3. Virginia
      4. Colorado
      5. Texas
      6. Tennessee
      7. Nebraska
      8. Utah
      9. Minnesota
      10. Georgia

Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa were all ranked between 10-20

America's Top States for Business 2022: The full rankings (cnbc.com)
      Suprised Nebraska made the list...state taxes are high here...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        CNBC's Annual Top States For Business Rankings

1. North Carolina
        2. Washington
        3. Virginia
        4. Colorado
        5. Texas
        6. Tennessee
        7. Nebraska
        8. Utah
        9. Minnesota
        10. Georgia

Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa were all ranked between 10-20

America's Top States for Business 2022: The full rankings (cnbc.com)
        I'm kinda surprised that Ohio is not Top 10. And I don't know how Minnesota made it. Or Washington. Their environmental regulations are only slightly worse than California's.

Edit: They scored higher on "life, health, and inclusion", which has a higher weight than "business friendliness" 🙄
        Last edited by Hannibal; July 13, 2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Wow, another dramatic twist. It turns out that story about the 10 year who had an abortion could be real after all. Columbus police just arrested a man who confessed to raping her

Columbus man charged in rape of 10-year-old that led to abortion (dispatch.com)
          NOW we have a credible story.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Don't want to shower with men if you are a woman?

Tough shit, bigot. This is not your father's Army. This is the new People's Revolutionary Army.

MilTransReg.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I'm kinda surprised that Ohio is not Top 10. And I don't know how Minnesota made it. Or Washington. Their environmental regulations are only slightly worse than California's.

Edit: They scored higher on "life, health, and inclusion", which has a higher weight than "business friendliness" 🙄
              I might debate the important of the "inclusion" portion of that section, but lifestyle considerations are absolutely important in how successful you might be in recruiting good workers

If bending over backwards to give business anything they want (no taxes for 100 years! no regulation! all the free land you want!) then Mississippi and West Virginia would dominate these lists annually. They're always near the bottom because no one wants to live where the schools are shit and the hospitals are shit

Comment

• MS and WV do suffer from poor infrastructure and education (i.e. workforce) -- I won't discount the importance of those.

If I were going to start a business, I would do it in the Midwest or Upper Midwest, unless it was resource/location dependent. Ohio is doing really well now.

Comment

I might debate the important of the "inclusion" portion of that section, but lifestyle considerations are absolutely important in how successful you might be in recruiting good workers

If bending over backwards to give business anything they want (no taxes for 100 years! no regulation! all the free land you want!) then Mississippi and West Virginia would dominate these lists annually. They're always near the bottom because no one wants to live where the schools are shit and the hospitals are shit
                  If you look at the state-by-state, "education" is a separate category (as is Workforce). So, Education is neither "life, health, inclusion" nor is it "Workforce".

Ohio gets an "F" in "Business Friendliness" and your examples of Mississippi and WV are dead last in "business friendliness".

However, at the end of the day, the best way to figure out "best state for business" is see where businesses are and, probably most accurately, where they relocate to and from.

Comment

• And one thing I will say about Ohio and I'm sure it helps us on these type of rankings: all three of the big cities have very very highly regarded hospitals or hospital systems. Cincinnati and Columbus have two of the top 10 children's hospitals in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Ohio gets an "F" in "Business Friendliness"
                      I saw that number. I don't know where they get that from. Ohio strikes me as being very business friendly. In my ;work I have come across at least a few folks who want to do business specifically in Ohio because of the business-friendly regime in Columbus. Although I work in the energy business, so maybe I have a skewed view.

Comment

• Life, Health & Inclusion (325 points – 13%)

Combine an era of enhanced social consciousness with a growing worker shortage, and it explains why, now more than ever, companies are demanding that states offer a welcoming and inclusive environment for employees. We rate the states on livability factors like per capita crime rates and environmental quality. We look at inclusiveness in state laws, including protections against discrimination of all kinds, as well as voting rights. While the pandemic may be past the crisis stage, health care quality, outcomes, preparedness and public health spending remain in the spotlight. All are key drivers in this category.

Comment

• Business Friendliness (200 points – 8%)

Companies follow the path of least resistance. That includes a legal and regulatory framework that does not overburden business. We measure each state’s lawsuit and liability climates, regulatory regimes covering areas such as trade and labor, as well as overall bureaucracy. We also consider how hospitable states are toward emerging industries including cryptocurrency and cannabis.

Comment

• Granted, a lot of that reads more like "are you going to be able to attract high-skilled workers to this state"? If you're opening a meat-packing facility, and are fine hiring high school dropouts, illegals, and drug offenders, very little of that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

10 year olds can get pregnant?

Why was this not investigated/prosecuted immediately? I thought Ohio had a rape and incest clause anyway..

Just more fear mongering from the left...the mass majority of abortions are convenience based...very very few are rape and incest...and this situation is what....000001% of abortions with a 10 year old involved? Let's talk reality here. First off IF this in fact happened the girl would have had the choice given the rape...secondly...why are we not focusing on the piece of shit that committed this alleged action? Noooo...lets scare people!! Yeah! Fear sells!
                              This shows just how twisted the 'pro choice' crowd is right now. They're more focused on the child "having a constitutional right to get an abortion" rather than castrating the guy who did it to her. And yes, I believe a child that young should be able to obtain a medical procedure by a real OB/GYN surgeon in a hospital under anesthesia to remove whatever stage the zygote/fetus is in. I'd not want to put a 10-11 year old child thru a full term labor/delivery. I'm not sure she could physically do so. She'd likely need a c-section. No 10-year old should be subjected to that.

And yes. The punishment for any man that impregnates a child should be castration. Complete and total removal of penis and testicles. I don't think that's cruel and unusual punishment. If he used his man parts to impregnate a child, he loses his right to ever use them again. Attach a plastic tube to his bladder to pee thru and send him back to his cell.
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; July 13, 2022, 02:28 PM.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• We're beyond talk of federal constitutional rights at this point. That debate is effectively dead for good.

The debate has moved on to whether nearly all abortion should be illegal, should be restricted, or "anything goes". I can go either way on second or third trimester abortion but I firmly believe it should be legal for most of the first trimester, no excuses needed. Lots of people do.

I think a law that forces rape victims, of any age, to carry to full term their rapist's child is unfair and unjust. That's what new laws in Oklahoma and a few other places do. In Ohio you'd better decide fast because after 6 weeks you're out of luck. I will speak out against those laws. If that makes me "twisted", fine.
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 13, 2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X