No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallace was one of the best people Fox had, regardless of what the cons here think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Wallace was one of the best people Fox had, regardless of what the cons here think.
      He was the closest they had to a real journalist.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• FTR, a large number, maybe even a majority of the commentators on Fox don't claim to be journalists. They are commentators, and there is a difference.

CNN and pMSNBC, along with ABC, CBS, and NBC all think they are journalists, and try to project themselves as journalists, but are just poorly trained and foolish minded commentators.

And it shows.

I'm not in lock-step with whatever it is at Fox. To me, both Carlson and Hannity make me cringe. I do like Dana Perino, and her level-headed approach, and I'll admit to liking Greg Gutfield's biting satire. After Gutfield at Midnight, is the hottest and smartest lady I've ever seen in a news broadcast and that's Shannon Bream. No network anywhere has anyone like her.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• COVID/Omicron update .........

More data is being obtained on Omicron. What was understood as this variant first appeared and was genetically sequenced, like within days, was that this variant had a ton of mutations of the spike protein and other geometric (folding) changes that render this variant to have a higher affinity to ACE receptors in respiratory tissues of humans. At first, there was a ton of speculation about what this meant. There wasn't data to support allegations that the variant will be more infectious, produce more serious disease or replace Delta by out-competing it as the dominant strain of SARS2. The biggy for me is that vaccines woun't provide protection various levels of it) from Omicron.

There is still insufficient data to definitively prove or disprove the allegations. My problem is that the MSM has been treating all these allegations as proven facts - there are exceptions in honest reporting but most of this reporting is based on serious lab research that appears in scientific pubs that the lay public does not have access to or is unaware of.

Here's what my read of some of these pubs reveals: There are two options for the path Omicron will follow. One is that Omicron is sufficiently transmissible that it spreads around the world and out-competes all other variants, including Delta, so that, in the future, all new viruses are descended from Omicron. This scenario happened in mid-2020 with a variant called D614G (this was before variants were given Greek names) from which all subsequent variants are descended. Another scenario is that Omicron spreads in some locations but ultimately turns out to be less transmissible than other variants and eventually falls out of the picture. This happened with Alpha and Beta in the first part of 2021.

Importantly, vaccines work ....... for the most part. There's no evidence yet that they don't to some degree. To what degree is unknown. Lab research shows that one of the levels of immune response (innate and adaptive) will provide a good protective response. The best news is that if the protection wanes, boosting with current vaccines improves protections by 20-40 fold. As well, mRNA vaccines can be rapidly tweaked, are being tweaked and tested now and will be available at scale if needed.

I'll go out on a limb and say that I favor option 2 and have for the last three weeks I've been following this. TBC, this is an informed opinion. That's all. The data that will determine Omicron outcomes is a matter of intense data collection and research. You can't determine outcomes in a lab. Therefore, it will be weeks, possibly months before we'll know and my sense is that if the findings based on the data being collected now suggest my nothing burger scenario, it won't fit the MSM's fear narrative and you won't find out about it from these sources.

My view is that COVID politics are intentionally driving the MSM's fear narrative. I've heard on multiple occasions during the pandemic that the meaning of COVID data available to the WH and PH agencies is shaped to serve specific objectives defined by the president and in some circumstances by the NIH/CDC. A good example of this is the withholding of encouraging COVID facts so as not to encourage anti-vax movements. IOW, classic example of propaganda. Shocking, I know. My goals is to sort through all of that and write about it here.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 12, 2021, 02:32 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• More integrity on display over at CNN.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...f-young-girls/

Chris Cuomo’s CNN Producer Indicted for Baiting Young Girls into ‘Sexual Subservience’ Training

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              More integrity on display over at CNN.

Chris Cuomo’s CNN Producer Indicted for Baiting Young Girls into ‘Sexual Subservience’ Training
              But hey, they got Chris Wallace!!
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

More integrity on display over at CNN.

Last I saw CNN fired him
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Supreme Court refused to overturn New York State's vaccine mandate for healthcare workers. Gorsuch wrote a dissent and Alito joined him. Thomas sort-of did too. Crux is that the mandate didn't include a "religious objector" exemption.

EDIT: To clarify, these people can still sue the state of New York and try to get the mandate ruled unconstitutional. But only 3 Justices are willing to block the mandate from taking effect while they do so.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 13, 2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• c4542584021bf6a9.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      The Supreme Court refused to overturn New York State's vaccine mandate for healthcare workers. Gorsuch wrote a dissent and Alito joined him. Thomas sort-of did too. Crux is that the mandate didn't include a "religious objector" exemption.

EDIT: To clarify, these people can still sue the state of New York and try to get the mandate ruled unconstitutional. But only 3 Justices are willing to block the mandate from taking effect while they do so.
                      This is what it looks like when Republicans appoint judges based on only one issue (being anti-abortion).

Comment

• Heh, Liz Cheney was reading a bunch of text messages that Mark Meadows received during the Jan 6 riot. She didn't name names but read some from Congressmen pleading with Meadows to get Trump to do something. She DID call out Fox News hosts and Donnie Jr. who were doing the same.

Comment

• They were all correct to say those things. Was that your point?

Comment

They were all correct to say those things. Was that your point?
                            I would like it all on the record. Trump was being told by everyone to do something, and he sat on his fat ass, eating cheeseburgers, and enjoying the show.

I said the other day that libs exaggerate Jan. 6 and we do. Our govt was never in danger of being overthrown. But Trump and his gutter trash allies came close to sparking a constitutional crisis. If he had just gotten a handful of Republican state officials to go along with him or Pence for that matter, we would've had a legit crisis.

I want as much info made public as possible.

Comment

• It would be truly staggering if the Ds managed to lose to DJT again. For a host of reasons including that I don’t think he’ll run. 2024 is so very far away. Things will be good by then or should be. If they aren’t…
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

They were all correct to say those things. Was that your point?
                                And I mean, how many brownie points should I award the Fox cowards and liars who privately admit the truth and then turn around and go on air to spout bullshit they know is false?

Did Laura really think it was Antifa? Just hours earlier she was pleading with Meadows to get Trump to tell the rioters to go home. I mean if she really did believe this was Antifa in disguise, Trump burping out a "go home everybody, we love you" probably wasn't going to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                                X