No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think people don't yet appreciate how much of a shitshow the next Congress is going to be, heh. Primarily the House.

Comment

• Shitshow or not, doing nothing is loads better than doing what this particular Congress did -- and worse, what they tried to do.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, one of DJT's actual achievements -- Remain in Mexico -- is officially dead. The Chairman, who has shut down all media images at the border (Democracy dies in darkness!) and cited huge and continuous immigration surges as "seasonal" -- prefers to let asylum-seekers into the US prior to being granted asylum.

Fortunately, with The Chairman blacking out media coverage and The Media not caring because, you know, Democracy doesn't really die in darkness, the coverage is limited. As opposed to, you know, KIDS IN CAGES!!!!!

Comment

• Manchin ultimately went with his party, but without his opposition, the 3.5 trillion plus bill would have sailed thru Congress. And the US would be spending money on flower husbandry and new brand name research for Aunt Jemima. While China and Russia laugh. That's already happening now, but at least the price tag is lower.

Build back better!
          Last edited by lineygoblue; August 11, 2022, 07:50 AM.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Shitshow or not, doing nothing is loads better than doing what this particular Congress did -- and worse, what they tried to do.
            Oh they won't do nothing. There will be plenty of carnival-style investigations. It's only legislation that will be non-existent.

Comment

• Liars gonna lie. Pro-Trump brand replacing 'Made in China' labels with 'Made in USA' labels. But that's okay, Trumpian conservatives are entitled to lie, just ask them.

Utah-based company Lions Not Sheep was first cited by the FTC in May for replacing ‘Made in China’ tags on their clothing

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Russia laughs its head off at us every time a US built missile lands on their butt-stupid army.

God, I need to go back and find those posts on how our "woke" military wouldn't stand a chance fighting the rugged, incredibly masculine, no-gays Russian army.

Comment

• I’m not exactly seeing vindication of the US military over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    I’m not exactly seeing vindication of the US military over there.
                    A significantly smaller country is holding off the glorious Red Army while being forced to fight with one hand tied behind their backs if they want to maintain western arms supplies (no explicit attacks inside Russia proper). Russia's lost an estimated 70,000-80,000 men, far more than they lost in Afghanistan over a decade, all to increase the amount of territory they control by maybe 10-20%? And much of what they're "gaining" is a ruined wasteland.

They're now stripping parts off of commercial jets because they can't import new ones. Much of their airline industry is grounded now anyways so they might as well I suppose.

Comment

• I don't have a dog in this fight, but it would seem all that stuff about the Ukraine needs directly tied to the US Military to address Hannibal's expressed doubt.

Comment

• Invading a country that has nothing to lose and that has fully mobilized its population for self defense is really hard. Especially when you half-assedly threw in a bunch of poorly equipped conscripts because you expected it to be a repeat of Saddam vs. Kuwait. It’s an unpopular war too that the soldiers probably don’t want to fight. And while they outnumber the enemy, that enemy is employing superior defensive technology and they have a blank checkbook from the West. I’m not surprised fhat their invasion has gotten bogged down.

This war is a scathing indictment of Putin and his cronies. Much less so the soldiers fighting it.

And who is fighting with one arm tied behind their backs? The Russians have enough firepower to turn the entire Ukraine into a pile of rubble. But they haven’t. They are showing more restraint than they are given credit for. The Ukraine is employing a lot of the same tactics as Iraq or the Vietcong — using civilians as human shields.

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it would seem all that stuff about the Ukraine needs directly tied to the US Military to address Hannibal's expressed doubt.
                          Based on their performance against Ukraine I am fairly confident their military has significantly lower standards than our own. Especially at the moment. They are literally bribing peasants from the outer provinces to enlist on the promise that their parents will finally be able to afford a beautiful Lada if they're KIA. They're also pulling people straight out of prison, they're so desperate to avoid a real draft that would affect Moscow & St. Petersburg.

Comment

• Ah, so Russian Army sucks means US Army is good. I mean, ok. Not much of a proof, but ok.

Again, I don't have a dog in this fight and if I did would side with the conclusion that the US Military is the world's best. But, I mean, "better than Russia" isn't a standard (IMO).

Comment

There's still a lot of time between now and 2024. My gut feeling is that more than 50% of Rs want someone else. And probably about 35-40% irreversibly do not. That's not much room to work with, but in a 1v1 primary DeSantis would have a chance.

On the D side, I'm not even sure The Chairman will back down. If the Rs win the House then he won't be able to do THAT much more harm and we can get the economy back to running without Prog meddling. Well, as much Prog meddling. Things should be considerably better by 2024 and if that's the case why wouldn't The Chairman run? Reagan and the Rs got throttled in 1982. 1984 was a little different.

So, so, so much time.
                              The Chairman probably won't be fit, physically or mentally, to run in 2024. He's not like Reagan, who really didn't start to show his age until his second term. Brandon also doesn't have a political "brand" like Reagan did. Does he represent ANYTHING more just being a fill-in to replace a toxic predecessor until "something better comes along"? He's like an older weaker Gerry Ford, in a sense.

As for the Rs, well indeed, most of them would prefer someone less toxic than Trump- the person. His policies are saleable, but until somebody, like DeSantis, can take a similar platform forward without looking like a complete ass, Trump will stick around.

Now, the Progs will, of course, continue to insist that DJT "runs the show"- not just because they're stupid - but because they're scared. But they've had a lot of fun, and success, in beating up on the Rs for serving up this clown over the last 6 years. They're afraid that people will eventually wise up to them and actually present someone better.

And, considering the recent landscaping that the Rs have presented, the Progs might not be done yet.

Comment

Ah, so Russian Army sucks means US Army is good. I mean, ok. Not much of a proof, but ok.

Again, I don't have a dog in this fight and if I did would side with the conclusion that the US Military is the world's best. But, I mean, "better than Russia" isn't a standard (IMO).
                                In the spirit of honest hate, DSL is referencing Right Wing memes and videos comparing our military to Russia’s and China’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X