• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I'd also like to note that the DCCC spent a fair amount of money on Gibbs (for a August primary), so the DCCC appears to think he's a good candidate.
      Yes, they are playing with fire, like I said. Dems also spent a lot quietly promoting Mastriano in PA. It's going to bite them somewhere, I'm just not sure where.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        The opposition to Greitens btw wasn't that he's too "far right". It's that he's a colossal piece of shit that virtually every elected Republican back in Missouri hates. I mean Josh Hawley was instrumental in having him removed from office. And fwiw, Greitens was a registered Democrat until 2015 when he flipped parties to run for office.
        Pieces of shit can win elections too. They are a necessary evil. Being pieces of shit didn't stop Joe Biden and Bill Clinton from getting elected, not did it stop Hillary from winning the popular vote. I don't feel strongly about Greitens losing because the guy that won seems pretty solid. But if Greitens had somehow won the nomination, I have little doubt that he would have won the general.

Democrats clearly made the decision a long time ago that ethics don't matter. Republicans need to embrace the same strategy. Froot keeps on criticizing me for my stances on these concepts as if it hasn't been the Democrat approach to politics his entire lifetime. That is because like most Democrats, he lacks self-awareness, as well as an appreciation for how much the other side has been fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

I don't say this with any pleasure or glee. It's just reality. I wish that I could vote for the "better man", but that's not where we are. We don't have the luxury of prioritizing character when electing people who govern 300 million other people.
        Last edited by Hannibal; August 3, 2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Yes, they are playing with fire, like I said. Dems also spent a lot quietly promoting Mastriano in PA. It's going to bite them somewhere, I'm just not sure where.
          They've spent something like $40M on Republican primaries. All on January 6 candidates. All while holding the January 6 hearings.

In the Gibbs race -- $500,000 isn't a bunch -- but it was a 3-4 point race.

The game theory for a party that consistently holds up Liz Cheney for her integrity is astounding. Or appalling. Or grotesquely hypocritical.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hey it’s politics. Few people have strong character. But I think you can draw the line at candidates who are credibly accused of beating two wives, their toddler, and blackmailing their hair stylist into providing him oral sex. Who was previously forced from office by his own party. Especially when it’s not like there weren’t plenty of other decent candidates to choose from whose politics differed in no meaningful way.

Comment

• ...shit for a minute there I thought you were talking about a Browns QB...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                ...shit for a minute there I thought you were talking about a Browns QB...
                No one cares who the Browns QB is, it’s like being a Lincoln County Commissioner. Half the County govt is made up of sex offenders, what’s one more?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Whitler will romp. And she'll wear the blue dress when she accepts another term. Nobody cares about the hundreds of people who died from Covid due to her decisions. She's getting a mulligan for that one.
                  "Nobody" isn't quite accurate, although it can, and will be (with the help the DetFreepNews), argued that it, and the lockdowns, were unfortunate mistakes and Whitmer was only acting in what she thought was the best for the state in the face of uncertainty and incompetence at the federal executive branch level. It's not an argument that can be easily or convincingly shot down.

Yet, thanks to her policies, condescending attitude and uncanny resemblance to Caitlin Jenner, she's despised by at least a third (and probably more) of the voters in the state. All that a Republican needs to do is appeal to that ambivalent 40% core that's just interested in stuff like schools, roads and everything else that makes for safe & affordable living conditions for their families. But going on the ideas that "families" (including the preborn members) matter without some sort of resume that shows that you know how to do that doesn't count. That roadmap isn't just a Michigan thing- it's applicable just about anywhere in this country.

And yes, while Michigan's list of jokers is embarrassing, it's worth noting that EVERY idiot in D.C. keeps getting re-elected.

Comment

No one cares who the Browns QB is, it’s like being a Lincoln County Commissioner. Half the County govt is made up of sex offenders, what’s one more?
                    heh
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Geezer:

The Kansas Supreme Court held that the Kansas Constitution, through its life, liberty, etc provisions, included a right to abortions up to 22 weeks. Essentially, they read Roe into the State Constitution. The proposed amendment would have removed the right to an abortion completely. So the issue was framed as Roe-type rights vs. zero rights. I'm not surprised it went down.

I think both sides are going to have to acknowledge the the playing field they are on and what they can sustainably pass. So, in Kansas, the burden was the the pro-lifers to convince folks that their alternative to Roe was better. Zero weeks won't cut it. If they had proposed something on the order of 12-15, then I think it passes.

In Ohio, the pro-baby killers will have to come up with an alternative to the 6 weeks currerntly in place. If they stretch it too far they'll lose. If they sette on 15, I think they win easy.
                      Thank you.

I agree with what you say. If the choice was the status quo at 22 weeks or a complete ban on abortions, I too would stick with what I knew.

I believe the fringe believers in pro-life and those in pro-abortion will overreach. One of the reasons Roe was overturned was it had been interpreted to mean abortion on demand. I too think the general public will seek a compromise at 15-22 weeks. Dobbs being about a 15-week time period, I'd expect 15 weeks to be adopted in many states.

Comment

• I wasn't a fan of the the DCCC meddling. You need less Trumpy candidates not more.

I don't agree with probably much with Liz Cheney, but she is doing a great job on something that needs to be done. When you lose a race, you should concede and quit with the bullshit stolen election nonsense. If you fellas don't think a president gathering his supporters to march on the capitol to fight like hell then you may be too far gone with Trump. Those members were in real danger because of Trump and he refused to send in the national guard.

He lost, move on.

Comment

Finally, belated kudos to Pelosi. Once Xi told her not to go she had no choice. Despite The Chairman pleading with her not to go. I don't get to say it often, so I'll say it now -- job well done, Nancy.
                          Agreed.

But how about tracking down the leaker who made public the stop in Taiwan in the first place? None of this would have happened if Pelosi announced the meeting after she had left Taiwan.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

...then dragged the country through 4 years of Russiagate...
                            She didn't have really much to do with it at all. He fired Comey for investigating. Flynn was fired for lying to Sally Yates. Rod Rosenstein appointed Mueller . Comey, Rosenstein and Mueller are all longtime Republicans. It certainly wasn't Hillary Clinton. Whitewater was investigated for 8 years and you probably couldn't explain what the case was about.

Flynn shouldn't have lied, Trump shouldn't have fired Comey and he shouldn't been in bed with the Russians.

Comment

• Speaking of shenanigans in Arizona, Pinal county ran out of ballots early in the voting yesterday. It is the third largest of the 15 counties. Lake has a 9 point lead there. Kari Lake is claiming victory although I haven’t seen any media outlets doing the same.

Comment

• Is running out of ballots considered shenanigans? Was there something nefarious to this shortfall?

Comment

Working...
                                X