Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I was not aware that Joe Rogan and Trump are on the outs. Rogan calls him a "threat to democracy" and a drugged-out man-baby.

Joe Rogan calls Donald Trump a 'man baby' in latest dig (nypost.com)
    Has anyone seen this anywhere other than FOX? This was an armed citizen under Indiana's constitutional carry.

Comment

• House vote to codify gay marriage was passed 267-157. Will be interesting to see if it can pass the Senate, if it ever gets put up for a vote.

47 Republicans voted to support it despite Jim Jordan and other House leadership generally speaking against it. Saw a number of people point this out: all Republicans from Utah voted for it. Interesting. Is the Mormon Church officially ok with gay marriage? I honestly don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Has anyone seen this anywhere other than FOX? This was an armed citizen under Indiana's constitutional carry.
        I don’t watch TV news but it’s been all over my print news sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          House vote to codify gay marriage was passed 267-157. Will be interesting to see if it can pass the Senate, if it ever gets put up for a vote.

47 Republicans voted to support it despite Jim Jordan and other House leadership generally speaking against it. Saw a number of people point this out: all Republicans from Utah voted for it. Interesting. Is the Mormon Church officially ok with gay marriage? I honestly don't know.
          I’m for it too, but doesn’t Utah only have 1 or 2 reps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I’m for it too, but doesn’t Utah only have 1 or 2 reps?
            They have four. The district Salt Lake City is in was briefly rep’d by a Dem but it’s back to all Republicans again

Comment

• Lucifer kill me now...but I'm forced to defend HARBAUGH!!!!...so HARBAUGH!!!!! is Pro-Life...and is getting CRUCIFIED for it...now nevermind my stance on abortion...as a Libertarian I actually think the government should stay the fuck out of it...whilst I'm against abortion from a moral standpoint...yes...attack if you will...don't care...but every American...even HARBAUGH!!!!! has a right to their opinion...but not according to the Progs and the Left...no no no no no.....keep your yapper shut Jimmy...all you did for the Wokesters regarding Kaepernick and BLM....POOF!

Welcome to Woke Central HARBAUGH!!!!!
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I imagine that the wokesters in Ann Arbor are already planning protests against Harbaugh, and 'student advocacy groups' will call for his termination.

I'd be curious to know where all Big Ten head coaches stand on this. I suspect that there are a few more pro-lifers among them. But they are probably better off not saying anything.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• IMO, you get what you deserve if you wade into a political issue. Most B10 coaches should have enough commonsense to appreciate that nobody gives a flying fuck what they think on a given political issue. What people and fans want to know is whether or not that coach has a plan to fix a disastrously and humiliatingly bad defense.

LBJ speaks out of his ass all the time and rightly gets railed by the right. Now, of course, the Media on the right is considerably smaller than the Institutional/Legacy/Democract Media, but still.

That said, at least HARBAUGH!!! is most likely speaking from a point of personal conviction as opposed to woeful ignorance.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well that's consistent at least. Most of the conservative caucus follows the following rules:

Celebrity/sports figure says something woke/liberal? Shut up and dribble. Shut the fuck up, Alec Baldwin, you piece of shit.

Celebrity/sports figure says something conservative/Trumpy? You brave man, please tell us more. Stephen Baldwin is right!!

Comment

• I think it's most of the human caucus -- say something we agree with -- YES! ; say something we disagree with -- NO!

The problem for conservatives in the US, at least, is that they are vastly outnumbered in the institutions with the largest megaphones so it leads to a perceived imbalance. When, as stated earlier, as re-stated by you, and re-stated again, the right follows the same general human caucus approach.
                      Last edited by iam416; July 20, 2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• FWIW, Harbaugh and his wife were speaking at a pro-life event in Plymouth on Sunday when he made the remarks that hit the papers. It's not like he just started pontificating on abortion at Big Ten media days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          FWIW, Harbaugh and his wife were speaking at a pro-life event in Plymouth on Sunday when he made the remarks that hit the papers. It's not like he just started pontificating on abortion at Big Ten media days.
                          I can’t speak for Michigan fans, but I would prefer that Saban just stay away from rallies unless it benefits the team in some way. Hot button topics are a distraction from coming up with answers for our porous defense and replacing the laundry list of offensive players we lost.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I can’t speak for Michigan fans, but I would prefer that Saban just stay away from rallies unless it benefits the team in some way. Hot button topics are a distraction from coming up with answers for our porous defense and replacing the laundry list of offensive players we lost.
                            Yes. Shut up and dribble.

Personally, I'd rather have a coach with a moral compass.

Comment

• Pretty much. Distractions from THE TEAM, THE TEAM, THE TEAM won’t come up with a gameplan to keep Texas from skull dragging us in Austin in 6 weeks.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I can speak for Ohio State fans, and there's not enough hours in the day for CRD to fix his god-awful basketball on grass bullshit. We'd all prefer that he spend all his hours focused on fielding a defense that can hold teams under 56 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X