Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good troll here...

Comment

• Strangelove was up-in-arms over Governor DeSantis' Constitutionally-dubious laws governing social media. I hope he is similarly up-in-arms over New York's ludicrous new law requiring website owners to police and remove certain comments (more or less, "hateful" comments). https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...nd-ridiculous/

I haven't looked at the defintions of what falls under a website that allows comments and jurisdictional hook that makes it a NY issue. HOWEVER, given that most jurisdictional hooks for the internet are basically "the internet reaches NY" -- I doubt that's an issue. So, THIS website -- which allows comments -- may be subject to NY law and thus, our good friend Deb, will need to poicy ALL comments for anything that "villifies" a group by race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc".

Let me help....if the Canadian PM is an example of Canadian me, then Canadian men are a bunch of self-hating, faux erudite pussies.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sounds like a ridiculous and stupid law.

Comment

• Some loons in NC knocked out power to 50,000 people in order to try and stop a drag show from happening. The suspected ringleader also participated in Jan 6th. Incidentally this is the county where the legendary Pinehurst resort is located.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...269579392.html

Comment

• Based on the record early voting numbers in Georgia (1.85M voted) it seems there's a pretty solid chance Warnock wins by more than he beat Loeffler (~90,000 votes).

Includes 76,000 voters who didn't vote in the general election but are voting in the runoff.

Comment

• Not sure about the rest of the state, but the Repubs really got the vote out in my area. Every time I drove by the polling place there was a long line that looked like people waiting to get into a Trump rally.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Reporting has suggested very heavy early turnout in pro-Warnock areas: Atlanta burbs, Columbus, Savannah, etc.

Was looking at the weather forecast and it's looking like a rainy Election Day in Georgia, especially in the northern part of the state. Republicans need big margins in those counties between Atlanta and Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Reporting has suggested very heavy early turnout in pro-Warnock areas: Atlanta burbs, Columbus, Savannah, etc.

Was looking at the weather forecast and it's looking like a rainy Election Day in Georgia, especially in the northern part of the state. Republicans need big margins in those counties between Atlanta and Tennessee.
                  I voted on Monday last week. Even here, on a resort island with easy access to the polls there was a 30-40 minute wait. Every time I drove by there was a line about the same length.

As soon as my son submitted his absentee ballot application, our mailbox was inundated with Republican mail ads full of tired old FOX News talking points trying to scare him into voting for Walker. The Dems sent out nothing.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This is the kind of news from Georgia I like: Sheepdog protecting his flock, fights off 11 coyotes; kills 8. Badly injured, wanders off for two days (presumably to die), recuperates enough to return home.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You’re in Georgia, CG? Thought you were in Alabama.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        You’re in Georgia, CG? Thought you were in Alabama.
                        We own a couple of houses on St Simons Island. When my youngest son went off to college, we sold our house in Spanish Fort and moved. We've been here a little over a year.

Still have a son at Auburn and our oldest lives in Birmingham. It is lot longer drive to visit them now...

Comment

• I like St. Simons. I could go for some Barbara Jean crab cakes for lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            I like St. Simons. I could go for some Barbara Jean crab cakes for lunch.
                            Nice. That is an old school place that has been here for many years. Lots of good restaurants on the island, We like the Frederica House for seafood.

I was stationed here in the mid 80s and met my wife then. We always planned on retiring here so when we had some extra cash, we bought a house and rented it out for about 15 years. My wife was willed the house we're living in when her mother passed last year (we rented it from her for a while) and another house on East Beach. We'll rent out two and live in the other, retire and be those old people that bitch about the changes and tell you that you should have seen this island thirty years ago.

Comment

• Hannibal- The band is already breaking up 😢

Comment

• Two Big Supreme Court cases being heard this week

Today is one similar to the gay wedding/baker case but this time involving a website designer (I think?)

Moore v Harper on Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                                X