No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. I'm starting to get abortion tourism ads on youtube. New York is advertising.

Comment

• Retail prices seldom go down much even after inflation moderates...commodities do because it's true market forces...but corporations and even mid sized businesses are usually quick to raise prices...but don't expect some huge retail prices drop even if oil prices tank...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yup. Except for some incredibly rare historical cases, prices never go backwards. At least not in 20th Century USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Heh. I'm starting to get abortion tourism ads on youtube. New York is advertising.
          I saw a story that some doctor is planning to do abortions on a boat in international waters in the Gulf of Mexico. No clue as to the legality of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            $3.96 here the last time I bought.
            You in Mexico?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Have you watched any CNBC this morning? Jim Cramer, for what little that's worth, is bringing the contrarian take and telling people to look at commodities.

He at least has a point. Today's number is backwards-looking and in the past month the prices of almost all commodities have been tanking. There's no guarantee that doesn't reverse but if there's going to be a turnaround, you'd expect to see it in commodities before wages/rents, which were the last thing to react on the way up and will be the last thing to react on the way down.
              Yes, I watched that. Like a few months ago, he is still preaching the party line . Cramer is often wrong but never in doubt. In 2008, he told his listeners that Bear Sterns was fine and they were being silly if they were moving their money out. But he is right that commodities more accurately reflect short-term market forces because it is a more-free market.

Long term, the best predictor is the stock market. Real investors, actual money, with earnings being the driver. I'll simply point out that if the Ds get their way and raise taxes on corporations, earnings will fall, and so will the market.

Comment

• Around me gas peaked at $5.15 and that was a month ago or maybe Memorial Day weekend. It's been dropping by maybe 10-15 cents a week ever since. I got it for $4.35 yesterday and that's the cheapest in a while.

Comment

• Cheapest gas around here is $4.56 at Wal Mart.

And Gretch will be re-elected in a landslide. Michigan voters are so foolish, its incredible. So will Nessie and their gal pal in the SOS.

I guess Michiganders haven't had enough yet.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well there is a long history of stupid people residing in Michigan...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      $3.96 here the last time I bought.
                      $3.97 here in South GA yesterday.

Gas prices have dropped for 29 straight days.

I took a trip to Northern Minnesota a month ago. Cost $835 for the 3000+ mile round trip, Most I paid for gas was $5.25 in Illinois. The least I paid was about $4.25 in GA

FWIW I paid more for gas($5.75) in Connecticut after Hurrican Ivan disrupted supply back in 2004.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

You in Mexico?
                        Alabama -as a state- has fairly low gas taxes, and the county and city I live in adds very little to it.

Checking GasBuddy.com, the price is down to $3.67 today.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Well there is a long history of stupid people residing in Michigan...
                            You said it.

Just this week the Detroit Free Press endorsed Rashida Tliab for re-election.

And she'll win.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney...you must feel like a Woke Progger at a MAGA rally...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liney...I've been asked to speak at the Nebraska Schools Activities Association Officials clinic here at the end of the month...the Director wants me to discuss what intangibles make for a good football official...and also want me to tell a funny story of an officiating experience...since I don't have any such stories as I was flawless...as you would imagine...I wondered if I could use your inadvertent whistle story...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X