No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dershowitz tried to get Ghislaine Maxwell a preemptive pardon when Trump was still President.

Jeffrey Epstein’s former lawyer lobbied Donald Trump to pre-emptively pardon Ghislaine Maxwell during the final days of his presidency

Comment

• At least 19 dead in a fire at a Bronx apt building

At least 19 people are dead, including nine children, in a catastrophic fire that broke out at a high-rise apartment building in the Bronx Sunday, officials said.

Comment

Attached Files
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Doppelganger alert: Alfred E. Newman .......very few will know who that is.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• What me worry?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• RIP Bob Saget. And Sidney Poitier yesterday

Comment

• Man Bob Sager. Shapping up to be a banner year gotta say

Comment

• Bob Sagat is now telling his aggressively unfunny Dad jokes to God.

Comment

• Comment

• In COVID news, its hard to ignore what's going on with new infections from Omicron. Epidemiologists are seeing a lagging rise in hospitalizations and deaths that belies the thinking over the last 2-3 weeks that this isn't going to be a big deal. I'm still not sure it is because the data sucks and just isn't reliable enough to know, even with limited certainty, what the disease impact is. We can look to Israel that does have very good data. From it, they started a 4th booster campaign for the most vulnerable people in December, then expanded it to a limited younger cohort and seemingly have not experienced anywhere near that disease impact of Omicron that Europe and the US has seen. I'll not get into it here but a 4th booster is not the be-all-end-all one might think it is. For now, don't run out and get a 4th shot. There will be the development of another wide spectrum vaccine that will cover a lot of coronaviruses including SARS2 in thenot too distant future - like 3-6 months.

What we are seeing nationally with Omicron is hits on services like airline travel, trash collection, police and fire services, public utilities and the like. Hospital services are also impacted by staff being out for illness, most of it COVID related. Employees are not terribly sick but they are out because that's what the CDC has said should happen. I'm questioning the reasonableness of the guidance (what's new with public confidence in what those shit birds are telling us). We are foolish to think we can stop Omicron infections. We can't and since most people are not getting really sick we should stop the incessant hand-wringing.

The CDC did recently ease isolation and quarantine requirements but they are so fucking complicated as to be unhelpful because HR departments can't figure them out or develop sick-leave policies that meet the needs of the company, the employees who are sick and at the same time follow the CDC guidance. Most employees don't stay home/call-out sick when they have a cold and that is exactly what 90-98% (age adjusted on the low side) of the new Omicron related COVID positives are experiencing. As far as hospitals are concerned, the official PH narrative augmented by the media has scared the shit out of everybody. People get a sore throat, runny nose and cough, do a home test, get a positive and then rush to the nearest ER thinking they need Paxlovid - Pfizer's just approved oral antiviral - or infused monoclonal antibodies or they are going to die. Nonsense but, admission rates are up and I suspect that ER docs are admitting way more than need to be admitted out of this "abundance of caution" BS and the attendant liability if one, ONE!!! of the 100s of patients they see with cold symptoms and a positive COVID test goes down hill fast and dies after they sent them home. It can happen but the risk of that is exceedingly small ..... still.

The one thing that is going to pull us out of the current tail-spin is the occurrence of the steep decline in new cases in the US - one state or region at a time - that is predicted based on the course of Omicron cases in other countries like SA. It'll happen. It can't come soon enough for me. Sick of this shit making it unnecessarily hard on people's lives.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• 271418133_10159859192395786_1740369253066678356_n.png?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=QUaqBEze5m4AX9zFand&_nc_oc=AQlxoOBLfUmI0__Pj8J8TRfZKC0U9NxKh76iBVVQwex9L-UueRiEHc3MMFRmxNZPJVY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9WKRz
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• CEO Albert Bourla on Monday said a vaccine that targets the omicron variant of Covid will be ready in March, and the company's already begun manufacturing the doses. Looks like more jabs for me. AOC probably should have waited before being the crazy hypocrite she is party down maskless at the Drag Queen bar.

Comment

• ...old Dr. Fauci had a vax...e i e i o. And with this vax he had a booster...e i e i o...with a jab jab here and a jab jab there...here a jab there a jab...everywhere a jab jab...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              CEO Albert Bourla on Monday said a vaccine that targets the omicron variant of Covid will be ready in March, and the company's already begun manufacturing the doses. Looks like more jabs for me. AOC probably should have waited before being the crazy hypocrite she is party down maskless at the Drag Queen bar.
                              ...... some background: Both Moderna and Pfizer-BiotechN, makers of the novel mRNA vaccines, have been talking about making a vaccine that is all knowing and all covering of multiple coronavirus strains (including the common cold). The appearance of SARS-CoV2 spurred an intense cooperative effort among virologists world wide to identify the nature of SARS-CoV2. mRNA vaccines where by products of that work. They are so technologically advanced yet so simple, that changing them so that they will properly respond and induce both a humeral and adaptive AB response in humans is easy and production can be quickly scaled up within existing production facilities. A by product of these efforts has been increased knowledge about all known strains of coronavirus', what reservoirs exist where they can reproduce and mutate and how they jump from those reservoirs to humans. It's a 10X improvement in that kind of virologic no-how in a couple of years compared to relatively little interest and little growth in knowledge because the common cold wasn't much of a global public health risk. The Chicoms changed all of that.

These "4th boosters" as they are being called are more likely to cover a large range of coronaviruses and getting one, if claims by Bourla et. al., are anywhere close to what these people are saying about them, could be game changers in future public health threats like SARS-CoV2 presented over 2y ago as well as the lesser burdens of absenteeism caused by common colds.

Comment

• you know if they were seriouus about investigating 1/6 maybe they should interview this guy

Will Cain: So Where Has January 6 "FBI Most Wanted" Ray Epps Been? "The Daily Mail" Found Him On His Ranch In Arizona | Video | RealClearPolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X