No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The voting and tabulation is royally fucked up all over the country. And this is a new phenomenon. Saying that this is normal is “Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia” level gaslighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Funny the generic ballot results came out R +4.6…. not far off from a “red wave” number. That’s more than a seven point swing from 2020. And yet they are losing Senate seats and maybe barely getting the House.

I’d like to see some analytics on how this happened. Part of it was running up the score in Florida, but I don’t see how on average you can flip from D +3.1 to R +4.6 across the country and not see a massive shift in the outcomes.
      Because "generic R" candidate conjures up images of Paul Ryan when people are deciding that question not Trumpy asshat. When Trumpy asshat actually gets on the ballot "generic" goes out the window. Consider it another data point against Trump. Candidate quality matters.

Comment

The voting and tabulation is royally fucked up all over the country. And this is a new phenomenon. Saying that this is normal is “Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia” level gaslighting.
        This is a states' rights issue.

Comment

Funny the generic ballot results came out R +4.6…. not far off from a “red wave” number. That’s more than a seven point swing from 2020. And yet they are losing Senate seats and maybe barely getting the House.

I’d like to see some analytics on how this happened. Part of it was running up the score in Florida, but I don’t see how on average you can flip from D +3.1 to R +4.6 across the country and not see a massive shift in the outcomes.
          I posted this a few days ago but it got buried. This can explain part of the gap. Republicans were running virtually unopposed in twice as many districts as the Democrats

Uncontested: The 36 House Districts With Only One Major Party on the Ballot - 270toWin

Also Independents broke with history by siding with the President's party for the first time since 2002 (which was obviously a very different atmosphere). And a lot of them were late-deciders.​

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Hahahaha. That's rich.
            I really want to know what's been so great about the Biden presidency. Has anyone come up with anything yet? They are winning by default because the Rs are the stupid party. What's so great about soaring inflation, skyrocketing energy costs, plummeting retirement accounts, southern border invasion, and a dramatic increase in crime? We are demonstrably poorer and less safe since 2020. You think this is good?

Comment

• It becomes more than a States’ Rights issue when the winner of a shittilty run election has the power to pass laws nationally. Every state has a vested interest in elections being run cleanly and efficiently in other states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I posted this a few days ago but it got buried. This can explain part of the gap. Republicans were running virtually unopposed in twice as many districts as the Democrats

Uncontested: The 36 House Districts With Only One Major Party on the Ballot - 270toWin

Also Independents broke with history by siding with the President's party for the first time since 2002 (which was obviously a very different atmosphere). And a lot of them were late-deciders.​
                Weird -- but I guess that does explain a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I really want to know what's been so great about the Biden presidency. Has anyone come up with anything yet? They are winning by default because the Rs are the stupid party. What's so great about soaring inflation, skyrocketing energy costs, plummeting retirement accounts, southern border invasion, and a dramatic increase in crime? We are demonstrably poorer and less safe since 2020. You think this is good?
                  Its all working just peachy in Grand Rapids, Mike. Or, so I'm told.

Just ignore the I-75 corridor beginning around 7-8 Mile in Detroit and running thru Saginaw. Dan Kildee has that all taken care of.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

It becomes more than a States’ Rights issue when the winner of a shittilty run election has the power to pass laws nationally. Every state has a vested interest in elections being run cleanly and efficiently in other states.
                    No it's purely a states' rights issue. They have the power to determine how they count their votes. Other states are not effected in any material manner because the nation as a whole might have to wait a week or two to find out the results of another state. Barack Obama was robbed of nearly 6 months of having 60 votes in the Senate because Al Franken couldn't be seated until July 7th, 2009 due to the close election so this isn't new. And that's life, it sucked for Franken but the state of Minnesota has every right to determine how their votes are counted. It surely isn't gaslighting. Overseas military ballots have always been counted late, basic absentee votes same

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Its all working just peachy in Grand Rapids, Mike. Or, so I'm told.

Just ignore the I-75 corridor beginning around 7-8 Mile in Detroit and running thru Saginaw. Dan Kildee has that all taken care of.
                      The I-75 road project is really working well.

Comment

• I would say that 3 out of the last 4 elections didn't go according to the conventional wisdom narrative. The only one that pretty much did were the 2018 midterms.

Trump was supposed to get crushed by Clinton. Trump made it much closer against Biden than polls were showing and overall the R's nearly took back Congress. And now these midterms defied the "inevitable" red wave. So it's been weird time.

Comment

• Unimportant news from a few days ago that nonetheless warms my heart. Remember that RICO lawsuit Trump filed against Hillary Clinton and a bunch of others? That suit was dismissed a while ago but the Judge is now punishing Trump's lawyers for filing an outrageously frivolous claim.

I expect something similar will happen to his lawsuit against the NY AG that he filed in Florida state court. I've seen opinions that that lawsuit is so extremely meritless that the lawyers who attached their name to it could honestly get recommended for disbarment.

Judge sanctions Trump lawyers over handling of ‘frivolous’ lawsuit against Hillary Clinton, DNC | The Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It's not good.

But, hey, at least your kids are better prepared for those awkward conversations about sex, abortion and gender ambiguity. Plus, they've got a better understanding of the letters of the alphabet than they would have gotten from Sesame Street.

Comment

• Think of why New Yorkers are leaving by the droves, and relocating to Florida.

Or, why thousands of people leave California daily to go to Texas.

They like what the conservative politics and values have done in those areas, with low taxes, good schools, low crime rates. But the problem is, those that are relocating there are bringing their politics with them. For now, conservative voters are holding the line. But eventually, candidates like Beeto are going to break thru, and destroy everything that decent people have built.

Nashville Tennessee is another area that is experiencing growth due to liberals moving to the area, because they like the business climate, good schools, good roads, and low crime.

- but -

Its like the frog and the scorpion crossing the river. Things are fine until the scorpion attacks.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nobody goes to California anymore, it's too crowded.

Comment

Working...
                                X