No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condescend to that fucker all you want, Buchanan. He's a thoroughly soused, blowhard paralegal that watched a lot of Trapper John and Quincy M.E. growing up and thinks he's fucking House as a result. The only resemblance is in personality. But he did re-watch the 3rd season of 24 as "research" for this discussion.

Talent - Hello!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Well, CLEARLY GoF needs to be stopped.
      Just as finger pointing advocacy for the lab leak theory threatens to deemphasize comprehensive investigation of the zoonotic origin of SARS COV-2, calls to "stop" GOF threaten to derail important and, under the right set of controls, research that will help prevent future pandemics and develop new therapeutics that target viruses of the future.

To be sure, some gain-of-function research on pathogens requires a higher level of review given its ramifications for biosafety and biosecurity. Scientists and other relevant experts must ensure open and careful oversight with gain-of-function research of concern. Clear justification should be required for carrying out such work, and it should be done only under highly controlled containment conditions. Self-scrutiny and transparency are essential.

But to label all gain-of-function research as worrisome and requiring stringent oversight is misguided. Doing so may lead to inappropriate limitations on important work that reveals fundamental mechanisms of the cell or helps create new technologies that save lives.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/23/...d-saves-lives/
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Condescend to that fucker all you want, Buchanan. He's a thoroughly soused, blowhard paralegal that watched a lot of Trapper John and Quincy M.E. growing up and thinks he's fucking House as a result. The only resemblance is in personality. But he did re-watch the 3rd season of 24 as "research" for this discussion.

Talent - Hello!
        Easily your best work. With the shadow of AlabamAlum gone, you’re finally flourishing into a barely readable practitioner of sass or at least some low grade form thereof.

Merry Christmas you Warring on Christmas Motherfucker!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Just as finger pointing advocacy for the lab leak theory threatens to deemphasize comprehensive investigation of the zoonotic origin of SARS COV-2, calls to "stop" GOF threaten to derail important and, under the right set of controls, research that will help prevent future pandemics and develop new therapeutics that target viruses of the future.

To be sure, some gain-of-function research on pathogens requires a higher level of review given its ramifications for biosafety and biosecurity. Scientists and other relevant experts must ensure open and careful oversight with gain-of-function research of concern. Clear justification should be required for carrying out such work, and it should be done only under highly controlled containment conditions. Self-scrutiny and transparency are essential.

But to label all gain-of-function research as worrisome and requiring stringent oversight is misguided. Doing so may lead to inappropriate limitations on important work that reveals fundamental mechanisms of the cell or helps create new technologies that save lives.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/23/...d-saves-lives/
          It can also kill millions of people around the globe. within a year.

Comment

• Fauci and the Chinese were busy destroying evidence and making people disappear before most of the US knew what covid was. Amazing to me that some people can't bring themselves to believe that there are really evil entities besides the Orange man in this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
              Fauci and the Chinese were busy destroying evidence and making people disappear before most of the US knew what covid was. Amazing to me that some people can't bring themselves to believe that there are really evil entities besides the Orange man in this world.
              0g4lw2bzpzt11.jpg
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                Fauci and the Chinese were busy destroying evidence and making people disappear before most of the US knew what covid was. Amazing to me that some people can't bring themselves to believe that there are really evil entities besides the Orange man in this world.
                And what "evidence" we do have has been filtered, censors, repackaged and marketed to the extent that it has essential ZERO positive value. It's not by accident, and we'd be lucky if was all a CYA snowball because a lab tech got caught being serviced by his mistress or Fauci was fudging his travel claims. I highly doubt that we would be so lucky.

Theories are all we're able to come up with and there's just a few too many conveniences to not suspect some serious fuckage is being done And no, it's not likely being orchestrated by the Orange Man, climate change or systemic racism. Perpetuating that mythos just plays into it.

Comment

• It would really take someone completely and entirely disinterested in thinking or an absolute Xi-worshipper to dismiss a coronavirus outbreak in one of the 3 places in the entire universe where coronaviruses are researched and manipulated as some sort of conspiracy theory. An honest thinker -- an actual honest, non-partisan would have to acknowledge that's a real possibility. At the same time, they'd have to acknowledge that there's no direct proof of it and that the other theory is possible. Also, they'd almost have to acknowledge that there is someone worse in the world in than DJT, and Ds can't do that. Hence, e.g., the general reluctance of D legislators to acknowledge a fucking genocide. But, that's the D party.

Unfortunately, Covid is a political game, especially for the Progs and there's no earthly way they can possibly acknowledge the validity of the lab leak theory. None. And so, to them, it's just one giant ass coincidence. I mean, one GIANT. ASS. COINCIDENCE.

That's Prog thinking.
                  Last edited by iam416; December 24, 2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• China? Possible.

The Fauci bullshit is just that. Bullshit. Right wing conspiracy bullshit.

It would take a moron to not see the difference and then post about it.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think a moron did accuse both the Fauci and China destroying evidence ideas as tinfoil shit -- so, yeah, I agree a moron wouldn't see the difference and if they did, they certainly didn't take the time to parse out the difference.

China destroying evidence as only possible? LMMFAO. Again, the Left looks at DJT and Xi and thinks, I like that Xi guy.
                      Last edited by iam416; December 24, 2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• I don't agree with everything in Ms. MacDonald's piece, but the framework and general conclusions are spot on -- how to manufacture fear: https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/omicro...9fLZFHn8IQ6sX4

Again, we are to only follow the science and facts if the science and facts lead us to the Prog fear monkey conclusion. We are to ignore all other things including, e.g., the South African experience with Omicron.

Comment

• The extent to which the Left and Progs are Xi Cockhoslters on this shit is truly astounding.

Comment

• This is sad, a result of partisan tribalism.

Dr. Jack Lyons remembers the pandemic’s early days when grateful communities banged pots and pans to honor frontline health care workers.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• I remember when CNN went all-in on Joe Rogan taking a horse dewormer. I remember that. And I remember Dr. Gupta going on his podcast (kudos to him) and sheepishly eating shit over the ridiculous partisan misinformation spewed by CNN. I remember that. And I remember CNN doubling down saying technically it's true (it wasn't technically true...Rogan took nobel-prize winning, life-saving (in other circumstances) people medicine, not horse medicine).
                              Last edited by iam416; December 24, 2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• As a quick reminder -- wait, it's not a reminder because there is absolutely no way anyone in The Media would ever report this:

Here’s the current South Africa data and it reminds once again that Biden’s teleprompter scripters have no idea what they are talking about. Between November 11 and December 19, the case rate in South Africa exploded from less than 5 per million to 388 per million or by 85X.Meanwhile, the death rate has barely budged from 0.48 per million to 0.55 per million. That is to say, it was a rounding error before and remains one now.
                                Instead, I think it's best we focus on ginning up terror. The utterly idiotic Covid Zero mentality that permeates the Elites and, of course, the Ds. November 2022 can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X