Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I strongly disagree that Trump and Putin had a common interest in ending NATO, breaking up the EU, and giving Ukraine to Russia.

I don’t think Putin was necessarily scared of Trump but he realized that there would be a change in the presidency after 2020. When Steady Hand Biden won the election I’d bet Putin started chomping at the bit and after the Afghanistan debacle he was foaming at the mouth. Biden projects nothing but weakness and frailty.

Oh, and maybe it’s not a good idea to tell the whole world, while Putin masses troops around Ukraine, that there’s no way in hell the U.S. will get involved militarily. How about “all options are on the table” while privately holding a non-interventionist position.
    You believe Trump was pro-NATO, pro-EU, and favored Ukraine over Putin?

In all honesty, MIke, I do not understand how you can believe that. Maybe, MAYBE I can be convinced that Trump was just practicing tough love with NATO members to get them to increase defense spending. But he bashed them constantly out loud while almost never saying the slightest criticism of Russia. How should foreign nations interpret that? And again, they could be lying but both John Bolton and Mark Esper are on the record that Trump was going to at least attempt to withdraw from NATO in his second term.

But breaking up the EU is obviously something Trump wanted. Hell, that's a common viewpoint in conservative circles. At least until the past month. Every Con here praised the UK for leaving the EU. because it weakens an economic competitor of the United States. It's an economic competitor of Russia too!

If Trump could choose good relations with Russia or Ukraine, I have no doubt he'd choose Russia and he would offer them up

It's undeniable, UNDENIABLE that Trump is the most isolationist President we've had since before FDR. Yes, he wasn't predictable, and there's a danger he'd lob a missile on a whim, but ultimately if I'm Putin, I would absolutely prefer an American President who bashed our traditional alliances and gave every indication that he wanted to remove American troops from all over the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I’m not sure how anyone can look at the sum of Biden’s outcomes - from the border, to Covid, to the economy, to diplomacy in Europe and the East - and do the gymnastics to come up with any phrase other than ‘abject failure’. He hasn’t done a lot of stuff to hang your hat on in his 15 months in the Oval Office. And the more distant the prior administration gets in the rear view, the harder it will be for a reasonable person to offer, “But Trump….”

Bah. Enough of that. On to serious matters: Texas Pete is a bad hot sauce. If you like hot sauces that are a bit milder, go with Crystal.
      Finally cogent thoughts from the buffoon from Birmingham...

...especially the Texas Pete take...spot on...horrible sauce...horrible...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Am I allowed to agree that he hasn't achieved much while not thinking the country has become an utter shithole?
        No.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Am I allowed to agree that he hasn't achieved much while not thinking the country has become an utter shithole?

Let me set the strawman ablaze first, I never said the country was an “utter shithole.”

Second, “hasn’t achieved much” is a massive understatement. It’s like saying “Putin’s early invasion planning might be somewhat inadequate.”

Third, you fail to echo my hot sauce wisdom at your own peril.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• DSL...you may leave the room now...kiddie hour is over...

AA...nice to have you back...now STFU.

Talent...

"...you're the one that I want oh baby oooh oooh ooh ooh..."

Liney...hell hath no fury like a fat dude scorned...

CGVT/frootless...you're not important enough to comment to...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              DSL...you may leave the room now...kiddie hour is over...

AA...nice to have you back...now STFU.

Talent...

"...you're the one that I want oh baby oooh oooh ooh ooh..."

Liney...hell hath no fury like a fat dude scorned...

CGVT/frootless...you're not important enough to comment to...
              Who dis? New phone.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• LAIR!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Let me set the strawman ablaze first, I never said the country was an “utter shithole.”

Second, “hasn’t achieved much” is a massive understatement. It’s like saying “Putin’s early invasion planning might be somewhat inadequate.”

Third, you fail to echo my hot sauce wisdom at your own peril.
                  Sorry, YOU haven't called the country a shithole. But that's just the general impression you get listening to nearly any conservative politician or media figure. Everything's broken. In just 15 months!

Comment

• It's not a shithole. It's a clusterfuck.

Get it right dude.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Sorry, YOU haven't called the country a shithole. But that's just the general impression you get listening to nearly any conservative politician or media figure. Everything's broken. In just 15 months!

You know what the left media did with the prior admin. It’s what partisans see as their duty.

Anyway, I voted for Biden and I have some serious buyer’s remorse right now. You know how Diogenes kept looking for an honest man with his lantern? I feel like getting my own lantern and looking for a competent president. I’m not seeing any critical decision Biden has made that isn’t completely wrong or at the least off-target, shortsighted, and shittily planned out.

Comment

• LOL. This was supposedly a “live” speech

Comment

• I voted for Biden

AA...you ignorant slut.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Biden has projected American strength at its finest in a scant 14 months. Putin and our adversaries tremble at the mere mention of his name. When he sends Kamala Harris to Europe they know she means business. This isn’t a game. We’re talking about war in Europe, OK?
                            Actually, Mike, it IS a game.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• This slag below has worked as Lavrov's press person for years. First Putin's speech gets cut off and then her mic goes dead in the middle of her speech

Fifth columnists in the broadcast booth?! Mentioned in one thread but as people quit State TV in Belarus a couple years ago, there was a noticeable decline in the quality and competency of official propaganda.

Comment

• So AA...and other Biden voters...how do you feel about the NYT admitting that the Hunter laptop story was real all along...and that Big Tech and the MSM were complicit in turning an election?

Any thoughts on "The Big Guy" using his influence to make millions from foreign countries through that pos he called "the most intelligent person he knows"?

Bueller? Bueller?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X