No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biden laptop is about the $1M in speaking/consultant fees he took without reporting. Caught, had to borrow $ to pay the back taxes, penalties and interest. Low level grifting same as the Trump children, playing off of Daddy's name. A big yawn beyond glad the grifting was caught. All the rest is conspiracy theory for the Q crowd and Trump cult.

Biden won't run for re-election, won't say it until primary season of 2024. It will have nothing to do with Hunter. Harris would be blasted so badly in the primaries I doubt she'll even toss her hat in the ring. She was blown out by the time Iowa was in play in 2020 and there certainly has been no improvement as a politician since then. You will see fresh blood on the D ticket in 2024 and hopefully not the radical faction. It will be a clown car primary for them like it was for the GOP in 2016. No one knows who will emerge this early in the game. The GOP primary will be far more entertaining. It will loonies (Trumpsters) vs fools (DeSantisers) vs everyone else. It will the 2nd and 3rd vote gathering of the also rans delegate votes that will determine who gets the nomination. If 3rd place behind T and D makes it close in the first vote, then there's hope for a rational and winning candidate. (Provided some shithead like Cruz doesn't come out of nowhere.)

I agree we'll see all sorts of revenge "investigations" will come flying out when the GOP wins in November. It will only reinforce the fact that Trump Cult party has flushed the GOP and that Almighty God Trump is more important than country and Constitution. I see that a President elected in 2024 without the name of Biden, Harris, Trump or DeSantis in perhaps the only hope for America.
    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Funny stuff...thanks for the laugh...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

So, in Michigan, any Republican that wants to challenge election results is SOL. There are two Democrat senators. Once again, The Party looks after its own.
        I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about but the bills being proposed in Congress (that 8 Republican Senators have already agreed to) involve the electoral count for President.

Currently under federal law if someone wants to challenge the electoral votes of Michigan all it takes is one Representative and one Senator from anywhere in the country to object and the entire body of Congress is forced to spend hours debating and then voting specifically on whether to accept the Michigan vote or not. The new laws would change that to 20% of each house of Congress. I think that's a good thing.

If you're simply talking about being able to challenge the results in other races like for Senator or Governor then this has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Another issue the new laws would resolve is that if Congress ever disqualifies the electoral votes from a particular state (let's say, Pennsylvania) then the total number necessary to win a majority also drops.

Right now you need 270 out of 538 votes to win. Let's say Trump actually got the elctoral votes from 6 states all tossed. The total needed to win a majority would've stayed 270 and ultimately neither candidate would've had enough. At that point the election is decided by the House of Representatives, but with every state only counting for one vote no matter how big or how small.

Under the new laws, if PA's electoral votes get tossed, then the total needed to win shrinks as well. PA counts for 19 electoral votes, so the total number of electoral votes goes from 538 to 519. Only 260 votes would be a majority and would get you elected.

Comment

• Red wave is coming this November...smell the fear...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
              You'll sing a different tune when there's at least one Repub senator. I think the intention of the bill is very good given the antics of certain members of Congress.
              There's no danger of a R senator from Michigan as long as Stupidnow wants the job. She's a senator for life. Gary Peters is probably the most vulnerable, but if he wins his next election, he'll be in the same boat as Stupidnow. Senator for life. Michigan does not replace incumbent senators very often. Last one that lost was Spencer Abraham, and he lost to Stupidnow.
              Last edited by lineygoblue; July 20, 2022, 07:05 PM.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe once HARBAUGH!!!!! is done pillaging the B1G he can run for Senate...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Any worry at all about hunterbidens laptop?
                  Hunter Biden has nothing to worry about as long as:

Daddy Biden in Prez.

Dems control at least 1 branch of Congress

The Justice Department is headed by Merrick Garland.

He can snort coke and go whoring around all he wants until then.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hunter has nothing to worry about. Even if he does his best Gaetz imitation like all good "Christian" Republicans.

Comment

• Don't throw away you old Pyrex, put it out on ebay.

Capture.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                        T

I agree we'll see all sorts of revenge "investigations" will come flying out when the GOP wins in November. It will only reinforce the fact that Trump Cult party has flushed the GOP and that Almighty God Trump is more important than country and Constitution. I see that a President elected in 2024 without the name of Biden, Harris, Trump or DeSantis in perhaps the only hope for America.
                        How does DeSantis get to be part of this list?

You Dem hacks are already gaslighting about the guy who hopefully will be the R nominee because you care more about power than you care about the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Another issue the new laws would resolve is that if Congress ever disqualifies the electoral votes from a particular state (let's say, Pennsylvania) then the total number necessary to win a majority also drops.

Right now you need 270 out of 538 votes to win. Let's say Trump actually got the elctoral votes from 6 states all tossed. The total needed to win a majority would've stayed 270 and ultimately neither candidate would've had enough. At that point the election is decided by the House of Representatives, but with every state only counting for one vote no matter how big or how small.

Under the new laws, if PA's electoral votes get tossed, then the total needed to win shrinks as well. PA counts for 19 electoral votes, so the total number of electoral votes goes from 538 to 519. Only 260 votes would be a majority and would get you elected.
                          How do a state's electoral votes "get tossed"? What does that mean? It can't mean that PA doesn't get to have electoral votes counted (equal protection and all that)

Comment

• "You Dems"? Should I refer to you as "you Nazis"?

Comment

• DeSantis is a piece of shit.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I hope to god DeSantis can somehow beat DJT. He’ll be outstanding, nothwithstanding what our resident Progs think.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X