X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    respect your elders ya lil snot nosed twatwaffle
    AA? Is that you??
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• CGVT and DSL will be happy to learn that Heartland Financial Minnesota Bank & Trust has closed and canceled all of Mike Lindell's bank accounts including his Christmas club.
      #war on terror

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
        CGVT and DSL will be happy to learn that Heartland Financial Minnesota Bank & Trust has closed and canceled all of Mike Lindell's bank accounts including his Christmas club.
        #war on terror
        At this point even Steve Bannon brings that dude on just to laugh at him

Comment

• CGVT and DSL will be happy to learn that Heartland Financial Minnesota Bank & Trust has closed and canceled all of Mike Lindell's bank accounts including his Christmas club.

I was going though a pantry closet couple weeks ago and guess what's in there, a brand new 'My Pillow'. Don't even knew when it was bought, so I though yeah ill try it. Woke up with the worst stiff neck ever!

Comment

• In case you've been ignoring COVID news ..... a rational behavior, it's registered new case numbers are beginning to fall in the sequential order of states and regions that first experienced Omicron. SA was first, now the drop is apparent in the UK, France (along with most of the EU), NY and FL, about in that order.

A large number of epidemiologists and virologists believe this is the last wave of SARS-CoV2 of any significant disease impact. There is an important and factual basis to this thinking. It involves close examination of the character and properties of the Omicron variant of SARS-CoV2, something global researchers have gotten good at because of the mounting data base of technical information about the virus gathered over the last 27 months.

SARS-CoV2 is following a typical burn out pattern of every virus to impact humans in the long history of their study relegating this particular virus to out of mind out of sight status. The two popular hypotheses explaining this pattern are:

(1) The protein that allows the virus to attach itself to human cells runs out of space to mutate or shapes to fold into to continue the attachment to and subsequent entry into human cells where the invading virus then co-opts the cell's reproductive functions to replicate and grow inside us. Omicron appears to be a last gasp effort to continue to massively promulgate itself. Other last gasp efforts (variants) will come along, each less capable than it's predecessors of improving and sustaining itself. This reality is based on basic math and physics. No voodoo science involved.

(2) The repeated assault by a virus, in this case SARS-CoV2, of the human innate and adaptive immune systems creates an ever improving immunity that allows the human body to render said virus inconsequential. Omicron is a sign that is happening. It is subtly different than Alpha (the original) and Delta but enough different to suggest the virus is running out of steam.

While Influenza A and SARS-CoV2 have similar properties and mechanisms of action to invade humans and cause disease, they are different animals. Influenza A mutates and replicates itself inside the reservoirs that host it (both humans and animals) much more quickly than SARS-CoV-2 does. Each year, a new vaccine is mixed up for your annual flu shot based on new strains that evolve in the far east and spread westward. Natural immunity to Flu A isn't as effective as it is v. SARS-CoV2 and its variants. That predicts a much more robust defense against disease in humans from SARS-CoV2 acquired through vaccines and/or exposure.

The kicker that will allow us to end this shit storm is the ease by which mRNA vaccine technology allows rapid development of follow-on adjustments to them and, now, with vaccine production capable of delivering new forms at scale we're in good shape going forward. Yeah, revaccinating (boosters) appears to be a fruitless endeavor. It's not. Each new batch, each new booster, contributes to the ability of the human immune system to mount a strong defense that theoretically could render SARS-CoV2 incapable of producing any symptoms at all - that is the huge value of mRNA technology whereas traditional vaccine technology just isn't sufficient to render influenza impotent ..... that's coming.

The triumph of human ingenuity over the deadly impact of most pathogens, now greatly improved and accelerated with mRNA vaccine technology, is cause for hope that the idiocy that produced massive over-reaction and subsequent enormous economic and social damage world-wide, is not likely to repeat itself any time soon. Your welcome for this encouraging COVID news
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 15, 2022, 09:17 AM.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The only redeeming part of the Omicron surge is that sooooooo many people have contracted it that even the Fear Monkeys are starting to come to the realization that there's not much point in continually trying to stem the tide. Now, I was fully there last year when the old folks got their vaccinations. But, I think most people are there now -- even the generally tone deaf elite media is starting to shift.

