No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic comes from the Greek, Arktos, for bear.

Antarctic means “no bears” or “opposite of the bear.” One may assume that the names have to do with the polar bears in the Arctic and the absence of polar bears in Antarctica, but its origin is really about the Ursa Major and Ursa Minor (big bear and little bear) constellations visible in the north that point the North Star.

Now you know. Thank me later.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• CGVT- Talent prints his business cards on the side of sponges that expand when you get them wet

Talent- I'll see you in Hell

AA- You lost that Loving feeling...

Comment

• Ooooooh, classy

RIP, Phil
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's odd...every time I read one of CGVT's posts...I have to take a shit...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It’s the frozen wings, chief.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...it happened again after reading your post...shit...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Latest Madison Cawthorn "scandal" is a weird video of him completely nude, in bed with another man, grunting and dry humping the guy

Never seen someone's own party leak so much shit on their own member. Oof.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) said he was just "acting foolish, and joking" with "a friend" in response to a video he characterized as the latest hit piece meant to destroy his political career. The 26-year-old congressman, who has been ensnared in a string of controversies in recent weeks, released a statement Wednesday appearing to confirm

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Latest Madison Cawthorn "scandal" is a weird video of him completely nude, in bed with another man, grunting and dry humping the guy

Never seen someone's own party leak so much shit on their own member. Oof.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) said he was just "acting foolish, and joking" with "a friend" in response to a video he characterized as the latest hit piece meant to destroy his political career. The 26-year-old congressman, who has been ensnared in a string of controversies in recent weeks, released a statement Wednesday appearing to confirm

It's good that they are going to derail him. Once these fuckers get into office it is hard to get them out. Can you imagine 50 years of this jackass?
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Attached Files
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I often think you are all dumbasses.

As I'm sure you think of me the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I think I broke CGVT. Tough for him swimming in the deep end. But, admittedly, it’s a fun challenge to play wack-a-mole with the ever shifting bad arguments until he just waives the white flag.
                        True, but you used MATH. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Comment

• Re: public opinion polls on abortion, it's all about how the questions are phrased. Specific to the question of "do you think Roe should be overturned?", a significant number of people don't really understand what exactly that current ruling does. That question is often misinterpreted as "do you think abortion should be outlawed?". I thought that for a long time until this cropped back up as a possibility the last year or two and began reading up more. It's no wonder that pretty much every major news outlet is running headlines that most Americans don't want Roe overturned.

What's more telling is that, assuming it is, what does the public think about how abortion should be regulated. When you start asking specifics, it isn't nearly as popular as the left would have you believe.

From June 2021:

The new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research finds 61% of Americans say abortion should be legal in most or all circumstances in the first trimester of a pregnancy. However, 65% said abortion should usually be illegal in the second trimester, and 80% said that about the third trimester.

https://apnews.com/article/only-on-a...00bef4520a8fa8

Looking forward to the left's arguments on why late term abortions should be legal in all 50 states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Re: public opinion polls on abortion, it's all about how the questions are phrased. Specific to the question of "do you think Roe should be overturned?", a significant number of people don't really understand what exactly that current ruling does. That question is often misinterpreted as "do you think abortion should be outlawed?". I thought that for a long time until this cropped back up as a possibility the last year or two and began reading up more. It's no wonder that pretty much every major news outlet is running headlines that most Americans don't want Roe overturned.
                            This X 100.

Although I will say that both sides are overreacting in this manner. Conservatives are doing a victory lap, failing to realize that first trimester abortion will be either legal or a bus ride away for pretty much all of the population.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

This X 100.

Although I will say that both sides are overreacting in this manner. Conservatives are doing a victory lap, failing to realize that first trimester abortion will be either legal or a bus ride away for pretty much all of the population.
                              We're also getting ahead of ourselves because there's a still a chance the ultimate opinion is more reigned in than Alito's draft written 3 months ago.

Comment

• I wish your Mom had aborted you.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X