Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I think a moron did accuse both the Fauci and China destroying evidence ideas as tinfoil shit -- so, yeah, I agree a moron wouldn't see the difference and if they did, they certainly didn't take the time to parse out the difference.

China destroying evidence as only possible? LMMFAO. Again, the Left looks at DJT and Xi and thinks, I like that Xi guy.
    I guess I will have to be more specific in the future as you are too goddamn stupid or intentionally obtuse and in a hurry to spew your bullshit.

You're like the guy that gets called a dumb son of a bitch and starts screaming "What did you say about my momma?" Not smart enough to know that the insult is directed at you.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You're the dude who trusts the Chinese and, well, mocks anyone who doesn't buy the GIANT. ASS. COINCIDENCE. theory.

But, as a poster, you're also batshit fucking crazy, pathologically dishonest and completely disinterested in and incapable of any sort of actual discussion. So, when you post something preposterously stupid I generally assume you meant it. Because, well...

yawn
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Guess I'm going to have to tune in on Sunday mornings, I must have been mistaken on the lack of value of TV evangelism.

Christian author Sharon Gilbert claimed she had an encounter where she was forced to rip off the face of a reptilian "alien" impersonating her husband.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• To reiterate:

Here’s the current South Africa data and it reminds once again that Biden’s teleprompter scripters have no idea what they are talking about. Between November 11 and December 19, the case rate in South Africa exploded from less than 5 per million to 388 per million or by 85X.Meanwhile, the death rate has barely budged from 0.48 per million to 0.55 per million. That is to say, it was a rounding error before and remains one now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
            Guess I'm going to have to tune in on Sunday mornings, I must have been mistaken on the lack of value of TV evangelism.

Christian author Sharon Gilbert claimed she had an encounter where she was forced to rip off the face of a reptilian "alien" impersonating her husband.

A blind alien. JFC.

Comment

• You're the dude that infers shit an thinks you know how a person thinks and what the believe because you make assumptions based on your fucking beliefs,

Because a person thinks that the Fauci bullshit is bullshit does not mean that he trusts the Chinese.

You jump to conclusions that fit your narrative so you can spew your ant-prog anti-media bullshit.

When I used to train guys to drive boats and do search and rescue I would run into guys that always thought the wrong thing was important. That's you.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Shit, fellas, Festivus was yesterday

Comment

• I must have missed this, but I saw it b/c SF is trying to deal with rampant drug use issues: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...jection-sites/

NYC has safe drug-injection sites. Literally, Hamsterdam! The thing that made me LOL was "users must bring their own drugs" -- well, heh, thank god.

Actually, this might be a plausible solution. You really can't incarcerate drug users. And you really can't rehabilitate them either, not en masse. That's bailing water from the Titantic with shot glass. So, find a place to cordon them off, give them an opportunity to seek help, have Nalaxone around and, otherwise, let them destroty their body. It's sort of in line with my thinking on not getting vaccinated -- fuck if I care if you want to run that risk.

Anyway, I haven't actually thought through the idea, but my gut feeling is it can't be worse than what we have. I guess the problem is that if they don't stay in those sites then you have to deal with it anyway. And, if Hamsterdam is any lesson at all -- heh -- they sort of become hell on earth places.
                  Last edited by iam416; December 24, 2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• ........ what else that isn't being reported is the obvious pattern of sharp rise in new COVID + cases followed by a precipitous decline in them that every variant has displayed. It's out there but front page is still "SURGE" ....... today's Sun Sentinel's front page had this headline: Florida reports highest number of new cases in a day since September.

I have a subscription to this mostly left leaning news source - the Sun Sentinel. It's OK for local news and if I'm out of my news feed loop for a period of the week, the Sunday issue has a good global and national recap. So, I get these "breaking news" notifications in my email probably a 1/2 dozen times a day. Most of them are shootings, car wrecks and fires, the standard stuff. Within these though are the COVID reports. They have little to no context so, of course, they are meaningless to me and I mostly ignore them. But, people, South FL residents are reading this shit and coming away in fear. I have friends who won't go out right now. I know of some who are hosting Holiday parties and asking guests (all under 50) to test before coming. Thankfully, a party we'll attend this evening is being hosted by a wise dude who is saying, "fuck this shit ....... I'm not worried and I can't come up with a concrete reason to be worried".

