No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I realize The Chairman repeatedly claimed that the almighty President could not only significantly affect Covid, but "shut it down." We just needed competence and it would all go away. And I think it's entirely fair to hold him to his preposterous campaign bullshit. Now, I don't think there's much the President can do other than to strike the right messaging note. But that's mostly it.

HOWEVER, when people have been screaming for MONTHS, now, about the shortages in test kits, THAT's something that The Chairman could have addressed. Indeed, the Feds have ordered half a billion tests for the huge travel week of....MLK day? (if we're lucky). It's not hard to find people writing on and commenting on the lack of tests -- from August, from September, from October, from November...who would have thought tests might an issue over Christmas? If The Chairman and his gaggle of twatwaffles can't even get that much right then there's zero hope for him. He's a clown.

But, hey, The Chairman and Kamala and everyone else in his Administration have a reason -- "Who could have seen Delta coming?" "Who could have seen Omicron coming?" -- literally, that's their defense. "No one saw variants coming." Let that sink in...."Who could have seen variants coming." I can answer those questions...pretty much everyone.

If this were DJT so god-awfully mismanaging test kits supplies and then pleading ignorance everyone single motherfucker left of Mike would be in an apoplectic fervor.

Nah, we don't need tests for the Holidays. I mean, variants will never happen. Nah, inflation isn't real -- it's a bullshit R bogeyman. Time to pass more spending bills. Nah, the Taliban won't do shit when leave Afghanistan. Nah, I still think Kyle Rittenhouse is a white supremacist. Nah, I'm not Jimmy Carter, I'm FDR!

It's hard to imagine a worse first 11 months for a President. Perhaps William Henry Harrison who spent 9 of his first 11 months in the ground. But, at least he was doing no harm.
    Last edited by iam416; December 22, 2021, 07:27 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In the most recent PBS/Marist poll, The Chairman and his intersectionality, persons of color, brown people, LGBQTTA++FHSK+-, etc Woke backbone are sitting at 33-65 approval/disapproval for....Hispanics.

Someone ought to tell Hispanics about how evil white males are.

Anyway, there's a definite opening in that demographic for Rs who will, undoubtedly, find a way to screw it up.

Comment

• Also...The Chairman is helped to the podum and blathers on, in his Scranton Joe incoherenve, about how Senator Manchin admitted to him that Senator Manchin was misleading the President and the Ds. Sort of like how The Chairman once drove them big rigs. Anyway, a short time later The Chairman's press folks have to put something out saying that Manchin said no such thing.

I'm telling ya, we have top people running this shit. TOP. PEOPLE.

Comment

• So if The Chairman is polling low with hispanics now, I'm wondering if border security will become an important issue? After all, if 65% of those folks will be voting for his opponent, that can't be a good thing, can it?
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The problem -- for the Ds -- is that Hispanics who do come through the southern border view the United States as a great beacon of hope. They view the United States as a place where you can work hard, get ahead and leave in your children in safe, good place. They are also generally more religious and socially conservative than, say, them upper class white elites that run the Ds. In other words, the socially conservative folks who view the US positively, not socially liberal folks who repeatedly call the US a white supremacist coutnry and want to tear down the entire thing starting with its history.

And, perhaps worst of all for Ds, they tend to view themselves as white and certainly not as "brown" or some generic "Latino" category (far more likely to say "Guatamelan") and certainly not LatinX.

So, eventually they move more toward the conservative side of things helped along by the Ds preposterous woke positions. And I think Rs ought to embrace that. They ought to embrace legal immigration. They ought to use rhetoric that embraces those that come to the country and follow the rules. That ought to be the first thing they say before going into the issue of illegal immigration. Every,. Fucking. Time.

Now, personally I think you're seeing a slow transformation of the parties. I think you see it the tensions that each party's respective positions create internally. For the Rs, I think DJT has moved them significantly toward a true "populist" party. The laissez-faire economics of Buckley and even Reagan no longer really play. Tariffs. Protectionism. Targeted help for working class. Those are things that the Rs are very slowly starting to advocate even if they still prefer the free market approach.

The Ds are moving rapidly toward the party of the Elites and I think it's worth noting that the Elites are now in control of huge swaths of "big business." Or, at least, certainly Silicon Valley. And so you have a number of truly "elite" proposals like say, anything to do with climate change, free college, the SALT deductions, which are either hugely regressive in terms of cost share (the poorer folks are slammed by costs) or designed to benefit the elites. And I think the Ds embrace woke language to actively split the working class vote (ok, that's a bit conspiratorial -- conceded). But, what the elites -- the techocrats -- can't have is the whe "working class" coalescing into a single party.

And I really do think the core Bernie Sanders voter and the core DJT voter are closer to one another than either is to the core upper class white D voter. Now, I tend to think things carry on as they are, but it's hard for me not to see the internal tensions in each party. And it's not like the parties have reimagined themselves in the past and transformed. So, we'll see.

But, wrt Hispanics -- the conceited "demographics is destiny" line is, IMO, total bullshit. As much as Hannibal disagrees.
            Last edited by iam416; December 22, 2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Andy Beshear 2024!!

Comment

• Ha. He has about as much chance in the D primary as non-Trumpist or, heh, a non-Trump has in the R primary.

Comment

• Only thing I'd add to the talk about Hispanics is that fresh immigrants, no matter where they are from, tend to be more socially and culturally conservative than 3rd or 4th generation from the same countries.

Comment

• Yeah, once those other generations go through American schools and become further separated from the folks who arrived, the socially conservative values diminish. That said, they also tend to think of themselves as, well, white. Not sure how that nets out in terms of D/R.

Anyway, I think tat voting block is one that is entirely reachable for the Rs if they end up somewhere near a populist party (which I think they will).

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      The problem -- for the Ds -- is that Hispanics who do come through the southern border LEGALLY view the United States as a great beacon of hope. They view the United States as a place where you can work hard, get ahead and leave in your children in safe, good place. They are also generally more religious and socially conservative than, say, them upper class white elites that run the Ds. In other words, the socially conservative folks who view the US positively, not socially liberal folks who repeatedly call the US a white supremacist country, PATRONIZE MINORITIES, and want to tear down the entire thing starting with its history.
                      FIFY

Comment

• I'd say you just added a fair point. It didn't really need fixed.

Comment

• Talent is on a fucking roll today...I notice DSL, CGVT, and the rest of the leftist ilk here are oddly silent though.

Talent is making Buckley look like a commie bastage. Very good. I'm proud of you. I won't even end this post with a typical "STFU" or "shaddup"...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Your endorsement only harms me. So, you know, shaddup the fuck up your miracle whip lovin', FROSTY!!!!-worshipping hilljack.

hello
                            Last edited by iam416; December 22, 2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• hi
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All right!
                                Stop whatcha doin'
                                'Cause I'm about to ruin
                                The image and the style that ya used to
                                I post funny
                                But yo I'm makin' money, see
                                So yo world I hope you're ready for me
                                Now gather round
                                I'm the new fool in town
                                And my sound's laid down by my wizardry
                                I eat up all the liverwurst ya got on ya shelf
                                So just let me introduce myself
                                My name is Wizzie, pronounced with a Izzie
                                Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee
                                And all the posters in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee
                                I'm steppin' tall, y'all
                                And just like Humpty Dumpty
                                You're gonna fall when the stereos pump me
                                I like to rhyme
                                I like my beats funky
                                I'm spunky. I like my miracle whip lumpy
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X