No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOJ announces 20+ arrests for various forms of fraud related to covid. Probably just the beginning

DOJ: Alleged COVID fraudsters charged after raking in nearly $150 million through elaborate schemes - ABC News (go.com)

Comment

• Florida Senate votes to strip away Disney's self-governing status.

If understand this correctly, all the security, utility, and tax-raising abilities that Disney currently has will be turned over to Orange & Osceola Counties?

Florida Senate passes bill to strip Disney's special self-governing status (nbcnews.com)

Comment

• Hopefully the House follows suit.

Comment

• lol, sorry can't resist posting this one. Two assholes clashing head-to-head, face-to-sweaty-face, and Captain Spray Tan folded. Ran off to get his bottle and change his dipey.

Trump walks out of Piers Morgan interview after being pressed on 2020 election (nypost.com)

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Hopefully the House follows suit.
              Is Governor Ron going to be allocating any more money to those two counties to help them take on this responsibility? They're both Dem counties so I'm guessing hahaha of course not.

The Senate also eliminated Disney's exemption in his stupid Social Media bill from last year. I'm fine with that. The law is still overreach.

Comment

• Good. I hope he sinks his own campaign. Unfortunately, events like these probably won’t move the needle with primary voters much.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  STFU
                  Someone call the Lincoln zoo. One of their chimpanzees escaped again and keeps trying to sodomize a tractor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Is Governor Ron going to be allocating any more money to those two counties to help them take on this responsibility? They're both Dem counties so I'm guessing hahaha of course not.

The Senate also eliminated Disney's exemption in his stupid Social Media bill from last year. I'm fine with that. The law is still overreach.
                    It sounds like Disney is allowed to collect taxes under the current agreement. I would imagine that would just shift to state and local government.

I bet the Mouse doesn’t like the prospect of needing to go through local zoning boards to get approvals for new construction like regular folks. Maybe next time the company who built an empire marketing to children will more carefully consider their positions on children/family issues.

Comment

• Apparently some parachutists dropped in the Nats game tonight and there was some miscommunication...Capital Police were freaking out and evacuated the Capital as the plane entered restricted airspace near the heart of DC

Comment

• May recall a story about a Houston PI who rammed an air conditioner repairman's van off the road and then and held the guy up at gunpoint because he was convinced that the van held hundreds of thousands of "illegal ballots" for Biden. Obviously the van just had air conditioner parts.

He'd been hired by the man in this story. He actually hired more than a dozen private investigators in all to find evidence of illegal voting. None of them found jack shit. The wealthy conservative activist who hired them all just got indicted because of what the lunatic did. Not sure the charges will stick but we'll see.

The charges stem from Hotze’s hiring of more than a dozen private investigators to look for voter fraud in Harris County ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Comment

• Reluctantly posting something from Jimmy Kimmel but can't...resist...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Talent,

Thoughts on Newcastle-Crystal Palace today? You used to be a Magpies fan, iirc.
                            Talent never did get back to you, did he? Bastard's too busy getting blazed and celebrating Hitler's birthday to help a friend out with humble gambling advice

Comment

• Being a self-actualized Alpha Wolf Velociraptor, I placed the wager myself using my finely-honed acumen and genetically superior intellect.

Newcastle prevailed 1-nil because the Magpies knew they fucking better or suffer the dire consequences of my wrath.

Finally, I would like thank, most of all, me.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It sounds like Disney is allowed to collect taxes under the current agreement. I would imagine that would just shift to state and local government.

I bet the Mouse doesn’t like the prospect of needing to go through local zoning boards to get approvals for new construction like regular folks. Maybe next time the company who built an empire marketing to children will more carefully consider their positions on children/family issues.
                                I don't think Disney actually collects taxes because the land that the agreement covers is all owned by Disney. They'd be collecting taxes from themselves.

Osceola County gets the most benefit from Disney, because Disney property sits just west of Kissimmee/St. Cloud. The city of Orlando is about 10 miles away from Disney property. Orange County adjoins Osceola County, but I don't think any Disney property is actually IN Orange County. Its all Osceola County.

I lived in Kissimmee back in the early/mid 80's, right after the big AT&T/Bell System breakup. Lived there about 4 years. Osceola County still had a lot of farmland and swamp back then. Today, its all built up with strip malls and subdivisions. I don't think there is any undeveloped space between Orange and Osceola Counties like there was when I was there.

More power to Gov. DeSantis and the Florida legislature. Disney has been too big for its britches for a long time. Its time to knock them down a few notches.
                                Last edited by lineygoblue; April 20, 2022, 09:25 PM.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X