Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    SWF donated a bunch to Dems but FTX itself and other high people at the firm donated to Republicans. Like most major corporations they play both sides.

FWIW, the Dems love to regulate everything and only a few oppose regulating crypto. It's Republicans, especially your precious Alt Right, who are furiously opposed to any regulation whatsoever of the crypto industry. After all, it's going to bring down the Fed and replace the US dollar any day now
    They played one side way more.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Attached Files
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trying to point out the sliver in Trump's eye when they have a log in their own.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          So you're saying that the US needs to do to Russia, what Russia and China did to us in Viet Nam?
          Posted a couple days ago and I'm late addressing a legitimate question.

No, this is a substantially different circumstance when it comes to US strategic interests. TBF, US involvement in Viet Nam and Afghanistan were substantially different in that regard as well. The strategic interests of the US in Vietnam that led to military intervention there were addressing the Soviet Union's international efforts to gain influence globally but, in this case, in SEA through the overt support of the communist regime in the north. The effort to stop it extends back another two decades to France's unsuccessful attempts to support democratic governments in SEA from being replaced by communist regimes.

The west isn't facing the threat of unchecked expansion of Communism in parts of the world where the US had, at the time, vital strategic interests. Russia's attempts at expansion into the now free and democratic states of the former USSR are fundamentally different. The west is facing an attack on democracy in places it has vital interests in supporting democratic governments and movements in those states by authoritarian, some would argue fascist states - I've called it a war pitting freedom and democratic principles v. anti-freedom, anti-democratic and authoritarian principles.

It is also worth pointing out that the states that make up eastern Europe, some of them NATO members and Ill get to that, form the bulwark against Russian imperialistic expansionism into central Europe. NATO, initially formed to address the threat of Communism expanding into western Europe, is presently the bulwark established to prevent Putin's strategic plans to return former soviet states to Russian control - or returning Russia to its predominant role on the world stage as a Czarist state before the Bolshevik Revolution, 1914-1917.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jobs report comes in much better than expected, leading to stocks taking a big dive pre-market

Comment

• Very weird economy we are in right now. Jim Cramer is pretty flummoxed on CNBC lol

Comment

• cartoon-12222-copy.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.jpg
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Very weird economy we are in right now. Jim Cramer is pretty flummoxed on CNBC lol
                  The big elephant in the economic room is consumer savings is at a very low level and credit card debt is very high. Not good.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More good news from Arizona. Screw that stupid ass moron.

​​​​​​https://www.forbes.com/sites/tylerro...h=79df93a42d09

​​​​​​
                    ‘False, Misleading’ Accusations: Federal Judge Sanctions Kari Lake For Challenging Arizona’s Voting Procedures

Last edited by CGVT; December 2, 2022, 10:14 AM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And in case you missed it...

​​​​​​ Arizona county certifies election after judge’s order

Fuck a bunch of election denying jackasses
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• LA County looking to reinstate mask mandate. It's as pathetic as it is predictable. Watch the other prog cities follow suit...this is why conservatives comment on people wearing masks.

JFC
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yawn

I guess it’s a good thing you don’t live there then.
                          Last edited by CGVT; December 2, 2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            And in case you missed it...

​​​​​​ Arizona county certifies election after judge’s order

Fuck a bunch of election denying jackasses

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Yawn

I guess it’s a good thing you don’t live there then.
                              Is there something wrong with pointing out ridiculous shit like this and how it affect other people? So what if mask mandated mandates don't hit my area. I'm still gonna call it out as ludicrous. I have nothing against masks or people that choose to wear them. Knock yourself out. I vehemently oppose mandates...mask...vax...anytime the government is mandating something it's usually a bad policy. Let people choose.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• With the drama pretty much over, here's a good rundown of the Arizona election from NR. Pretty much calls Kari Lake the Stacey Abrams of Arizona.

There were legitimate problems in Maricopa County on Election Day, but none that justify overturning the gubernatorial election.

Comment

Working...
                                X