No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, to continue the argument and go a step further (merging some thought form the B10 Thread) .....

First, I think talent's and dsl's positions that the B10 (or the NCAA) should take no steps to become involved in meeting out punishment for the school's collective failure to act responsibly in the Sandusky affair has its reasonable advocates, I'm not among them.

I'd have to think about what steps I would want to take from Delaney's level but I would certainly be informed by the kind of thing that Tony has brought up in some interesting detail.

PSU has, indeed, acted in much the same way as the Japanese leadership acted in the context of the sunami and subsequent nuclear melt down. They stuck together, hunkered down and hoped the problem would sort itself out. Instead of strong leadership with integrity, they got a cover-up.

Like in Japan, the damage done to the citizens of Japan by the inactions of the Japanese leadership, PSU's leadership was responsible for similar damages albeit to a smaller group of individuals and to the reputation of PSU.

I'm calling for some kind of leverage coming from the top down to uproot that sick culture that caused otherwise reasonable men to act unreasonably. I would think, you'd really have to clean house to get rid of that sort of thing and if I was responsible for making sure that happened, I'd be holding a giant hammer over someone's head to make sure it did.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 7, 2012, 02:28 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• But Tony says this isn't the way it's done!!!

Comment

• Yep. To paraphrase from an earlier article. When the knowledge of Sandusky reached the ears of those in charge, it was ,"Hey. The football program might suffer some consequences.", instead of, "Hey. Children are being abused, and we need to stop it now!"

Comment

• .... total off track comment but.....

Michigan football, until the end of the Carr era, had a stultifying (IMO) culture that took M from an elite program to a good one. Suffering through the first part of the millennium under Lloyd, Jim and Mike was painful.

Maybe we should give credit to Bill Martin for recognizing this, trying to clean house and hiring Rodriguez..... problem was RR wasn't capable of carrying the ball. Certainly, the end result was a total disaster. I think Mike Leach from what I know of him had the intellect to understand this and how it needed to be handled. Rodriguez? No way.

I don't think, had Lloyd had his way, that M football would have stepped into the 21st Century. Mike Debord or Jim Hermann junior would have still have been running off tackle left and recruiting as if all M had to do was sit back and offer. I could be wrong. It's worth discussing
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think you're correct. LLoyd-ball was painful to watch most of the time....

Comment

• Hopefully the steps the NCAA takes are punishment enough and hopefully the entire AD at PSU house is cleaned. If so, I don't see why the B10 needs to pile on.

Comment

• Oh and the more Lucy Pinder the better.

Comment

• And the less clothes the better.

Comment

• Hopefully the steps the NCAA takes are punishment enough
                    I don't think this is an NCAA issue. While some of the people involved are from the athletic department it does not directly relate to any level of the program and the student/athletes involved in it.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• And the less clothes the better.
                      If you google her and look at the images you'll get your wish. I don't post topless pics.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        If you google her and look at the images you'll get your wish. I don't post topless pics.
                        I seeeeee.....

Comment

• It isn't an NCAA issue, though it may be a Lucy issue.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If it were a Lucy issue, there would be nothing to see here.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Sorry to bring up a much discussed topic, but any Michiganders care to comment on their HDTV/Internet experience with Comcast? I've been a happy DirecTV customer for 4 years now, but a local move my force my hand in regards to allowances for HD satellite dishes. It seems nothing short of an act of God will get the HOA to approve of any dish greater than 18'' in diameter; perhaps it's not as hard as it seems right now, but I don't have the time or patience to deal with it at this point, so I'm thinking about moving over to Comcast. I don't want to, but I might have to. I left 4 years ago because I didn't think very highly of their customer service or product.

So, how's the service and picture quality these days? Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                X