Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    Tired of your precious little sunshine being a wallflower? Here?s your chance to make her the talk of the playground! From Hello Kitty?s ?Tiny Tot Terrorist? collection, it?s the hot pink ?Mini-Maimer Assault Rifle?! This fully functional boy attracter (and repeller) has no need for accessories. Comes with a side mounted laser sight, 30 round magazine, high grade optics, removable flash suppressor cover, and a standard 40mm grenade launcher. Hurry while supplies last! Not for indoor use.

LOL does it come with batteries?
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post

Extended magazines with high-capacity and sophisticated ammuntion, designed with maximum killing efficiency are the real and immediate problems in America.
      This is a worthwhile distinction, and something in the general area I was going a few pages back. The weapon itself is less the problem than the fact some nut can carry 120 rounds of in a pair of cargo shorts. Parsing the difference into practice might be difficult however.

Comment

• Orlando area is having a bad week.

http://time.com/4369592/alligator-tw...attack-disney/

This family was from Nebraska. I cannot imagine what the father is feeling today.

Comment

• Yeah, heard about that on TV this AM. I cannot imagine the horror of being a parent and watching you child being eaten by a gator.

Note to self ...... when in Florida, stay out of the water or any where near to it at night.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Tragic, although this was not...

A Texas man who was warned not to swim in a river due to an alligator sighting, but jumped in anyway, was attacked and killed early Friday near the Louisiana border

A Texas man who was warned not to swim in a river due to an alligator sighting, but jumped in anyway, was attacked and killed early Friday near the Louisiana border, police.
            Tommie Woodward, 28, was at an outdoor bar at a marina in Orange, Texas, around 2:30 a.m. local time when he defied a sign warning of alligators and entered the bayou waters.
            Employees at the marina had erected the sign in recent days after spotting a “pretty damn big” 11-foot alligator in the area, Orange County Police Captain Robert Enmon told

A woman with Woodward warned him not to enter the water because of the risk, prompting him to reply “Fuck that alligator,” Enmon said.
            Just before he jumped in, the woman spotted the gator, Enmon said. Woodward was attacked almost immediately.

“It was pretty much immediate,” Enmon told BuzzFeed News. “He had puncture marks on his upper right shoulder, and his left arm and elbow received severe damage. The alligator pulled him down and he came back up yelling.”
            The woman he was with heard him screaming for help, local authorities told KFDM-TV, and jumped into the water in an apparent attempt to save him. When she was unsuccessful, she screamed for help.
            Marine employee Michelle Wright told CNN she rushed to the water with a flashlight and saw his body floating face down.
            Police later fished his body out of the water from a boat, Enmon said.
            “Alligators are extremely common around here,” Enmon told BuzzFeed News, “but in my 25 years on the job this is the first fatality I’m aware of.”
            Enmon said police are awaiting toxicology tests, but that alcohol may have been a factor in the man’s decision to enter the water.
            Kent Robnett, of Orange Texas, confessed Wednesday to trapping and killing the alligator. He allegedly set the trap on Saturday and once he caught the reptile, he shot it in the head.
            “I knew I was breaking the law,” he told ABC13. But he said he did it because the 11.5-foot gator was dangerous and just “too big.”
            “I have a one year old, a 3 year old, and a 14 year old who swim out here,” he said. “He was just too big.”
            Robnett’s action is punishable by a fine of up to $500. Authorities have not yet decided if they will ticket Robnett.
            Friends described Woodword on a memorial Facebook page as an “avid beer connoisseur, [who] loved fishing, swimming, camping, grilling and being outdoors period! Hard Working and helped people even if he had to give them the shirt off his back!”
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Tragic, although this was not...

A Texas man who was warned not to swim in a river due to an alligator sighting, but jumped in anyway, was attacked and killed early Friday near the Louisiana border

A Texas man who was warned not to swim in a river due to an alligator sighting, but jumped in anyway, was attacked and killed early Friday near the Louisiana border, police.
              Tommie Woodward, 28, was at an outdoor bar at a marina in Orange, Texas, around 2:30 a.m. local time when he defied a sign warning of alligators and entered the bayou waters.
              Employees at the marina had erected the sign in recent days after spotting a ?pretty damn big? 11-foot alligator in the area, Orange County Police Captain Robert Enmon told

A woman with Woodward warned him not to enter the water because of the risk, prompting him to reply ?Fuck that alligator,? Enmon said.
              Just before he jumped in, the woman spotted the gator, Enmon said. Woodward was attacked almost immediately.

