No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't have a funny officiating story after all the years you worked, then you weren't paying attention.

But yeah, .. use my "FG block inadvertant whistle" story all you like. :-)

I still have nightmares about that call. That kid made the prettiest FG block you've ever seen, and he had the ball and nothing but cow pasture in front of him. Nobody was close. And then my whistle blew ...

I wish the field would have had a gopher hole large enough for me to crawl into.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      Liney...you must feel like a Woke Progger at a MAGA rally...
      I'm a voice crying in the wilderness, Wiz.

Tom W lives in Wayne County, but sane people like him are terribly outnumbered there. And that county usually decides all state wide elections.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wow, another dramatic twist. It turns out that story about the 10 year who had an abortion could be real after all. Columbus police just arrested a man who confessed to raping her

Columbus man charged in rape of 10-year-old that led to abortion (dispatch.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          If you don't have a funny officiating story after all the years you worked, then you weren't paying attention.

But yeah, .. use my "FG block inadvertant whistle" story all you like. :-)

I still have nightmares about that call. That kid made the prettiest FG block you've ever seen, and he had the ball and nothing but cow pasture in front of him. Nobody was close. And then my whistle blew ...

I wish the field would have had a gopher hole large enough for me to crawl into.
          Oh I have stories...but I don't want to throw anybody under the bus that might be attending. In my early years when I was Umpire our white hat was a crusty, aging old dolt that did the EXACT same thing in a game...even after I signaled to him "LIVE BALL LIVE BALL"...fucker blew it anyway. The offense obviously wanted to replay the down and the subsequent FG was right down the middle...10 point swing...final score 17-14.

You must have really felt like shit. I mean that is a real boneheaded act...no offense...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Imagine today's soldiers storming the beaches at Normandy 🤣

Bonus -- she is in clear violation of regulations against active military publicly opining on politics in this manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Wow, another dramatic twist. It turns out that story about the 10 year who had an abortion could be real after all. Columbus police just arrested a man who confessed to raping her

Columbus man charged in rape of 10-year-old that led to abortion (dispatch.com)
              10 year olds can get pregnant?

Why was this not investigated/prosecuted immediately? I thought Ohio had a rape and incest clause anyway..

Just more fear mongering from the left...the mass majority of abortions are convenience based...very very few are rape and incest...and this situation is what....000001% of abortions with a 10 year old involved? Let's talk reality here. First off IF this in fact happened the girl would have had the choice given the rape...secondly...why are we not focusing on the piece of shit that committed this alleged action? Noooo...lets scare people!! Yeah! Fear sells!
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Imagine today's soldiers storming the beaches at Normandy 🤣

Then quit you piece of shit.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Why was this not investigated/prosecuted immediately? I thought Ohio had a rape and incest clause anyway..

Just more fear mongering from the left...the mass majority of abortions are convenience based...very very few are rape and incest...and this situation is what....000001% of abortions with a 10 year old involved? Let's talk reality here. First off IF this in fact happened the girl would have had the choice given the rape...secondly...why are we not focusing on the piece of shit that committed this alleged action? Noooo...lets scare people!! Yeah! Fear sells!
                  My understanding of Ohio's "Heartbeat Law" is that there would be no exceptions. Also -- they probably wanted to protect the 10 year old's identity, which will at least be known to her immediate family and friends. Going public with the incident forced somebody's hand.

Edit -- rape and incest should be exceptions to abortion prohibitions, but there should be accompanying police reports for the incident, with jail time for people who lie about it.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; July 13, 2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

We've been over this before but I'll repeat. The current Ohio law that just went into effect allows abortion only up to the end of week 6. After that there are NO exceptions for rape, incest, or if the mother is a minor. The only exceptions are:. 1) The mother will literally die if she tries to give birth. 2) The mother is likely to be permanently disabled or suffer irreversible organ damage if she gives birth 3) The fetus is stillborn or has zero chance of survival.

As AA said and I will keep saying, 6 weeks is NOT enough time. In the case of a minor like this, the parents may not even believe than someone that young, even if raped, could get pregnant. You obviously didn't know it could happen.

Comment

• Poop has DNA, yes? I'm guessing that if you look at the database to find the perpetrators you'll get 25 OSU fans.

25 Ohio Republican State Senators Were Sent Poop in the Mail: 'Just Another Crappy Day'

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

We've been over this before but I'll repeat. The current Ohio law that just went into effect allows abortion only up to the end of week 6. After that there are NO exceptions for rape, incest, or if the mother is a minor. The only exceptions are:. 1) The mother will literally die if she tries to give birth. 2) The mother is likely to be permanently disabled or suffer irreversible organ damage if she gives birth 3) The fetus is stillborn or has zero chance of survival.

As AA said and I will keep saying, 6 weeks is NOT enough time. In the case of a minor like this, the parents may not even believe than someone that young, even if raped, could get pregnant. You obviously didn't know it could happen.
                        Yes well now it is up to the states to figure it out...as it should be.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is a US Navy video on the importance of using proper pronouns.

I shit you not.

The goal is to create a "safe space".

A safe space.

In the military. Let that sink in for a minute.

I would say that the world has gone insane, but this still isn't the whole world. A small minority of foaming-at-the-mouth Leftist kooks that belongs in straitjackets has taken over our society.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; July 13, 2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Why does this bother you?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Why does this bother you?
                              What makes you think that it bothers me? I'm fine with our major institutions being controlled kooks who destroy those institutions by spreading their mental illness throughout. It warms my heart.

Here's a totally unrelated article about how recruitment has fallen off so severely that the Army is now dropping the requirement for a high school diploma. Recruitment is currently at about 40% of the goal.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ng-crisis.html

Comment

• CNBC's Annual Top States For Business Rankings

1. North Carolina
                                2. Washington
                                3. Virginia
                                4. Colorado
                                5. Texas
                                6. Tennessee
                                7. Nebraska
                                8. Utah
                                9. Minnesota
                                10. Georgia

Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa were all ranked between 10-20

America's Top States for Business 2022: The full rankings (cnbc.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X