Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

But unlike almost every other person near the Capitol on January 6th, including people who didn't even enter the building or commit any violence, Ray Epps has never been charged with a crime. He hasn't even been arrested."

This isn't remotely true. There were thousands and thousands of people in that howling mob and almost no one that stayed outside has been arrested unless there's proof they attacked a cop or destroyed property. There's no proof Epps went inside or attacked anyone.

Comment

• I thought it was ANTEEEEEEEEEEFA!!!!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nope. Not that riot. You’re thinking of the people who did all the other ones last year.

Comment

• You mean the DNC Approved riots.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Literally the riots where the current VP volunteered to post bail no questions asked.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Speaking of those riots, the final chapter in the Kenosha saga has closed.

Dominick Black, who bought Kyle Rittenhouse the AR-15 used in the Kenosha shootings, has taken a plea deal on weapons charges, which was accepted by a judge on Monday.

“We have agreed to a fine of $2,000 here that Mr. Black will be responsible for paying as a consequence of this citation, and I believe that that does serve as a form of punishment and a deterrence to anyone going forward,” Kenosha County District Attorney Thomas Binger, who prosecuted Rittenhouse, said at the hearing.

Judge Bruce Schroeder, who presided over Rittenhouse’s trial, accepted Black’s no contest plea to a count of contributing to the delinquency of a child.

The non-criminal offense obviates the serious felonies that Black previously faced.

Well, Binger avoided the shutout by getting Black on a non-criminal citation. Well done, sir. Then again, it's hard to prosecute cases when all the evidence and applicable laws side with the opposition.

Comment

• Got off easy. Time for another Kamala/Maxine sponsored riot!!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Turkmenistan cancelling all direct flights to Nebraska

Turkmenistan's leader wants 'Gates of Hell' fire put out : NPR

Comment

• Nebraska cancelling all flights to Dumbfuckistan (Ohio).
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

But unlike almost every other person near the Capitol on January 6th, including people who didn't even enter the building or commit any violence, Ray Epps has never been charged with a crime. He hasn't even been arrested."

This isn't remotely true. There were thousands and thousands of people in that howling mob and almost no one that stayed outside has been arrested unless there's proof they attacked a cop or destroyed property. There's no proof Epps went inside or attacked anyone.

I think you should read the article that crashcourse posted. Perhaps look at the video, if it doesn't upset you too much.

This is about a man who clearly, consistently, and provably, advocated for storming the capitol building. Have you seen anyone else who did the same and has not been charged? Have you ever seen someone who was FBI Most Wanted and then just disappeared from the list? Why was he dropped from the list? If we had a functioning news media, they would be all over this story.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        Got off easy. Time for another Kamala/Maxine sponsored riot!!
                        Well, the guy's last name is "Black", so he's probably a victim of Racial injustice.

Comment

• Hard to disagree with this:

Why try it now, for the first time in history, to eliminate extended debate? Well, because they control every lever of the federal government. That’s the very reason why we have the rule. So when one party, when one interest controls all levers of government, one man or one woman can stand on the floor of the Senate and resist, if need be, the passions of the moment.

Put simply, the nuclear option would transform the Senate from the so-called “cooling saucer” our Founding Fathers talked about to cool the passions of the day to a pure majoritarian body, like a parliament.

We’ve heard a lot in recent weeks about the rights of the majority and of obstructionism. But the Senate is not meant to be a place of pure majoritarianism.

At its core, the filibuster’s not about stopping a nominee or a bill. It’s about compromise and moderation. That’s why the Founders put unlimited debate in. . . . It doesn’t mean I get my way. It means you may have to compromise. You may have to see my side of the argument. That’s what it’s about. Engendering compromise and moderation.

Ladies and gentlemen, the nuclear option extinguishes the power of independence and moderates in this Senate. That’s it. They’re done. Moderates are important only if you need to get 60 votes to satisfy cloture. They are much less important if you need only 50 votes.

Comment

• Spot on. Who said it?

Comment

• The Chairman, of course.

Comment

• Pre-Dementia Joe, obviously. I figured it was a prominent D.

According to Manchin, getting rid of the filibuster requires a two-thirds vote anyway.
                                Last edited by Mike; January 11, 2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X