?It was pretty much immediate,? Enmon told BuzzFeed News. ?He had puncture marks on his upper right shoulder, and his left arm and elbow received severe damage. The alligator pulled him down and he came back up yelling.?
              The woman he was with heard him screaming for help, local authorities told KFDM-TV, and jumped into the water in an apparent attempt to save him. When she was unsuccessful, she screamed for help.
              Marine employee Michelle Wright told CNN she rushed to the water with a flashlight and saw his body floating face down.
              Police later fished his body out of the water from a boat, Enmon said.
              ?Alligators are extremely common around here,? Enmon told BuzzFeed News, ?but in my 25 years on the job this is the first fatality I?m aware of.?
              Enmon said police are awaiting toxicology tests, but that alcohol may have been a factor in the man?s decision to enter the water.
              Kent Robnett, of Orange Texas, confessed Wednesday to trapping and killing the alligator. He allegedly set the trap on Saturday and once he caught the reptile, he shot it in the head.
              ?I knew I was breaking the law,? he told ABC13. But he said he did it because the 11.5-foot gator was dangerous and just ?too big.?
              ?I have a one year old, a 3 year old, and a 14 year old who swim out here,? he said. ?He was just too big.?
              Robnett?s action is punishable by a fine of up to $500. Authorities have not yet decided if they will ticket Robnett.
              Friends described Woodword on a memorial Facebook page as an ?avid beer connoisseur, [who] loved fishing, swimming, camping, grilling and being outdoors period! Hard Working and helped people even if he had to give them the shirt off his back!?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                Orlando area is having a bad week.

This family was from Nebraska. I cannot imagine what the father is feeling today.

I couldn't imagine the guilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                  Thanks Jon for raising this, the public discourse on both sides is so ill-informed it's painful to listen to.
                  Earlier up in the thread you posted if only some Patriot was armed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Yeah, heard about that on TV this AM. I cannot imagine the horror of being a parent and watching you child being eaten by a gator.

Note to self ...... when in Florida, stay out of the water or any where near to it at night.
                    I don't want to speak ill....but that's exactly what I'd be thinking. I'd be afraid to walk along the edge of any body of water down there myself, let alone allowing my toddler to do it at night.

I don't know if the parents were distracted, oblivious, or just assumed the area was gator-proofed. None of the above is excusable IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      Tired of your precious little sunshine being a wallflower? Here?s your chance to make her the talk of the playground! From Hello Kitty?s ?Tiny Tot Terrorist? collection, it?s the hot pink ?Mini-Maimer Assault Rifle?! This fully functional boy attracter (and repeller) has no need for accessories. Comes with a side mounted laser sight, 30 round magazine, high grade optics, removable flash suppressor cover, and a standard 40mm grenade launcher. Hurry while supplies last! Not for indoor use.

Stop baiting OP.

Comment

• I heard a Seal talk this morning about the AR-15. The one Mateen had (if he used an AR-15) was the most popular rifle sold in the US. Military versions have a choice between automatic and semi-automatic. Most disconcerting was that the "guts" of either version is able to be printed on a 3-D printer.

I guess we now have to ban 3-D printing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                          I don't want to speak ill....but that's exactly what I'd be thinking. I'd be afraid to walk along the edge of any body of water down there myself, let alone allowing my toddler to do it at night.

I don't know if the parents were distracted, oblivious, or just assumed the area was gator-proofed. None of the above is excusable IMO.

It was a Disney beach. I would think they'd be gator proof since they are at a Disney resort... And the beach is there for guests to enjoy.

Comment

• Maybe I have misunderstood the type of location..

Comment

• I'll leave the technical stuff about firearms to Jon and OP who do know their shit when it comes to weaponry ......

But in the last few days while having these discussions on the Orlando shooting, looking around, reading stuff, I've been stunned by the complexity of both the firearms industry, nomenclature, as well as the facts regarding how difficult it is to keep these weapons out of the hands of the crazies. They're everywhere in the US and this is just as big of a problem in Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Australia and both of SE and SW Asia.

I read one piece discussing arms policy issues involving Mexico and South America and that both of these regions hold the US responsible for the proliferation of weapons, especially assault weapons and magazines that will hold upwards of 100 rounds, finding there way into the hands of drug lords. Apparently, there is a lot of high level discussions going on right now between these governments over arms proliferation as it relates to the various gangs and drug cartels that are flourishing ......... we think we have it bad with San Bernadino and Orlando and not to minimize these events, but this kind of thing goes on daily in these countries and involves innocents getting caught in the gang cross fires and major battles going on between the various militaries and drug cartel criminals.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Check a little more careful there -- Australia hasn't had a mass shooting since 1996, after which laws were tightened up. Numbers obviously exist that show this isn't a problem in Europe either, which suffers a different sort of violence that is more targeted and close-range. I don't think these are everywhere in Asia either. Afghanistan is a central point and great for smuggling. But it has a domestic cottage industry of gunsmiths, suggestive of a lack of foreign supply.

Comment

Working...
                                X