To be accurate, there are two endings to a pandemic based on the history of them. One is a medical ending or when a virus has been rendered extinct or more likely neutered. The other is when people stop being fearful of it and return to normal routines. We were getting there until Omicron, damn it. Medically, there is good evidence that SARS2 is trending toward being less and less harmful at every occurrence of a new variant. Moreover, it wasn't that harmful to begin with when one stood back and took rational account of it.

Fear of it is another thing entirely and we're not at all close, if my own personal experience is an indicator of that. I'm running at about 1 in 10 of my friends and acquaintances that are like the host of the Christmas party I'll attend this evening. Like I said, we got close about three weeks ago but, then Omicron and an opportunity for supposed experts and the government to capitalize on fear mongering for various agendas not related to the PH. I think this time, assuming Omicron turns out to be another nail in the coffin of this shit storm, we may start to see a reduction in the fear index I'll call it. That should happen some time in January and in FL when the new case numbers of Omicron drop precipitously, just like they are doing with Delta in MI and Omicron in just about every corner of the planet it has appeared.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I saw this yesterday and, well, Jen Psaki pushing things DJT said....what in the actually fuck?,,,,https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...utm_term=first

I mean, it's right, but what a crazy world...

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You're the dude who trusts the Chinese and, well, mocks anyone who doesn't buy the GIANT. ASS. COINCIDENCE. theory.

But, as a poster, you're also batshit fucking crazy, pathologically dishonest and completely disinterested in and incapable of any sort of actual discussion. So, when you post something preposterously stupid I generally assume you meant it. Because, well...

yawn
                        This is a post where there needs more options than just the "like" button...needs a "fucking A" button.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Shit, fellas, Festivus was yesterday
                          ...Festivus is everyday here at The Forum...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Calling CGVT "batshit crazy" is not just a massive understatement...its an affront to batshit...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              ........ what else that isn't being reported is the obvious pattern of sharp rise in new COVID + cases followed by a precipitous decline in them that every variant has displayed. It's out there but front page is still "SURGE" ....... today's Sun Sentinel's front page had this headline: Florida reports highest number of new cases in a day since September.

I have a subscription to this mostly left leaning news source - the Sun Sentinel. It's OK for local news and if I'm out of my news feed loop for a period of the week, the Sunday issue has a good global and national recap. So, I get these "breaking news" notifications in my email probably a 1/2 dozen times a day. Most of them are shootings, car wrecks and fires, the standard stuff. Within these though are the COVID reports. They have little to no context so, of course, they are meaningless to me and I mostly ignore them. But, people, South FL residents are reading this shit and coming away in fear. I have friends who won't go out right now. I know of some who are hosting Holiday parties and asking guests (all under 50) to test before coming. Thankfully, a party we'll attend this evening is being hosted by a wise dude who is saying, "fuck this shit ....... I'm not worried and I can't come up with a concrete reason to be worried".

To be accurate, there are two endings to a pandemic based on the history of them. One is a medical ending or when a virus has been rendered extinct or more likely neutered. The other is when people stop being fearful of it and return to normal routines. We were getting there until Omicron, damn it. Medically, there is good evidence that SARS2 is trending toward being less and less harmful at every occurrence of a new variant. Moreover, it wasn't that harmful to begin with when one stood back and took rational account of it.

Fear of it is another thing entirely and we're not at all close, if my own personal experience is an indicator of that. I'm running at about 1 in 10 of my friends and acquaintances that are like the host of the Christmas party I'll attend this evening. Like I said, we got close about three weeks ago but, then Omicron and an opportunity for supposed experts and the government to capitalize on fear mongering for various agendas not related to the PH. I think this time, assuming Omicron turns out to be another nail in the coffin of this shit storm, we may start to see a reduction in the fear index I'll call it. That should happen some time in January and in FL when the new case numbers of Omicron drop precipitously, just like they are doing with Delta in MI and Omicron in just about every corner of the planet it has appeared.
                              Case numbers have long ago ceased to be a meaningful metric -- and I know you know that and are expressing your frustration over it. However, I think most people are over the "boy who cried wolf" responses, but the ones who aren't --- and that's still a ton of people -- will never be over them. They will always be scared.

Politically, it baffles me that the Chairman, who promised to "shut down the virus" isn't using rhetoric more consistent with reality. IMO, The Chairman needs to move people past Covid. His problem, of course, is that the elites in the institutions that, you know, message this shit aren't on-board with non-scare shit. And maybe he isn't either. I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

...Festivus is everyday here at The Forum...
                                Correct. However, the official airing of the grievances can't commence until you arrive, so, you know, go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X