No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A list of malicious abuses of power or fuckups for which nobody was punished:
    • Ruby Ridge
    • Waco
    • Oklahoma City (not as well remember by most people, but the John Doe #2 who was seen in the truck with Timothy McVeigh was never found and his existence has more or less been memory-holed)
    • The intelligence failures leading up to 9-11
    • "Weapons of mass destruction"
    • The IRS targeting Tea Party groups
    • Hillary Clinton storing classified e-mails on an unsecured server and then wiping materials under subpoena
    • Benghazi
    • The Steele Dossier
    • The Russia collusion hoax
    • The Jeffrey Epstein "suicide"
    • All of Jeffrey Epstein's clients
    • The prosecution of Kyle Rittenhouse
    • The damning materials on the Hunter Biden laptop
    • The role of law enforcement in allowing the 2020 Summer of Love to spin completely out of control -- that includes Soros-backed Marxist prosecutors who have embraced full-on anarcho-tyranny
    That's a short list of the stuff that I could come up with in just a few minutes. I don't share anyone's faith that this must not fit into one of those categories because it is too high profile and it would be suicidal for Garland, Wray, Biden, etc to take that kind of risk. I disagree. History shows that there is no risk. The media will run interference and then memory-hole it, and the people who remember it will be ridiculed as angry nut cases while the cycle of gaslighting continues.
    Last edited by Hannibal; August 9, 2022, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• BLM riots? Covid debacle? CDC? Fauci?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When it comes to predicting outcomes at the hands of the progressive movement in the US - presently controlling the levers of government at the federal and some state levels - I just don't see the catastrophic, dark outcomes that many do. I don't deny there are troubling trends but such things tend to end up at other outcomes less dark and less catastrophic.
        Yeah, the US and, god bless it, checks and balances usually operate to prevent catastrophe. Even with the Progs ludicrously stupid HELICOPTER MONEY!!!! efforts, we're "merely" facing high inflation, not some sort of catastrophic downturn. And, of course, within our system the egregious shit -- the borderline catastrophic shit like Bernie's $30T spending plan -- is a DOA.

However, I have to ask -- are you still swallowing the NYT narrative to the effect that no less than our entire democracy is at stake in 2022/2024? I mean, talk about catastrophe.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Andrew McCarthy has a lengthy piece at NRO that info relating to Jan. 6 is the real target.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...Really%20About

There’s a game prosecutors play. Let’s say I suspect X committed an armed robbery, but I know X is dealing drugs. So, I write a search-warrant application laying out my overwhelming probable cause that X has been selling small amounts of cocaine from his apartment. I don’t say a word in the warrant about the robbery, but I don’t have to. If the court grants me the warrant for the comparatively minor crime of cocaine distribution, the agents are then authorized to search the whole apartment. If they find robbery tools, a mask, and a gun, the law allows them to seize those items. As long as agents are conducting a legitimate search, they are authorized to seize any obviously incriminating evidence they come across. Even though the warrant was ostensibly about drug offenses, the prosecutors can use the evidence seized to charge robbery.

I believe that principle is key to understanding the FBI’s search of former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Monday. The ostensible justification for the search of Trump’s compound is his potentially unlawful retention of government records and mishandling of classified information. The real reason is the Capitol riot.

If that's really the case with the MAL search, then it's another fishing expedition and it will blow in DOJ's face. Bigly.
          Yeah...I dunno. Why didn't they get a warrant to also search Trump Tower, Bedminster, etc. if the real reason is Jan 6th stuff? No reason to suspect MAL is where took any incriminating Jan 6th stuff (such that might exist) but they DID know that's where all the White House stuff got taken. Did they think there'd be a box in the basement marked "Burner Phones - Do NOT Throw Away"?

Comment

• Heh, when it rains it pours. Trump just lost his seemingly-endless fight with the House over his taxes. I believe that lawsuit started in 2019? Trump lost at the SC but it got remanded back down and this is the end of the road I believe.

Comment

• I wish your house would get raided...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• However, I have to ask -- are you still swallowing the NYT narrative to the effect that no less than our entire democracy is at stake in 2022/2024? I mean, talk about catastrophe.
                No, I find that too much of their reporting on key issues is biased towards a liberal, progressive view despite claims to the contrary. Their COVID coverage has become fairer after brimming with COVID catastrophe through the fall of 2021. That reporting still reeks of bad outcome journalism but they provide contrary POVs recognizing the end of times is a load of crap and links ..... you have to want to follow these and read them or just get sucked up in doomsdayism. You choose.

