Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Making sure Trump is never President again is more important than winning the next election. I don’t like DeSantis but he’s vastly preferable to a vengeance-crazed, grotesquely unfit Trump.
    Plus, this isn't about future elections. It's about a crybaby summoning a mob to sack the capitol. When you lose an election, you concede and commit to a peaceful transer of power.

Comment

Making sure Trump is never President again is more important than winning the next election. I don’t like DeSantis but he’s vastly preferable to a vengeance-crazed, grotesquely unfit Trump.
      I don't think Trump can win again, but I think he'll be decisive in the '24 election.

I see a scenario where he may not get the Republican nomination, but he'll start a 3rd party candidacy, which will draw off enough R votes to usher in another D president. A lot like what Ross Perot did to Poppy Bush.

That could be Kamala's chance. Or even someone like Cory Booker. All they'd need is about 35% of the popular vote.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Zeldin and his people saying the guy who attacked him was an Iraq veteran who appeared to be very drunk (event happened outside a VFW)

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I don't think Trump can win again, but I think he'll be decisive in the '24 election.

I see a scenario where he may not get the Republican nomination, but he'll start a 3rd party candidacy, which will draw off enough R votes to usher in another D president. A lot like what Ross Perot did to Poppy Bush.

That could be Kamala's chance. Or even someone like Cory Booker. All they'd need is about 35% of the popular vote.

Kamala's chances are in large negative numbers. Booker and the hard left will never win in 2024 baring some unimaginable ground shift, and probably not even then.

All we can pray for is someone not named Biden, Harris, Trump or DeSantis on the ballot. Give us candidates who can restore faith in the system, end the division, and usher in an era of cooperation.

:: rolls over and has another dream ::

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• MAYOR PETE!! IFFEN HE CAN FIX POTHOLES IN SOUTH BEND...HE CAN FIX MURICA!!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The big takeaway from tonight’s hearing is that we desperately need to get Trump’s press shop back in action.

Comment

• Heh.

If the Chairman runs again, I think he'll win. Otherwise it'll be a real fight between younger Progs and younger "moderates" where the the former will win.

The Rs -- I give DeSantis a puncher's chance. He's been great as governor of Florida. But, you never know how a candidate will do in a national election. That said, DeSantis had to dig deep to beat Andrew Gillum in the 2018 blue wave year. Jon, DSL, CGVT and Froot still weep at their beloved Gillum's narrow loss. And, of course, DeSantis has been under attack from The Media forever. So, I think he can handle the national campaign.

DJT has a plurality that can carry him through any semi-crowded primary. However, if it's 1v1 (or basically 1v1) -- then there's a chance.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

It’s quite something that there are no photographs of Trump, no call logs, for that three hour period. Absolutely no one at the Pentagon, the National Guard, DHS, the DC police, or any law enforcement agency, has testified that they spoke to him that day. And today we learned that out of 3200 secret service agents just 24 had their texts from that day permanently deleted. By amazing coincidence those 24 include the head of Pence’s detail, the head of Trump’s detail, and the head of the Secret Service itself.
                  Right up there with 30,000 lost emails, smashed hard drives, conveniently lost laptops and just about anything having to do with the antics of Jeffrey Epstein...

Comment

• Biden's chances are Jimmy Carter v2.0.

I'm not concerned about the SS text messages. I kind of expected it. The protective units are a special breed, and have to be. To be effective there has to be ultimate trust between the agents assigned and the protected. Band of Brothers level. To literally trust your life to strangers and have strangers be willing to give their lives for your protection is special. To the point of we do anything for each other to keep this trust intact. Including tolerating "family" spats and keeping them out of public view. Yeah it looks like lawful instructions may have been disregarded, but given the SS decision not to take the First Douchebag to the Capitol, I think its all good.
                    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• James Earl Carter won the D nomination, albeit he faced a real challenge from Drunky Ted. And James Earl Carter had to face an extremely viable candidate in the general. If he got to run against Richard Millhouse Nixon then he probably would have won his 2nd term.

Comment

• Just one L in “Milhous” and no E at the end.

Nixon was really a liberal (for the times).
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• GFY and Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Just one L in “Milhous” and no E at the end.

Nixon was really a liberal (for the times).
                            Nixon would be called a liberal NOW, I don't think he was more liberal than the average man in 1968.

For the most part, except for Goldwater's surprising win in the 1964 race, the moderate wing of the Republican Party consistently beat the more hardcore conservative wing from the start of the New Deal until Reagan's election.

In the late 40's/early 50's the two biggest influencers on the Party were Thomas Dewey (moderate) and Robert Taft (conservative). And Nixon was a Dewey protoge.
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 22, 2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• In fact Dewey and Taft so disliked each other than when it was looking like Taft was going to win the 1952 nomination, Dewey is the one who reached out to Eisenhower and convinced him to run.

And it's probably a good thing Taft didn't win because he abruptly dropped dead in the summer of 1953. Had cancer that no one caught until it was way too late.

Comment

• Goldwater would have been considered a liberal now, or at least a RINO.

The only thing that caused him to be considered a 'conservative' was that he hinted that he'd use nukes to finish the Viet Nam war. That was music to Dems ears, and allowed them to use that against him in the campaign. LBJ won in a landslide, and continued to send18 year old kids to their deaths in a war he had no intention of trying to win.
                                Last edited by lineygoblue; July 22, 2022, 08:03 AM.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X