No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, part of my takeaway is that this is a pretty good sign Manchin wants to run for reelection in 2024. Wasn't sure if he would or not.

Comment

• It's a farce in terms of plain democracy," she said. "Because, you know, I represent just as many or more people than Joe Manchin does.
      And AOC is wrong again, of course. West Virginia has a population of 1.8 million people, and her district in NY is about 700K.

Do the people in her district ever get tired of her being wrong? I guess not.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "Doctor" Stupidnow knows who is spreading Covid on Capital Hill. Its those Republicans again ....

Sen. Debbie Stabenow on Monday blasted her Republican colleagues for not wearing face masks on Capitol Hill after three Democratic lawmakers tested positive for breakthrough COVID-19 infections.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Another tourist gets nearly 4 years in jail.

A Washington state man was sentenced to 46 months in jail for assaulting a police officer with a dangerous weapon in a tunnel at the US Capitol on January 6.

211106193019.jpg

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            American Hero, Joe Manchin hit back at his Democratic detractors this morning.

"They figured surely to God we can move one person. We surely can badger and beat one person up. Surely we can get enough protesters to make that person uncomfortable enough that they'll just say, 'OK I'll vote for anything,'" he said in a local radio interview.

"Well, guess what? I'm from West Virginia. I'm not from where they're from and they can just beat the living crap out of people and think they'll be submissive, period," Manchin added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-on-biden-plan

That oughta play well in the Mountain State.

For her part, America's First Waitress chimed in that it's not democratic for an elected official to vote according to the opinions of the citizens he represents.

"It's a farce in terms of plain democracy," she said. "Because, you know, I represent just as many or more people than Joe Manchin does."

People in NYC are just better than the rest of us. We should do whatever they want because, you know... DEMOCRACY.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...s-bill-a-farce

Can't make it up, folks.
            she means her district of 696,664 has more people than the 1.7 million that reside in WV.

Bachelors in economics btw. "In terms of plain democracy", we are not a democracy.

Question is... she dumb on purpose? I think so.
            Last edited by Kapture1; December 20, 2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Remember, The Chairman isn’t gonna shutdown the economy, he’s gonna shutdown the virus! Well, he never said what year he’d do that.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sounds like the rumors of the BBB's death could be slightly exaggerated. The Two Joes had a kiss and make up phone call.

Comment

• I wouldn’t call them rumors as much as assumptions grounded in the specific statements of Manchin. Perhaps he’ll change his mind.

Comment

• If it happens, the child tax credit would be toast. BBB total cost would need to be under $2T

Depends if the Progs would rather have nothing than something

Comment

• In other news, El Salvador has had more Covid cases than China.

Comment

• Manchin has long said pick your top 2 or 3 priorities instead of doing everything but “sunsetting” everything to avoid an astronomical price tag. No one has taken that seriously. Yet.

That said, it’s enormously unpopular in WV.

Comment

• Not according to AOC. Manchin doesn’t know what the hell West Virginians want.

Comment

• She’s such a good spokesperson for the Ds.

Comment

• AOC might even be dumber than DSL...

...might...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                AOC might even be dumber than DSL...

...might...
                                Your silence would be a Christmas miracle

Comment

Working...