No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reality is that The Chairman proposed a $3T bill and would have gladly signed anything the Squad passed. That’s not even debatable. The reason they can’t pass anything is because at least 51 Senators won’t vote for it. And The Chairman has absolutely zero leverage or clout to sway that 1 vote.

Whether we have preposterous spending doesn’t rise and fall with The Chairmain — he wants it. It rises and falls with Manchin.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
      Despite the red meat rhetoric of Biden being a leftist, he has no debt to, or love for, the extreme wing the D party.
      That’s why I supported him in the D primary. But I think it’s safe to say that he either sold out to the hard left or the radicals have fully taken over the D party. One of the hard lessons they learned in 2016 is that they needed the Bernie Bros to win the general. They stayed home in 2016 rather than vote for Hillary. Hell, some of them cast an anti-establishment vote for Trump. The Biden team made the calculation that there are more leftists than centrists in their party now.

Comment

• I dunno. Biden needed the extreme to win the primaries and pass the infrastructure bill, now not so much. They are still a (significant) minority within the D party, but they don't wield the levers of power. Its up to Pelosi to rein in the clown show of the Ds, not Biden, at least in the House. Things will change in 2022 and probably again in 2024. My biggest wish is that Biden does not run again and Harris gets blasted in the primary. Then at least one party won't be putting forth a buffoon.

It's more frustrating to me the number of Rs that continue to lick Trump's backside (more likely his front side) in regards to 'election fraud' and 'stolen elections' so they don't get primaried or bad press on the Fox Propaganda Channel. The GOP has lost their spines to America's detriment. Who are the Rs going to put forth (not counting the Orange Menace)? Cruz? DeSantis? Right now its a cesspool where only the biggest pieces of shit float to the top. Is Liz Cheney the only voice of reason in the GOP? I can disagree with some of her politics but I admire her integrity. That's nearly enough to get my vote.

BBB is a waste of time and money. There's a couple of things there that should have been in the infrastructure bill but the rest is simply pipe dreams the Ds have held for a long time. That bill, if its going to pass at all, has not yet begun to shed what needs to go. I don't think it will pass at all and I certainly won't cry about it.

dee.jpg
        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Comment

• shaddup
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm no great fan of Elon Musk, but, I gotta say, "Senator Karen" -- that I really like.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anything that winds up the Dems and gets them off their game can't be bad at all.

Comment

• I haven't agreed with or supported some of Ron Desantis' EO's and legislative actions that seemed to be at cross purposes, he's a no-shit leader that has governed FL in a way that suits me just fine. I suspect those skills translate to the presidency. His rejection of an administrative state emerging in FL, is noteworthy. What is probably the most significant change in my view of his handling of the pandemic is guided by his dogged pursuit of making any kind of pandemic related mandate illegal in the state. His attorney general has argued successfully in upholding all of them in federal courts where challenges to them were heard.

Ron Desantis new this a year or more ago based on the input he was receiving from his health advisory team - routinely mocked by the woke left: As the pandemic has played out, what is now becoming increasingly obvious is that you can't contain the virus with the stupid and ridiculously costly shit implemented by governments at all levels to try to do that. As Omicron finds it's way onto the stage of the pandemic saga, it looks like the most rational way to deal with this version of SARS2 is to treat it as a risk similar in it's impact on individuals as stepping into an automobile and driving to work. In fact, the mathematical calculation of the risk of serious injury or death in an MVA is about equal to that of COVID.

Ron Desantis recognized very early in the game, it's a disease that has to be managed by the armamenterium at hand so as to lessen the health impact on people in similar ways that influenza has been managed, an infinitely possible undertaking. Measures to do that do not include the draconian ones of the last two years, favored again by the woke left, that have wreaked social and economic havoc.......another lesson of the dangers of the administrative state that Ron Desantis has been way out in front of since the start of this shit-storm.

I'd support his candidacy for president. Getting the R establishment to back away from DJT is another thing altogether.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 16, 2021, 11:18 AM.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Very amusing to watch the liberals putting their foot down and gittin' tuff on crime!! Defund...defund...defund...throw the cops under the bus...defend criminal activity...and then act SHOCKED when the crime rate skyrockets...and their poll numbers plummet...CLASSIC.

Also amusing today on the major networks morning news to blame the violent storms over the midwest yesterday on Climate Change. Not shocking...but still very entertaining.

My lakehouse actually suffered some very severe damage yesterday with some gusts here of near 90mph. After going thru this I can feel for you fuckers in Hurricane land.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fake News CNN Weather correspondents are saying these extreme weather events are "the new normal"...libs just love labeling things "the new normal"...translation..."you are all fucked because of racist white conservatives and you need controlled by us smart progressives so STFU and submit...wear your masks...take your jab(s)...drive your putt putt electric cars...oh and did I mention to STFU?"

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        I haven't agreed with or supported some of Ron Desantis' EO's and legislative actions that seemed to be at cross purposes, he's a no-shit leader that has governed FL in a way that suits me just fine. I suspect those skills translate to the presidency. His rejection of an administrative state emerging in FL, is noteworthy. What is probably the most significant change in my view of his handling of the pandemic is guided by his dogged pursuit of making any kind of pandemic related mandate illegal in the state. His attorney general has argued successfully in upholding all of them in federal courts where challenges to them were heard.

Ron Desantis new this a year or more ago based on the input he was receiving from his health advisory team - routinely mocked by the woke left: As the pandemic has played out, what is now becoming increasingly obvious is that you can't contain the virus with the stupid and ridiculously costly shit implemented by governments at all levels to try to do that. As Omicron finds it's way onto the stage of the pandemic saga, it looks like the most rational way to deal with this version of SARS2 is to treat it as a risk similar in it's impact on individuals as stepping into an automobile and driving to work. In fact, the mathematical calculation of the risk of serious injury or death in an MVA is about equal to that of COVID.

Ron Desantis recognized very early in the game, it's a disease that has to be managed by the armamenterium at hand so as to lessen the health impact on people in similar ways that influenza has been managed, an infinitely possible undertaking. Measures to do that do not include the draconian ones of the last two years, favored again by the woke left, that have wreaked social and economic havoc.......another lesson of the dangers of the administrative state that Ron Desantis has been way out in front of since the start of this shit-storm.

I'd support his candidacy for president. Getting the R establishment to back away from DJT is another thing altogether.
                        I've still not met any R who wants Trump to run. I wish Trump loved his country as much as he loves himself.

Comment

Attached Files
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I've still not met any R who wants Trump to run. I wish Trump loved his country as much as he loves himself.
                            Me neither. This widespread belief (mostly by Dems) that he’s some sort of all-powerful Demigod is as overrated as Ohio’s offensive line.

Comment

• I’m on the DeSantis train at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

But when he does, they'll all line up to kiss his fat orange ass.

Whether you want to admit it or not, he is still driving the Republican train.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X