Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He’s gonna win the primary, I think.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Hannibal is correct. Oz is, IMO, very unlikely to win the general if he can even win the primary. Walker is a guaranteed primary winner a favorite over shitty Warnock.
      It's too bad that they couldn't find a sane Republican to run.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Rest easy folks. The Chairman is on the attack! He’s blaming transitory inflation on all-comers—especially the Rs! I mean, what have they done to fight inflation? I mean, besides deep-sixing the disastrously bad BBB spending monstrosity.

This changes everything. Recalibrate your midterm predictions accordingly—The Chairman IS FIGHTING BACK!!!

Comment

• Say this about Oz, so far.there has been no domestic abuse allegations that I know of. I would rather have a fella in the Senate that hasn't held a threatened a wife/girlfriend with a gun. That would be disqualifying to me, but I realize that is virtue signaling. When you vote for Walker do you get to decide which of the multiple.personalities get to be senator? I hope it's not one of the bad ones.

Comment

• For Republicans to win statewide in Pennsylvania they need high enthusiasm from the rural middle of the state.

Fetterman looks like a dude who'd stop by their tailgate outside Heinz Field and chug an Iron City beer. Dr. Oz would ask where the crudites were and quietly slip away when he realizes there's just hot dogs and cool ranch doritos.

Comment

• It’s a shame the Ds have gone so far off the reservation and have such a mediocre candidate that Walker can win in a state The Chairman won. That should cause some soul-searching, but the Ds will undoubtedly blame Walker’s election on racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                For Republicans to win statewide in Pennsylvania they need high enthusiasm from the rural middle of the state.

Fetterman looks like a dude who'd stop by their tailgate outside Heinz Field and chug an Iron City beer. Dr. Oz would ask where the crudites were and quietly slip away when he realizes there's just hot dogs and cool ranch doritos.
                Correct. It’s one important reason why he’s a terrible fucking candidate.

Comment

• But, to reiterate—The Chairman is FIGHTING BACK! The D prospects for the midterms are looking waaaay up!

Comment

• Again with Walker the violence, nut job conspiracies and fealty to Trump are strengths. If Loefller would have had those traits she would have been easily re-elected in Georgia.

Comment

• Ah, like Jew-hating for Ds.

Comment

• Chuck Schumer continues to amaze. He managed to shepherd the Ds abortion bill — with enough exceptions to make it no-limit abortion — to a 49-51 defeat whilst getting swing state Ds on the record for late term abortion.

Watching the Ds pull the levers of government is just a fucking privilege.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Chuck Schumer continues to amaze. He managed to shepherd the Ds abortion bill — with enough exceptions to make it no-limit abortion — to a 49-51 defeat whilst getting swing state Ds on the record for late term abortion.

Watching the Ds pull the levers of government is just a fucking privilege.
                          It frustrates me that they wasted time doing this performative bullshit. And that's the worst part of this administration is that they waste time voting on bullshit that has no hope of passing just so they can go cry on MSNBC or wherever that the R's are blocking everything.

But what's the absolute maximum number of votes they could've gotten on the much more rational bill Collins & Murkowski wrote? Probably 52.

Comment

• It frustrates Mrs. Talent, too.

Yes, 52. With zero hope of removing the filibuster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It frustrates me that they wasted time doing this performative bullshit. And that's the worst part of this administration is that they waste time voting on bullshit that has no hope of passing just so they can go cry on MSNBC or wherever that the R's are blocking everything.

But what's the absolute maximum number of votes they could've gotten on the much more rational bill Collins & Murkowski wrote? Probably 52.
                              For a bill that guarantees a minimum of what the average European lives with, I'd expect more than 52.

It's hard to say that a more "rational" bill can exist though. Abortion is an issue where the assumptions naturally push you to one extreme or the other. If you believe that life begins at conception and that all innocent life is sacred, then banning all abortion is the rational position. The inverse is true as well. I don't see a solution other than to let the states decide. But I will say that it is a very rational position to say that the Constitution does not grant women the right to get abortions. Which is why overturning Roe v Wade and sending the issue back to the states is the right thing to do..
                              Last edited by Hannibal; May 11, 2022, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Not a big Schumer fan, as a majority leader his WAR is at least -4 from Harry Reid.

Comment

Working...
                                X