• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected. It’s over.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Wasserman has called it for Warnock, fwiw

He points out that Columbus, Macon, Augusta, Albany, and Athens are all now almost complete and Warnock is doing better in every one of those cities compared to November. Almost inconceivable he could improve there and do significantly worse in Atlanta.

EDIT: yep, see Cody above

Comment

• Not a surprise.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

You live in GA, right? You probably know this. Warnock is a shitbird. He was not particularly popular among Ds. But the R party in GA has done a good job of getting the vote out telling voters if you have been dissatisfied with warnock get out and vote him out of office.

Lack of awareness and intelligence of the average Georgian aside, I'd bet not a lot of people there know much more about Waker than that he played football for UGA and was a star. He still must be a star.
          LOL! Warnock is not a shitbird. Republican bullshit says that, and you believe it.

The major accusation thrown at him is that he "abused" his wife.

Read the fucking police report

Warnock got in a verbal altercation with his wife. He jumped in his car and tried to leave. She accused him of running over her foot. HE called the police. The police showed up and there was no evidence of her foot being run over. She refused to go to the hospital.

It was a fight (verbal) between a couple. The man tried to extract himself from the situation. The woman tried to stop him. The MAN called the police because he knew that the situation was fucked up. The woman lied.

The Repubs have glommed onto this and tried to spin it because that is all they have.

Stop believing the shit you see on FOX News
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't live in Georgia but from the outside it seems like Warnock runs a pretty good campaign. Walker had a ton of baggage that was offset by name recognition.

A lot of the MAGA Trump candidates have high floor/low ceilings. They will max out the base but are bad with independents. Also, they are terrible at fund raising, most of these Trump endorsed candidates are getting outspent heavily.

Comment

• Neither candidate were worth a shit
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Screenshot 2022-12-06 8.37.20 PM.png
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• In the end the margin is going to end up virtually identical to the Warnock-Loeffler runoff. Which is actually a good performance by Walker IMO. Kemp’s team came close to dragging him across the finish line.

Comment

• Yeah, Kemp endorsing Walker was a bit perplexing. I'm sure he was motivated (and encouraged by the state R party principles) by the potential for R control of the Senate if Walker were to get elected. But Kemp and the R party in GA had to ditch the responsible view that Walker was unfit to serve as a US Senator. That doesn't surprise me as we've repeatedly seen the trash candidates that the Rs have put forward in the mid-terms.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• One thing that WILL happen in this dysfunctional Congress is judges, judges, judges. 51-49 instead of 50-50 will help speed things up a lot. No more power-sharing on committees either.

Comment

• Things aren’t running slow on judges
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anyway, I look forward to two more years of The Chairman exercising COVID "emergency" powers to legislate from the White House whilst the Ds hysterically scream about the threat of authoritarianism and the end of democracy.

Should be another solid 2 years.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Things aren’t running slow on judges
                            No, you're right, I have read that Biden appointed more in his first two years than Trump did. That has a lot to do with Trump's team being extremely inept in that first year and failing to even make nominations. I don't know if they also thought Dems were intentionally stalling (probably) but they ended up killing the blue slip process to remove roadblocks for themselves.

Comment

• Maybe Trump's slowness had something to do with the bogus Russian collusion investigation that went on through most of his term? I dunno.

Meanwhile...the Biden Family Crime Syndicate marches on...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I also saw an interesting comparison between Georgia and North Carolina over the weekend trying to explain why Dems keep falling short in NC.

Metro Atlanta makes up 58% of the state of Georgia. If you combine the Charlotte and Research Triangle metro areas you still only come up with 42% of the population of NC. So that reminds me of a southern version of Michigan vs. Ohio. Michigan is dominated by one huge city and Ohio/North Carolina have a lot of large to mid-sized cities spread out more evenly across the entire state.

Comment

Working...
                                X