Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look! Wiz made a video

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm infamous!
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Very tight race with about 57% of the vote in. Warnock with a slight lead. But this "might" be Walker's peak. A lot of rural, red counties are maxing out and there's a lot of expected vote left in the Atlanta area. Wasserman thinks Walker is actually hitting his goals in the tiny counties but missing them in the mid-size cities that typically vote Republican. Brunswick, for one, on the Atlantic coast. And Tifton along I-75. Walker is running a couple points behind of what he won those places by in November.

As I was typing Walker has pulled ahead. Lots to count (over a million if estimates are right)

Comment

• Ahhhh the Dem Party...the party of slavery...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I’ve seen enough!: Warnock will win.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Great. The wife abusing slumlord who hates America will win. Fabulous. Nice job Georgia.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Look, ideology aside, Walker is a certifiably insane. If you’re mad at anyone be mad at the Georgia Republican Party for supporting a moron like him. If I were in Georgia, I would have just not voted.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Look, ideology aside, Walker is a certifiably insane. If you’re mad at anyone be mad at the Georgia Republican Party for supporting a moron like him. If I were in Georgia, I would have just not voted.
                  What is really sad is how close it is going to be and how many people actually voted for Walker.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't think there is any question that in the run-up to the mid-terms, Trump controlled the Republican Party. He was pulling the strings and his lap dogs were encouraging him instead of telling him, "get lost." After the mid-terms when 99% of the candidates he endorsed and/or campaigned for lost, the landscape changed and is still changing. The ongoing rejections of suits filed in the various courts challenging election results, the NY court's findings of criminality today involving his business and the January 6th Committee forwarding information they gathered to the Justice Department that could result in federal charges filed against Trump or his principle advisors is going to make it hard for him to be the face of the R party ..... unless and of course they continue their stupid support for him despite the obvious damage that does to the party.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Georgia is now a purple state. You can’t expect to nominate extreme candidates (D’s Abrams or R’s Walker) and win.

Rs need a major shakeup or expect the same results in 2024 IMO. Barring a huge economic collapse as some have predicted in 2023 … then you can expect anything to happen.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well if Warnock wins...and it looks certain...DJT needs to be told to STFU...but of course...he won't listen...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Was checking and Columbua, Athens, and Augusta are now largely done. Warnock won Augusta by slightly more than in November. There's still a decent chunk of votes left in Macon and Savannah.

Basically comes down to metro Atlanta. If Warnock won Election Day there about 55-45, which would be much smaller than he won the early vote, Walker doesn't have a chance. Rural Georgia is largely counted.

Comment

• It's over. Like UGA-OSU will be...a beatdown...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

What is really sad is how close it is going to be and how many people actually voted for Walker.
                              You live in GA, right? You probably know this. Warnock is a shitbird. He was not particularly popular among Ds. But the R party in GA has done a good job of getting the vote out telling voters if you have been dissatisfied with warnock get out and vote him out of office.

Lack of awareness and intelligence of the average Georgian aside, I'd bet not a lot of people there know much more about Waker than that he played football for UGA and was a star. He still must be a star.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Georgia is now a purple state. You can’t expect to nominate extreme candidates (D’s Abrams or R’s Walker) and win.

Rs need a major shakeup or expect the same results in 2024 IMO. Barring a huge economic collapse as some have predicted in 2023 … then you can expect anything to happen.
                                It's definitely more purple than 20 years ago but I would keep in mind that Trump is particularly toxic there. He has already lost the Rs two Senate seats and is on the verge of blowing a 3rd. He spent years attacking their Governor and state officials for no reason other than he didn't want to admit defeat. Then he hand-picked a certifiable moron to run for Senate and rammed him down Georgians' throats.

Comment

Working...
                                X