Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Not sure if you’re kidding, DSL. They absolutely hired gays. They never discriminated. They used some funds to support some Christian organizations that believed gay went against god and iirc (don’t quote me) tried the gay conversion scam.

As far as the Justices, once we have 37 justices and 19 are anti-gay, there will be some changes!
    Don't worry.... he said "if"....lol
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The point being is that it's the lord's work to fuck Chick-Fil-A in the ass, but a pox upon your house for going after the Rays or Disney or any other organization that isn't in line with The Party.

But this is such a sideshow. I mean -- it is, in fact, the power of DeSantis and why the Ds are terrified he'll get nominated in 2024. But, whatever...

...the biggest threat to the Ds chanes in 2024 is sitting in the fucking Oval Office and seems poised to ask the plumbers of America to pay for the education of the doctors of America. I'm almost to the point where I hope he just does it already. It's politically disastrous and, fortunately, brazenly unconstitutional. So, it's win-win -- it's yet another self-inflicted death blow to the The Party AND one that will never be enforced...
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stop incriminating our Commander In Chief with his own actions/words...

shameful
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Don't worry.... he said "if"....lol
          lol. DSL may be too partisan to reasonably discuss politics with.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "may be"?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And I wondered what happened to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. They used to be prominently featured on CFB broadcasts. “The FCA Player of the Game” and whatnot. So, anyway, those FCA guys’ beliefs got them cancelled, I suppose.

As a pro-gay rights atheist I have never been upset with the faithful believing in their various mythologies. I mean, c’mon, what do you want from the faithful? They have to believe the tome of the imaginary bearded sky dad (IBSD). They can’t say “IBSD said this is a sin but modern mores allow it. So, IBSD was wrong.”

Acting on those beliefs in public is a completely different thing, though. Stoning would be a issue. But belief? Come on. It’s like people who believe Jimbo Fisher was in the right. Let them believe whatever.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Rs should propose a constitutional amendment to set the number of SC Justices at nine. That would take this whole discussion of court-packing off the table if adopted. Or it would confirm the present open-ended approach to SC Justices. Most importantly, voters would have an impact.

Comment

• "Press one to spend 15 minutes navigating our computerized labyrinth of useless options or press two to be reluctantly connected to a human being."

Tired of speaking to a machine when you call the bank or power company? Spain’s government wants to end those nerve-shattering conversations with a computerized answering service by making it obligatory for companies to offer a customer service worker when so requested by a caller.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                      "Press one to spend 15 minutes navigating our computerized labyrinth of useless options or press two to be reluctantly connected to a human being."

https://apnews.com/article/technolog...b3ce03f85817f9
                      I think that I have yet to use an automated system with some form of success. 99% of the time that I am calling customer service, I have some sort of unique or peculiar issue that requires a human to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I think that I have yet to use an automated system with some form of success. 99% of the time that I am calling customer service, I have some sort of unique or peculiar issue that requires a human to solve.
                        Exactly. If I am calling it is because I have exausted all of the other fucking options. Nobody wants to call customer service unless they absolutely have to
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• My former company farmed out customer service (all human, no computer path) and it lasted exactly one month. Our CEO got an angry letter concerning an unsolved problem speaking about our new "Sales Discouragement Team".

BTW, its been 917 days since osu has beaten UM in football.

Comment

• Russia threatens to strike "new targets" if the US sends M142 short range missile launchers. Tough shit Vlad. Strike "new targets" and we send lots more of the same. Your move.

Currently, we intend to send only 4 (four!) HIMARS to Ukraine. They must be incredibly effective to offer only 4 and they cost only $5.6M each. The longer range M270 cost $100M each. Show some freaking backbone Biden. Start with a dozen and give Putin his own red line for the M270. Show Putin his policy of rape, pillage, murder and destroy is not acceptable. And have the Frogs send the message back channel so Putin is not 'forced' to respond publicly.

Russia took aim at Western military supplies for Ukraine by launching airstrikes on Kyiv that it claimed destroyed tanks donated from abroad.

Comment

• For some reason, Putin seems to want a war with US involvement.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Death Wish?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X