Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Starting to think The Chairman cannot count on Wiznard's vote for reelection
    I can be bought. Just turn inflation around, secure the border and stop crapping your drawers and I'll consider the Chairman.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      The problem The Chairman faces with The Wizard is that the standard work camp exile playbook of the Soviets only works if it's a disincentive. The dude is quartered in the middle of fucking Nebraska slaving over a fryer 12 hours a day. What he wouldn't give to dig ditches in some South Dakota gulag.
      Correctamundo...in Arthur Fonzarella's words...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I used to think it was probably good for the country to experience the effects of The Party's economic incoherence so that we could learn that lesson for a least a few years. But, man, I don't know. I didn't think The Party would be this bad.
        This. When Joe won, I was hoping that there would be more Manchin's among the D's, rather than more Jayapal's, Tliab's, and AOC's. But the D's seem to be stumbling about because they have no real leadership. Chuck Shumer is scared to death of The Squad. Nancy doesn't know what day it is. We don't have a strong VP who can go to Capitol Hill and negotiate with moderates of both parties behind the scenes. She's too busy practicing her cackle. The D's are like a ship trying to ride out a perfect storm, with a "Captain" who thinks he's a train engineer.

Gasoline at the pump was $1.70 on Inauguration Day around here. Yesterday, it was $4.59. This is 100% on Joe.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I can be bought. Just turn inflation around, secure the border and stop crapping your drawers and I'll consider the Chairman.
          Dang, you're expecting a lot.

and .. its Fonzarelli with an "i" at the end.

Comment

• Speaking of the Squad, they are hard at work for their constituents.

Squad’ members introduce resolution calling Israel’s founding ‘catastrophe’

The resolution, authored by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), the daughter of Palestinian immigrants, was submitted nearly two weeks after Israel celebrated its independence day.

“On this day, we must promote human rights & justice. The Palestinian people since the 48 Nakba have been living under oppression and violent racism. Silence + blank checks enables more death and violence,” Tlaib tweeted Monday.

“The Nakba is well-documented and continues to play out today. We must acknowledge that the humanity of Palestinians is being denied when folks refuse to acknowledge the war crimes and human rights violations in apartheid Israel.”

And this is the party that wins the Jewish vote?

Comment

I think about 60 million or so are getting exactly what they wanted. I think about 20 million or so just didn't want DJT. It was a Zimbabwean election choice for a lot of us.

I used to think it was probably good for the country to experience the effects of The Party's economic incoherence so that we could learn that lesson for a least a few years. But, man, I don't know. I didn't think The Party would be this bad.

The best thing DJT and the Rs had going was that they were almost all bluster. The horrifying thing about The Party is that they aren't bluster--they're actually trying to do shit that is, IMO, awful and the only firewall we have is Manchin-Sinema. That's it. I mean, FFS, if they had passed the $3T "build back better" stuff....JFC....
              20 million is way too low. The full court press (no pun intended, but accurate) that was in place for 4 years about the evils of the Orange beast probably impacted double that number- and it still hasn't completely worn off. I mean, Brandon's approval still polls at greater than a third. How could any sane American think that this guy can do ANYTHING right? Heck, Geezer (IIRC) asked for one single accomplishment of this administration MONTHS ago, and when you take away the obsession with Trump (still being a con-man) and the "Insurrection", we've got NOTHING.

I guess you really need to see how bad things CAN be to truly appreciate, or at least understand, what you've really got. The scary thing is that it doesn't seem like the Progs get it and they're still fine with pushing this country right off of the cliff.

Comment

The problem The Chairman faces with The Wizard is that the standard work camp exile playbook of the Soviets only works if it's a disincentive. The dude is quartered in the middle of fucking Nebraska slaving over a fryer 12 hours a day. What he wouldn't give to dig ditches in some South Dakota gulag.
                The man had high hopes to manage a TGI Friday's one day. Instead he heats up baked beans and Gorton's fish sticks for his fellow inmates, a menagerie of carnies, truckers, and toothless old cow hands. Bitterness comes easy in such circumstances.

Comment

• No self respectin' Nebraskin fries up Gorton fish sticks...it's Birdseye all the way...

Dumbass.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I laugh out loud when idiots like Tliab speak. She talks about 'apartheid Israel", which is absolutely in her own demented mind and not a reality. "Apartheid" Israel allows Arabs to live and work in Israel. There are Arabs in the Knesset. There are Arabs serving as judges. All within "apartheid Israel".