Their political reporting OTH is way too supportive of progressive, east coast elite thought and there are too few contrarian viewpoints in print. However, NRO does a good job of advancing countervailing conservative thinking. You have to be willing to look at it all and that takes a lot of time - which I have.

Their "Live" coverage of Ukraine over-focuses on emotionally charged hardship stories. I don't read it regularly. The ISW CRT Report is very balanced and cuts through a lot of the two sided propaganda identifying it as such. If I see an outcome involving the war in Ukraine on a continuum of everything will be fine on the left to nuclear armagedon on the right, right now, I'm shaded to the right. So, that's an area where I'm not particularly optimistic and see the potential for a bad outcome to be moderately high..... and that's not just involving Ukraine itself but rather the preservation of the ideals of liberal democracies that have been the guaranture of relative peace since the end of WWII.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For some reason, I went back to page 4500 of this fucking shithole (March 23, 2021). Some real gems.

In response to gas being $2.75

Good Lord. OPEC decreased production. There was less US production when people weren't driving, we lost refining capability because of the storms.

Normal shit.

Prices will come back down.

Let go of the talking points and the pearls.
                  Heh. Ah, The Chairman...back when it was The Right who were casting him as bumbling

Talent's right that there's plenty of time that this could change but his personality and quite frankly, the Right's casting him as a senile, bumbling old man, make him harder to despise and he lacks the more superficial elements (good looks, charismatic personality) that would make people really like him.
                  On the lack of coverage on Hunter Biden:

It's a media conspiracy man
                  Nothing to see here re inflation:

Historic rates of inflation can be found here. There's no number for March yet but Feb was 1.7%. That's lower than all of 2018 and all but 2 months of 2017. The tax cuts possibly helped increase it even more than the stimmy checks have.
                  Not everyone was wrong:

Anyway, in the relatively near future I suspect we'll find out if inflation will ever be a thing again or if you can just print as much money as you need. Another $3T on top of $1.9T....JFC.
                  ...and...

Well, look -- one or another we're going to find out how much money we can just print. Biden ain't slowing down. If you believe we can just print money forever without cost, then he's your guy.

Now, I can't say where the line is because I just don't know enough about it, but it seems like we're getting close to it.

But, what do I care about inflation. It's regressive. Much like a minimum wage increase, the poor folks pay for it.
                  ...and...

We certainly didn't need $1.9T more of "additional" rescue. That's for damn sure. But, Keynesians print money without a care. I don't know when we'll get to the line, but I have no doubt we will get there. And probably pretty soon.
                  Awww, but if you disagreed with the threat of inflation...

I get it, when you are out of power you have to return to deficit hawk mode, this is the way.
                  And don't worry...

If inflation ever shows it is going to even get to Reaganomic levels, the Fed has the appropriate tools to apply the breaks if you think 3.8 percent is too much.
                  And somewhere around 13 pages into this review I wanted to burn my eyes out....when AA suggested Breyer's ice cream was some sort of topshelf product thereby rendering all of the above not in the running for stupidest shit posted during that time.

Comment

• Also, the memes DSL posted of The Chairman were fantastic. The eagle soaring as he walks in aviators is very good, but The Chairman taking a call in one hand and curling a dumbbell in the other is just great.

We need more of those. C'mon, DSL!

Comment

• horrible
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• EFZ

Comment

• I don’t know about “top shelf” but you either like Breyer’s chocolate mint ice cream or you hate America.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You’re drifting dangerously close to Buchanan Outlander territory.

Comment

• Brewer’s chocolate mint, Mayfield Summer Berry or Moosetracks, Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia or Phish Food.

These are the ice cream brands I buy.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• tuesday resuts--i think trump endorsed candidates were 46-0 in nthe last 46 contests he endorsed

throw in all 10 representatives that voted for impeachment are done once cheney gets primaried

so now's a great time to raid his house on top of everything else with 30 FBI agents looking for who knows what

has anybody had so much thrown at him for so long a period of time that yielded so little then trump

has anybody had so much evidence against him that yielded so little in consequences then bidens kid

Comment

Working...
                                X