X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz as a warning lesson to others: Don't buy a dog when you're drunk.

xfpu9s5e7x5m.jpg
      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            It took me a few seconds.

Comment

• She a without question the dumbest VP in the history of the USA.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                She a without question the dumbest VP in the history of the USA.
                Andrew Johnson on line 1

Dan Quayle on line 2

Harris is like alot of DAs and pols very good when prepared but not good at thinking on their feet. Harris might have the least political talent VP in a long time.

She owes her ascension to Rep Clyburn. Hell she could not even make it to Iowa.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I don’t know how smart she is. She is, based on what I’ve seen, entirely incompetent as a politician. I mean awful.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You know it's bad when Vox...VOX...of all places is running articles on how much The Chairman contributed to inflation and concluding, well, at least a fair amount and maybe a lot. https://www.vox.com/23036340/biden-a...plan-inflation

The principle analysis piece is comparing the US to other countries (Europe, in particular) in terms of inflation and then trying to explain the significant difference (3-4%).

Comment

• There is zero defense the D's and the left can offer of Biden being portrayed as THE person most to blame for high inflation in the US compared to other countries.

Concern about inflation and the declining standards of living for average Americans has to be the number 1 voter concern.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I don’t know how smart she is. She is, based on what I’ve seen, entirely incompetent as a politician. I mean awful.
                        Pretty much. She is awful. I expect that when she runs again that anyone that dares not fall in line behind her the establishment Dems will call them a woman hating racist.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Not much has changed for the Russian Army on the ground in Ukraine and that is noteworthy in itself. There was a report yesterday in the Guardian that "milbloggers" who are normally supportive of Russia and cheered them on during the early going have become critical of both the Army's demonstrated incompetence and, though indirectly for fear of reprisal, the Kremlin's strategic objectives. This is a big deal if it morphs into a larger and more impactful social media presence influencing the perceptions of the war among previously supportive Russian citizens living abroad and in the country.

Of course, it is recent news that Finland, and probably Sweden, will apply for NATO membership and likely gain it quickly. This is going to triple the extent of Russia's boarder with NATO countries. While you'd expect Putin to saber rattle over this news, and he did when it first hit the media, his response has been muted. Today, he stated that Finland and Sweden joining NATO is not a threat to Russia but moving "NATO infrastructure" into either of those countries would pose a threat and Russia will respond accordingly.

This marks the 2nd time aggressive positions emanating from the Kremlin have been walked back, the first nuclear threats and then this one, have occurred. After Putin remarked, early on in Russia's invasion of Ukraine, that escalation to a nuclear conflict was possible if anyone tried to interfere, Lavarov subsequently walked that back. Now Putin has walked back the ominous threats he made when he said, in his usual ambiguous remarks, that "it would be a mistake for Finland to join NATO."

Putin's bellicosity appears to be receding commensurate with his military's lack of successes in Ukraine - first his Army's defeat in taking Kiev, now Kharkiv, the Army's difficulty in advancing given much smaller territorial and political objectives in the Donbas and high profile military losses - Moskva and a Ukrainian victory involving the destruction of a Russian BTG trying to bridge the Donets River. TBC, the loss of the Moskva was more symbolic than contributing to decreased Russian military capabilities but the destruction of an estimated 485 soldiers killed and 40 armor units trying make a river crossing does contribute. Estimates suggest Russia has lost 1/3 of the forces it deployed on February 25th and suffered 27,000 personnel casualties. Add to this an apparently depleted capacity to rearm, supply and replace soldiers from within Russia to continue Putin's war and his options are decreasing.

Ross Douthat wrote a NYT's opinion piece where he describes two possible outcomes for the US in Ukraine, neither of them good. In the first, Russia and Ukraine trade territory in small increments, and the war gradually cools into a “frozen conflict” in a style familiar from other wars in Russia’s near abroad. The second, the current stalemate breaks in Ukraine’s favor. This is the future that the Ukrainian military claims is within reach — where with sufficient military aid and hardware they are able to turn their modest counteroffensives into major ones and push the Russians back not just to prewar lines but potentially out of Ukrainian territory entirely. Unfortunately, Douthat goes on to warn this kind of outcome increases the risk of a nuclear conflict.

I don't agree with that position. First, the longer the conflict goes on where Putin's military is taking hits and he does not deploy either chemical or nuclear weapons, the less likely he is to actually do that. His mouthpieces have actually said Russia will not deploy those kinds of weapons unless it's existence is threatened. Second, Putin has effectively used the nuclear threat to cow the west into allowing his aggression. That gig should be gradually tested and finally dismissed (IMO).

Ukraine actually pushing the Russians back to their legally established pre-2014 boarders appear to be a potentially achievable outcome. If and that situation appears to be happening - even if only gradually - the more likely it is for Putin to sue for a peace deal from a tactically unfavorable position. The west should be pursuing that strategic goal.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Somewhat new news on the COVID front. Researchers are having success in developing a vaccine that is introduced nasally by a spray (think Flumist). Apparently reports are merging that this stuff works and potentially better than COVID vaccines injected into muscle.

The concept is that it produces an immune response in the nasal tissues that stop the invading SARS2 virus (and it's mutations) from taking hold in the rest of the reparatory tract. IOW, not only does it reduce serious COVID complications and death but it also prevents infection. Something that mRNA vaccines lose the capacity to do over time (about 9 months).

The current thinking is that the administration of the nasal spray at some interval TBD has the potential of accelerating the already developing infectiousness plateau. This would be akin to eradicating measles and polio with vaccines fully administered to a given population. There's also evidence that such a nasally administered vaccine would prevent disease from other coronaviruses that are present now or may emerge like the common cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Pretty much. She is awful. I expect that when she runs again that anyone that dares not fall in line behind her the establishment Dems will call them a woman hating racist.
                              Something like that. It'll be interesting to see how much her generally unwarranted ascension changes primary dynamics. As you noted, she couldn't even get within FIVE months of IOWA last go-around. And the more I see and hear of her, the more I'm convinced that the D voters saw exactly the same thing we all see now -- a spectacularly bad politician.

We certainly disagree...A LOT...but I try to watch/read/listen to some "Prog" folks -- more in line with Bernie for sure -- and they express similar dissatisfaction. Personally -- and I haven't a clue if you agree or not -- but personally, I thought original Bernie -- Core Bernie -- the genuinely authentic populist/working class candidate was the course the Ds need to take for electoral success. I mean, I'm way against most of his stuff, but ya gotta recognize it has purchase with voters. Fortunately, the Ds are sidetracked off in social justice trumps all neverland.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Something like that. It'll be interesting to see how much her generally unwarranted ascension changes primary dynamics. As you noted, she couldn't even get within FIVE months of IOWA last go-around. And the more I see and hear of her, the more I'm convinced that the D voters saw exactly the same thing we all see now -- a spectacularly bad politician.
                                I've had that thought about the Chairman, too. In the early primary states, small states like NH, Iowa, and Nevada, Biden was exposed to rank and file Ds and the primary voters rejected him. I believe that the folks in a small venue like what happens in NH saw decrepitude. Then SC happened and they put Biden into hiding.

Comment

Working...
                                X