You can ge vaccinated and/or boostered or not. Whatever. There are seeming benefits, but whatever. If you choose not to, whatever. I'm vaxxed and boosted. I haven't a lick of fucking fear (and, TBH, I haven't really since June of 2020 when it was glaringinly obvious that it was old people/multi-comorbidity killer). It's time to move the fuck on.

If you want to put yourself at whatever additional risk not being vaccinated/boosted puts you at -- knock yourself out. If you want to Fear Monkey the rest of your life away in the basement, knock yourself the fuck out. The rest of us are done. Well, some of us are done. I'm reminded of this when I watch fan-less P12 highlights and packed house B10 highlights.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I got the J&J booster this week because my doctor told me it was a good idea to do so. Seems like nearly everything I read about J&J indicates that it has good success against Omicron. And Omicron isn't all that tough anyway. I still wear a mask when I'm going to be inside crowded areas, but it comes off as soon as I get outside. I read an article this week (I wish I would have bookmarked it) that said Covid 19 doesn't do well outside. As soon as it hits fresh air it falls to the ground and dies quickly. The spread seems to be tied with being indoors in a crowded situation with everyone breathing the same air over and over. Sounds reasonable to me.

I'm ready for this thing to be over. I hope for all of us, that Covid 19 is breathing its last breath. And I hope in some way, that China will be held responsible for their role in this mess.

Comment

• I'm ready for this thing to be over.
                  Right, and this bears repeating as I posted up thread a while back: There will be two endpoints to this pandemic: (1) A medical endpoint. Everything points to the fact we are approaching that (see my post above). (2) The end of the fear monkey, illiberal narrative that has been bombarding us for over 2y.

As talent notes, you can see the shift in the elite's reporting on this. Before Omicron (which reignited the fear monkey talk), the NYT, actually, was leading the way in saying, gee, maybe we should be getting back to our normal routines ...... correct, but about 6 months too late. TBH, Omicron shook me and the scientific community up, until the fading, last gasp indicators that Omicron appears to be representing became clear.

TBH, a lot of that reticence to resume our normal lives appearing in the lay-press was a result of honest scientists whose research papers and studies journalists were reading. The scientists doing the research are generally devoid of political agendas, generally - Fauci is not among them. My daughter who is a PhD Biomedical Engineer and knows about this stuff, explained to me, that researchers tend to caveat encouraging scientific development with, "well we just don't know enough yet to be certain" and that is fair. The scientists and researchers looking into and speaking these days about this stuff that I mentioned above now know enough to be more certain. Accordingly, we're seeing this shift developing among journalists.

Have a nice MLK long weekend. I'm in Atlanta. We're supposed to have a quarter inch of ice here by noon Sunday. I miss FL and just cancelled my Sunday ride! Fuck that.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Much like the end to AA's reign of terror on these boards...Covid Fear will dash off into the sunset at some point as well. The difference is...I'll actually miss Covid more than I miss AA...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Have a nice MLK long weekend. I'm in Atlanta. We're supposed to have a quarter inch of ice here by noon Sunday. I miss FL and just cancelled my Sunday ride! Fuck that.
                      I imagine Atlanta will be under a state of emergency. Here in Shiawassee County Michigan, we call a day like that "Tuesday".

Much like the end to AA's reign of terror on these boards...Covid Fear will dash off into the sunset at some point as well. The difference is...I'll actually miss Covid more than I miss AA...
                      You should stop being so mean to AA. What did he ever do to you? I mean, besides criticizing your 11th best in Nebraska wings?

Comment

• I got the J&J booster this week because my doctor told me it was a good idea to do so.
                        Did you ask him about when he said it will be over in 6 months anyway?

Comment

• Not even sure where to post this but Mark Schlissel has been fired for cause effective immediately. MSC is back as interim president.

The board hired a firm to conduct an independent investigation into whether Schlissel had violated the university's supervisor relationship policy.

The Regents has posted his communications to their website for all to see.

https://regents.umich.edu/governance...nt-of-interim/
                          Last edited by Mike; January 15, 2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Did you ask him about when he said it will be over in 6 months anyway?
                            That was my cardiologist. He was obviously wrong.

My internist told me to get the booster jab.

Comment

• ...and I'm telling you...to STFU...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Before I STFU ..

Did you see the IW in the Raiders/Cincy game?

The only thing that surprises me is how many people don't know the enforcement of the rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X