Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s actually Ashli Babbit.

Comment

• Just a note about the CPI. The government-produced CPI in 2021 is very different than the CPI in the 70s and 80s which seems to be the time frame most economists are comparing to. If the same elements of CPI were used today, the current increase in prices would be roughly 15%.

Now, I bought a Commodore 64 in that time period for $ 1,250.00 (including printer). I can now buy a computer that is a thousand times better for less. So there is that. But there is also the rise in autos, steel, food, and energy that are a similar component of CPI as in 1980.

Anyone who believes there will be no cost to pay for injecting $ 5T into the economy without inflation simply lacks common sense. Inflation is a tax that hits the working class hardest.
      As Talent says, it is probably a just way of apportioning the costs of providing for the 50% of Americans who are nonproductive or only marginally so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

You got me. Later, I actually realized the mistake but thought no one would catch it.

The only person killed in the Jan 6 riot was Ashley Bobbitt. Nobody said she was faultless. But no warning was given, and that is a fact from the tapes that have been released.

Your "body count" was from Congressperson Pressley. I don't find it anywhere else.

But in talking about Jan 6, why are the 40 or so accused trespassers being held in solitary confinement without bail? There were 547 violent riots in 2020, all from BLM and Antifa. Millions of property damage and dozens killed. Almost all perpetrators were released on bail. I doubt any of the Jan 6 rioters are flight risks, but they don't get bail (while the Vice Pres of the US raises bail for the criminal killers in Minneapolis).
        Did you happen to read the NRO piece by Kevin Williamson that Talent posted this morning? Do you believe there is no difference in smashing the window of a Walgreen's and smashing the window of the United States Capitol building while the electoral count was taking place? Either way, all you did was break a window?

At least a handful of the people being held in jail while awaiting trial are lunatics using the "sovereign citizen" defense. You can look up the name "Pauline Bauer" as one of those. She's not accused of any violence. But she was originally released on bail, then refused to comply with any of the terms of her release. She says Federal courts have no authority over her. The laws of the United States do not apply to her and all US laws since the Grant administration are illegitimate. She refused to allow parole officers into her home and refused to do weekly check-ins with them. So a judge sent her to jail. As far as I know she is still there because she will NOT agree to any terms of release.

What would you have the judge do instead? Shrug and say oh well, you're right Pauline, laws don't apply to you? I guess you're special?

Comment

• One minor thing to keep in mind as well, the Jan. 6 rioters and most of the BLM rioters are being prosecuted in different jurisdictions. I'm not sure what the federal jurisdiction there would be for the FBI to go hunting for people that looted microwaves in Minneapolis or set trash cans on fire in Seattle. If they attacked the Federal courthouse in Portland, then yeah. But the overwhelming majority of BLM rioters should be prosecuted by local cops. And in fact over 10,000 people were arrested across the country in just the first ten days after Floyd was murdered.

AP tally: Arrests at widespread US protests hit 10,000 | AP News

Anyone who rioted at the Capitol, well that's no possible jurisdiction BUT the federal govt.

Comment

• I read the Williamson article, and I agree with his premise that not all "smashing of things" is equal.

You point to one woman who violated the conditions of her bail and deserves to be in jail. She is an exception to the rule just like an assassination is an exception to the rule in terms of murder. It is a bigger deal, as Williamson points out.

But that does not in any way diminish my basic proposition that the Jan 6 rioters are being treated differently than the rioters in the 547 other violent riots. Maybe you believe their riot is of a greater import than the BLM destruction of cities like Portland or Minneapolis. I simply do not believe that. Both Trump and the DOJ begged for National Guard presence at the site of the rally where Trump spoke. At least 3 times such a request was sent (also from the DCPD) but to no avail, because the Speaker has total control of the security at the Capitol Building.

If there was a planned attack on the capital, then send the perps to Levenworth. But don't hold trespassers in jail. Send them home to wait for their trial date. Treat them like the Dem rioters, in other words.

Comment

• ...Joe will probably be asking to have a meeting with Colonel Sanders...after all...they have served millions and millions of hamburgers and tacos over the years to the people of Utah...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                I read the Williamson article, and I agree with his premise that not all "smashing of things" is equal.

You point to one woman who violated the conditions of her bail and deserves to be in jail. She is an exception to the rule just like an assassination is an exception to the rule in terms of murder. It is a bigger deal, as Williamson points out.

But that does not in any way diminish my basic proposition that the Jan 6 rioters are being treated differently than the rioters in the 547 other violent riots. Maybe you believe their riot is of a greater import than the BLM destruction of cities like Portland or Minneapolis. I simply do not believe that. Both Trump and the DOJ begged for National Guard presence at the site of the rally where Trump spoke. At least 3 times such a request was sent (also from the DCPD) but to no avail, because the Speaker has total control of the security at the Capitol Building.

If there was a planned attack on the capital, then send the perps to Levenworth. But don't hold trespassers in jail. Send them home to wait for their trial date. Treat them like the Dem rioters, in other words.
                The entire premise of the Williamson article is that the BLM riots and the Jan. 6 riot are NOT the same thing and shouldn't be treated as such.

There's only about 40 Jan. 6 rioters awaiting trial in jail. That's of over 650 (maybe 700 now?) that have been charged. Of those 40, how many do you know the particular circumstances of what they did? My guess is very few. I don't know of a site that accumulates all of them but I trust they're being held for good reason. Even that guy who broke into Pelosi's office, had a stun gun on him, put his feet up on her desk, and stole stuff from her office eventually got out on bond. I know for a fact that more than just Pauline are using the "sovereign citizen" angle, which is almost always a guaranteed ticket to a prison cell. These are not the best and the brightest.

Comment

• Also, Trump never formally requested ANY national guardsmen come secure his rally or the Capitol. This is a coverup lie being told by Trump and the contemptible, sycophantic losers that surround him. As recently as two nights ago Meadows repeated it on Hannity

it's a LIE. It was an offhand remark he made in a comment to Acting Sec. of Defense Miller. As the article below notes, Trump certainly knows howto formally request the Guard. He did so in June to come to Lafayette Square. Miller has already testified that an offhand remark during a phone call didn't constitute an "order". Trump ordered him to "do what was necessary".

Let's just note again that for hours once the riot started, Trump did nothing. The Acting General of the DC National Guard has also testified that he was prevented from mobilizing for hours by the Sec of the Army

No, Trump did not order 10,000 troops to secure the Capitol on Jan. 6 - The Washington Post

Comment

• TRUMP IS DA DEBIL!!!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      ...Joe will probably be asking to have a meeting with Colonel Sanders...after all...they have served millions and millions of hamburgers and tacos over the years to the people of Utah...
                      This was actually funny. A first for everything

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Stifle and begone

Comment

• ...I don't take orders from lunatics not named Linesman...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BBB is increasingly looking like it could be dead. FWIW

Comment

• I wish you were dead along with it.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X