No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasoline was $1.70 per gallon on inauguration day.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What was unemployment on Inauguration Day?

It’s currently 3.8%. Wiz is says that’s worse than any point during the Great Depression

Comment

• You are seriously going to compare unemployment during the height of the pandemic to now? JFC you are a special kinda dumb...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are seriously going to compare gas prices during the height of the pandemic to now? JFC you are a special kinda dumb...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            You are seriously going to compare unemployment during the height of the pandemic to now? JFC you are a special kinda dumb...
            You posted a meme that says Biden has brought back the Great Depression. Sir, you have surrendered all right to ever accuse anyone else of being dumb.

Except crashcourse.

Comment

• Big Nick Fuentes GOP energy here

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You posted a meme that says Biden has brought back the Great Depression. Sir, you have surrendered all right to ever accuse anyone else of being dumb.

Except crashcourse.
                If you ever compare me to crash again...I'll kill you. Kill you dead.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fair, but not harsh enough.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Just another victory by the Biden administration. From the WSJ

In case you missed it amid the war news, the Journal this week reported that Saudi Arabia is edging closer to accepting the yuan as payment for oil shipments to China. This is one more cost, and a potentially significant one, of the Biden Administration’s bungled handling of a strategically important ally.

Details of the potential new Saudi-Chinese oil-trading arrangements remain vague. The two sides have talked for years about pricing some oil sales in yuan, and it may not happen. Some 80% of global oil sales are priced in U.S. dollars, the yuan is not freely convertible as a reserve currency must be, and Saudi Arabia’s currency, the riyal, is pegged to the dollar.

Yet the two sides are said to be keen, and news of renewed discussions sends an alarming signal. Saudi Arabia committed in 1974 to conduct its oil trade only in dollars, in exchange for security guarantees from Washington. The Biden Administration has undermined that relationship at every turn, and by all accounts the Saudis are fed up.

One of the Administration’s first foreign-policy actions was to end U.S. support for the Saudi war against the Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen. It also removed the terrorist designation from the Houthis. The White House then postponed a scheduled arms sale to Riyadh—a security slap-in-the-face that wasn’t reversed until late last year.

The Houthis have returned Mr. Biden’s gift by sending drones and missiles to attack the oil fields and cities of Saudi Arabia and its ally, the United Arab Emirates. Meanwhile, the Saudis watch, aghast, as Mr. Biden chases a new nuclear deal that will give Iran the resources to finance proxy wars against Saudi Arabia—until Tehran gets its own nuclear bomb.

Mr. Biden and his advisers say this is all about human rights. They rode into town on a high horse concerning the Riyadh-orchestrated 2018 murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Secretary of State Antony Blinken cited humanitarian concerns when lifting the terrorist designation from the Houthis.

The Khashoggi murder was outrageous and Yemen’s plight is desperate, but Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has made other moves toward domestic liberalization. More to the point, the U.S. needs every friend it can keep in a difficult part of the world. The high-minded internationalists populating the Biden Administration assume, wrongly, that a power such as America has the luxury of cooperating only with the morally pure.

The Saudis are recalculating their interests now that they fear they can’t rely on the U.S.—amid the Biden Administration’s hostility and the horrifying Afghanistan withdrawal. The Crown Prince has refused Mr. Biden’s entreaties to pump more oil, and he is reported even to have refused to take the President’s phone call.

Classic Democrat placing "feelings" over national interest. Why in the world do the Dems favor Iran in the Middle East?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      You are seriously going to compare gas prices during the height of the pandemic to now? JFC you are a special kinda dumb...
                      January 2021 wasn't the "height" of the pandemic. For us here in Michigan, that was about April - May of 2020 when Whitmer became dictator. You remember, when she tried to put the Owosso barber out of business, and even threatened to jail him for disobeying her orders.

That time frame.

In January 2021, vaccines were in full swing and people were starting to go back to work. Joe's first action was to eliminate a future source of fossil fuels, in order to pander to the 80 million voters who allegedly voted for him.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Most of the country was still locked down dumbass.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Most of the country was still locked down dumbass.
                          Supply and demand. Dumbass
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ok fine. I supply you with a shaddup...and I demand you STFU..
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

In January 2021, vaccines were in full swing and people were starting to go back to work. Joe's first action was to eliminate a future source of fossil fuels, in order to pander to the 80 million voters who allegedly voted for him.
                              Ah, yes. The wonderful Keystone pipeline, the great white hope of the delusional conservative.

This is the reality of that pipe dream (pun intended)

Russia is the world's second-largest exporter of crude oil, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. But the U.S. imported an average of 209,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Russia in 2021, according to the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers, as well as 500,000 barrels per day of other petroleum products. This amount makes up 3% of U.S. crude oil imports and about 1% of the crude oil processed in U.S. refineries.

Keystone XL, an expansion of an existing North American pipeline, would have carried 830,000 barrels of crude oil from Alberta, Canada, to Nebraska daily at its peak. At the time Mr. Biden halted its construction, the $8 billion expansion was only about 8% complete, according to Reuters.

Yet many experts agree that moving ahead with the pipeline wouldn't have prevented U.S. gas prices from climbing to a record high. Expanding the Keystone would have increased global oil production by less than 1%, an amount, they explained, is "almost negligible."

"I can see why people make that connection," Nemet said."But in terms of gasoline prices and global oil prices, it's just something it's better to just ignore because it would have no impact."

Even if the pipeline was already built, it wouldn't help with the price at the pump, Nemet added, noting that the U.S. has already doubled its oil production over the last 15 years. "And yet, we still have $100 per barrel oil."

With inflation soaring, gas prices have been increasing for months — hitting an average of $4.33 a gallon on March 11, according to AAA.

"The key lesson there is the U.S. is not the whole story here. It's a global market," Nemet said. "And so we've got 8 billion people that are consuming oil and many countries that are producing it, and it all goes into one market."

The Biden administration has repeatedly pushed back against proposals to revive the pipeline expansion. On March 7, Fox News' Peter Doocy asked White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki whether Mr. Biden would "ever undo his executive order that stopped the construction of the Keystone XL" in an effort to lower gas prices.

"The Keystone was not an oilfield — it's a pipeline," she responded. "The oil is continuing to flow in, just through other means. So, it actually would have nothing do with the current supply imbalance."

Psaki added the Department of Energy predicts that in 2023 the U.S. will "produce more oil... than ever before."

But you all can, and will continue to buy into that bullshit because the truth does not fit your narrative.

Comment

• Speaking of delusional...hello CGVT...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X