of gun rights, and I fully support the 2nd amendment. But, I'd never buy a 9mm for a 15 year old kid, and let him have free access to it. If I did such a thing, I'd keep it locked up so that he'd only use it under my supervision. In fact, I'd lock up any firearm that my kid had, and only let him use it in my presence.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Exactly. I'm in favor of tougher laws for parents who give their kids access to guns if they are used in a crime. A lot of 15 year-olds have hunting rifles, etc. That doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Semi-auto handguns are a different story. One of the first questions asked is always "where did they get the gun"? If it turns out that it was not safeguarded in any way and it was used in a shooting, the parent/adult should face very serious consequences. Be a responsible gun owner and lock your shit up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Exactly. I'm in favor of tougher laws for parents who give their kids access to guns if they are used in a crime. A lot of 15 year-olds have hunting rifles, etc. That doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Semi-auto handguns are a different story. One of the first questions asked is always "where did they get the gun"? If it turns out that it was not safeguarded in any way and it was used in a shooting, the parent/adult should face very serious consequences. Be a responsible gun owner and lock your shit up.
                          Agree. I also think that if a gun that you own is used in a crime, you should be held responsible too. Too many guns being stolen out of trucks/cars/houses and used in crimes. Secure your fucking guns. Be responsible or pay the consequences.

How could any "law abiding" citizen be opposed to that?
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Because if your gun is stolen you shouldn’t be liable. Any more than you’re liable if car is stolen.

Comment

• It’d also lead to lots more black folks in jails. White kids shooting up schools ain’t the common use of an improperly acquired gun. It’s street shootings. Strawman transactions. And, apparently, any owner that is unlucky enough to have their gun fall into the hands of criminals.

Comment

• Someone stole CGVT's brain long ago...who is liable? I wanna know.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X