No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they strike it down, Wiz. I think they should strike it down. I don't think this is within OHSA's delegated authority. It's a fairly technical administrative law issue, so it's probably not worth going into that much. I'm not sure where Kav and ACB stand, but IMO it's a pretty clearly beyond OHSA's authority.

Here's the general gist. First, Congress, I think, could pass a law mandating vaccines. I think there's a plausible tie to interstate commerce. Second, I think an agency could implement a vaccine mandate if Congress passed a law directly authorizing them to implement mandates. But, here, Congress authorized OHSA so oversee occupational safety and those words work together -- they oversee safety issues created or associated with the occupation. So, you know, acid factories have to implement safeguards against melting workers' faces off. with acid Covid isn't associated with a particular occupation. And the mandate is so broad that it even applies to employees who work from home and face and present zero occupational risk.

I'm fairly certain the Court will say that if you want to pass something so big and important you need to do it through Congress.

I mean, under this logic, I think OHSA could ban driving to work because carbon emissions will kill the planet or something.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Obviously a massive overreach but in watching it so far it's turning into a bit of a circus. Those testifying on behalf of the states are being interrupted constantly. The only justice I've heard thus far that is talking any sense is Thomas. I hope you are right.

But on a good note...Chairman Poopypants is now live touting the wonderful job numbers...so I must switch channels...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, after I read the transcript I'll have a pretty good sense.

Comment

• The Biden economic plan is working!!!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wait, weren't the job numbers like HALF of the estimates? And The Chairman is taking a victory lap? Eh, I guess it's probably the least bad thing he has going for him.

Comment

• Biden just said the Biden 2020-21 Economy is the best in 50 years!

You can't make this shit up.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I feel better. The republic is safe from Viking man...and the best economy in 50 years. Now I'm just waiting confirmation from the media to substantiate his words. I wonder what they will say...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm fairly certain the Court will say that if you want to pass something so big and important you need to do it through Congress.
                  Wiz, relax. SCOTUS is going to say nope, can't do that ....... I'm about 95% sure of that.

In a similar case involving Administrative Law, I followed FL's lawsuit seeking to enjoin the CDC's Conditional Sail Order (CSO) closely - the one that essentially shut down the cruise lines in March 2020. I actually looked at the reams of fascinating precedent the Federal Judge in the Middle District Court of FL used to tell the CDC to fuck-off. It was a stunning rebuke of the administrative state that the Federal Government was running and continues to run. I hope voters are paying attention, ignoring the left's efforts to smear the R's and will turn out these idiots come November. Looking forward to it and the following whine by the loser Ds who will cry the election was stolen. Fuck them. Sorry, back to my point.......

talent points out that OSHA, an administrative agency not accountable to the voters - is acting outside of it's lawful authority - means authorized by Congress through, you know, making laws, just like the idiots at the CDC tried to do. They got their faces rubbed in it; and it went all the way to Supremes on appeal by the feds and, no surprise, they got their faces rubbed in it again. The CSO became unenforceable poppy-cock
                  -
                  Count on the same thing for Chairman, I'm going to defeat the Virus, Biden's vaccine mandate bull-shit.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It appears that Talent is right (holy shit shoot me now)...this will get temporarily blocked and they will force it to go through Congress. Kavanaugh and Barrett were pretty amicable to mandates provided they do that...Roberts is a flake...Thomas is standing firm on not allowing...the prog judges were very scathing on their responses to the states' witnesses...lecturing even. So it will probably get blocked...and back to the drawing board for Chairman Poopypants...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jobs report...less than half of the expected jobs...and Joe claims victory...he's clearly having a Baghdad Bob moment...

Best economy in 50 years!! Trump's economy on steroids!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        Now in fairness...one of those pics was the MSP riots...but was egged on by then Veep candidate Kamala Harris...the others include the protest of the 2000 election results (remember...we should never question election results...we are a law and order nation)...the protest of the 2016 election (ditto)...the riots during the Kavanaugh hearings...and the BLM attack on DC in 2020.

So just keep these and dozens of other examples when you see the January 6th melodrama exerted by the Dems.
                        Heels-up up Harris went so far as to promote a rioter bail fund on her Twitter account.

Comment

• She wasn’t the only one either. Some rioters are better than others apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

They did a lot more than spread a bunch of bullshit about Trump and Russia. They illegally spied on Trump to try and manufacture a "collusion" story and then launched a multi billion dollar, multi year investigation that was sourced in a total hoax. And they knew it was a hoax. Weaponizing the FBI against political opponents is a much bigger threat to our democracy than a bunch of people who storm the Capitol (a public building BTW) and then leave after a few hours without doing any substantial damage or actually killing anybody.
                            This is pretty much not true. Illegally spied? LOL. Who's been charged with crimes? Anyone? One guy slightly altered a form or a transcript. Big fucking deal.

As Andy McCarthy has written about, what happened with Russiagate might be dirty politics but almost none of it is illegal.

What's the fact that the Capitol is a "public building" got to do with anything? Is that somehow supposed to mitigate what happened?

Andrew McCarthy: Durham indictments – don't be fooled, here's where this case is likely headed | Fox News

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Wait, weren't the job numbers like HALF of the estimates? And The Chairman is taking a victory lap? Eh, I guess it's probably the least bad thing he has going for him.
                              I am genuinely curious why the official numbers continue to be so far off from what ADP and the private sector is reporting. Nearly every month ends up getting revised upwards too. Oct and Nov went up another 140,000 jobs. ADP predicted over 800k new jobs this month.

Anywho unemployment dropped to 3.9% while Labor Force participation went up again. Wages rose 4.7% for the year.

Comment

• The S&P 500 rose nearly 29% during 2021. The other indexes were in the ballpark of 20% I believe. I know my 401k and mutual funds did great. I got a 7% raise. Feeling good!

Comment

Working...
                                X