And, .. she supports the creation of an APARTHEID PALESTINE where Jews are NOT allowed to live. If you want to know what a 'palestine' will look like, look no further than Gaza, which is nothing BUT a base for terror organizations.

... and creating Israel was a 'catastrophe'. I have no idea why sane people would ever vote for her.
                    Last edited by lineygoblue; May 19, 2022, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Speaking of the Squad, they are hard at work for their constituents.

The resolution, authored by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), the daughter of Palestinian immigrants, was submitted nearly two weeks after Israel celebrated its independence day.

“On this day, we must promote human rights & justice. The Palestinian people since the 48 Nakba have been living under oppression and violent racism. Silence + blank checks enables more death and violence,” Tlaib tweeted Monday.

“The Nakba is well-documented and continues to play out today. We must acknowledge that the humanity of Palestinians is being denied when folks refuse to acknowledge the war crimes and human rights violations in apartheid Israel.”

Thanks to redistricting, the NW corner of Wayne County where I live, will be part of Tlaib's district. Unless the R's nominate a complete muppet (not out of the question), there's no way in hell that this will be to her advantage. Let her keep playing these stupid games right up to November.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Speaking of the Squad, they are hard at work for their constituents.

The Democrats win the American Jewish vote for a number of reasons. A few off the top of my head.

1) American Jews traditionally live in big cities, not rural America, and adopted the politics of big cities.

2) Jews faced centuries of persecution in Europe and in order to prosper and survive had to adopt more communal customs and help each other out a lot. So they tend to be much in favor of social welfare. It also created a culture of feeling sympathy for the little guys of society and outrage over injustices that are similar to what they themselves faced in Europe.

3) The large majority of American Jews feel sympathy for Israel but America is their country and homeland. Not Israel. You cannot buy their vote by throwing money at Israel and many will even get insulted if you act like they are some type of temporary immigrant that's "naturally" going to retire to Israel one day.

4) Republicans traditionally were the party of country club WASP type people who discriminated against Jews up until the 1970's or so. Granted, this element is fading with time.

Comment

• 1) American Jews traditionally live in big cities, not rural America, and adopted the politics of big cities.
                          I find it difficult to believe that American Jews vote for people like "The Squad", Jayapal, Max Waters, et al., just because of where they live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

I guess you really need to see how bad things CAN be to truly appreciate, or at least understand, what you've really got. The scary thing is that it doesn't seem like the Progs get it and they're still fine with pushing this country right off of the cliff.
                            I believe the progs are informed by Lenin who said "The worse the better", as Russia approached the October Revolution. I'm to the point where I believe the Progs actually want chaos. Certainly, they want chaos in the economic sphere. And what sane American would support a Ministry of Disinformation? Or an open border. Or surrender in Afghanistan? Or releasing criminals without bail. Or teaching our kids CRT. Or adopting the trans agenda.

I'm not inclined to give much grace to those who voted against Trump and did not look at the entire situation in 2020. Everyone dislikes Trump. The question was who would run the country better, Trump or Biden; R or D. That was not a close call, IMO. Now folks complain about how bad things are, but they had a chance to not live in this tragedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I find it difficult to believe that American Jews vote for people like "The Squad", Jayapal, Max Waters, et al., just because of where they live.
                              I don't know how much American Jews are voting for any of those specific people, period, but it's undeniable that most of them live in or near big cities and are culturally much closer to Urban America than Rural America. There's roughly 7.5M practicing Jews in America and close to 2 million of them live in the New York City metro area. Another 2 million live in either California or Florida.

I believe one reason Jewish immigrants tended to stay in the big east coast cities rather than go farm in the Midwest like many other immigrants groups (besides discrimination) is because nearly all of them were clueless about being a farmer. For centuries in many European countries they were forbidden to own land. So they historically took up professions that were needed in towns & cities, not the countryside.

Anyways I mentioned other reasons why they traditionally vote Democrat as well

Comment

• An old article but additional perspective: "Why Jews Don't Farm"

An interesting insight is that unlike pre-Enlightenment Christianity, Judaism mandated literacy. To be a good Jew you had to be able to read the Torah yourself. That's the complete opposite of the medieval Cathodic Church, which discouraged peasants learning to read, because that might take power away from the Priesthood.

Literacy made Jews significantly more educated than the average European Christian for centuries, so they trended to take up higher skilled trades and professions.

Why Jews don't farm. (slate.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X