Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tourists taking selfies...

​​​​​​https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/16/polit...71O8ZiucEijHgs

​​​​​​ January 6 defendant arrested for allegedly planning to kill FBI agents who had investigated him

By Holmes Lybrand, CNN
    Updated 11:36 PM EST, Fri December 16, 2022

Edward Kelley was already facing charges in connection with January 6, 2021. Department of Justice CNN —
    A Tennessee man already facing charges in connection with the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol was arrested for allegedly planning to kill FBI agents, including those who had been investigating him, the Justice Department announced Friday.

Edward Kelley, who was previously charged with assaulting an officer during the Capitol riot, and Austin Carter, also from Tennessee, have been charged with conspiracy, retaliating against a federal official, interstate threats and solicitation to commit a crime of violence.

According to an affidavit, Kelley and Carter had a list of names of 37 law enforcement members to assassinate.

The list noted which officers were involved in Kelley’s arrest in May in Knoxville, Tennessee, on the January 6-related charges or present during the search of his home, and it included some of their phone numbers, according to the affidavit.

An “acquaintance” of Kelley and Carter gave the list to police and began cooperating with investigators, according to the affidavit.

CNN has reached out to Kelley’s attorney. Carter’s attorney, Joshua Hedrick, told CNN in a statement, “Our investigation is only just beginning, but we are looking forward to providing a zealous defense of Mr. Carter, who has asserted his innocence.”

In a news release Friday, the Justice Department said Kelley not only discussed attacking law enforcement agents with Carter and their unnamed acquaintance, but also planned to attack the FBI’s Knoxville, Tennessee Field Office.

“If I’m extradited to DC or you don’t hear about my status within 24 or 48 hours..if they are coming to arrest me again, start it,” Kelley told the acquaintance during a recorded call Wednesday, according to the affidavit. “You guys are taking them out at their office. What you and [Carter] need to do is recruit as many as you can…and you’re going to attack their office.”

When the acquaintance asked if Carter was in support of part of Kelley’s plans, Carter told the individual that “this is the time, add up or put up” and “to definitely make sure you got everything racked, locked up and loaded.”

Kelley and Carter will remain detained pending further hearings.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I like that THE_WIZARD_ is in grave danger (is there any other kind?). However, I'd much prefer he just be in his grave. Or forced to listen to AOC live streams whilst reading Buchanan posts on [insert topic]. Or maybe forced to listent to AOC reading Buchanan posts and providing commentary thereon.
      Seconded
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Funny how right wing insurgents get heavy prison time for crimes they don't commit yet lefty's get off on no bail and back on the streets for violent and malicious crimes.

What side you're on really matters..

Comment

Attached Files
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I don't speak for.Jennifer Granholm. I don't know if she does or doesn't. I've never once in here said anything about the need for reparations, it has no impact on my life. I actually don't need to have an opinion on everything somebody said. For you,.it's another grievance to get mad about. You feel the need to find some weird story on 4chan and you call out CGVT, DSL or me like we have anything to do with it.
            Froot opines about everything, but when obvious Dem quackery is discussed he just says " it has no impact on my life". Such narcissism! Sounds like Trump.

Comment

• EFZ
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

Froot opines about everything, but when obvious Dem quackery is discussed he just says " it has no impact on my life". Such narcissism! Sounds like Trump.
                But, of course, reparations, like student loan forgiveness and all other handouts will come from an infinite supply of non-taxpayer supplied funds. It will also solve Racism because every penny of that will be used for education, healthcare, rebuilding neighborhoods, and promoting peaceful and harmonious communities.

of course, it won’t have any affect on the rest of us.

That’s just stupid and only idiots believe that.

Comment

• If "reparations" becomes national, it affects everyone.

Including black folks who pay taxes. So in effect, they'll be paying for their own reparations.

As Bill Cosby said on his show one time, "the government comes for the regular people first".

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Most developments in Ukraine of late are of a political nature. It's about what's going on in Russia and Putin's mind. The NYTs did two somewhat eye opening articles released today. The first is a lengthy rehashing of why Putin's war in Ukraine has failed. There's nothing really new other than revelations that heretofore classified intelligence has been released by the Ukrainian side supports the assessment that:
                    • Russian command structures are not nimble enough to produce efficient combined arms operations in modern warfare.
                    • Morale among Russian soldiers is low enough and widespread enough to produce significant amounts of sabotage at unit levels, carried out by a unit's soldiers, of their fighting equipment to prevent continued military operations.
                    • Putin is not crazy or sick. He is committed to his maximalist goal of subduing Ukraine and taking control of it.
                    • Prior to February 28th, Putin reportedly ignored advice from top Russian economic experts that warned against an Invasion of Ukraine citing the impact of western sanctions and long term damage to the Russian economy, setting it back decades.
                    • Putin reportedly interrupted the economic briefing and asked how do we mitigate the damage? In this way, he signalled he had, long ago, made up his mind to invade Ukraine. Notably, no one in the room for this briefing remonstrated Putin demonstrating the power dynamic that is in place inside the Kremlin.
                    The other article is a well done pictorale that shows graphically how little Ukrainian territory the Russians have first taken and to this point been unable to defend. It also goes into great detail regarding the rumors I posted about yesterday that Russia is planning a major offensive for 2023, worst case potentially as early as mid January. Analysist suggest that Russian and Belarussian troop movements in Belarus and elsewhere in the east (The Donbas) and the Zaphoriza Oblast (Mariupal and Melipitol) in the south are feints in an attempt to clutter the information space with saber rattling. The objective is to get the west to believe the war is a stalemate and to have Ukraine's supporters to force the government to entertain negotiations favorable to Moscow.

Facts, OTH reveal the difficult circumstances the Russian army faces on the ground, the slowly eroding economic capacity of Russia to resupply its forces and continue military operations at the current and unsustainable intensity and the eroding confidence of the Russian public, mostly unspoken, in Putin's ability to lead the country.

ISW analysts believe that Russian combat power is sufficiently degraded to conduct any kind of serious offensive operations aimed at Kiev or securing strategically important territorial gains elsewhere in Ukraine. Keep in mind that the Ukrainian tactic has to been to not directly confront Russian BTGs, force on force, on the offense or any Russian units in fortified defensive positions. Instead, the Ukrainian armed forces have used long range artillery to systematically attack fresh Russian troops in garrison or R&R, GLOCs and ammunition and fuel supply depots in rear areas. This tactic has proven remarkably effective in degrading the combat power of the Russian army. The withdrawls from Kharkiv and Kherson are incontrovertible evidence of how effective these tactics have been inflicting major losses on Russian forces and preserving Ukrainian combat power.

ISW further urges that any kind of ceasefire between Russia and Ukraine, negotiated at this point, would be counterproductive and allow Putin the time he is seeking to actually rebuild his army and try again. Call what many think is a bluff and based on Putin's MO over the last year, that's exactly what it is.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Pretty good World Cup Final

Comment

• Viva Le STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• lol

fwiw links to Facebook, Instagram, and Truth Social are now all banned

Comment

• When free speech absolutists gather.

Comment

• A prog talking about free speech is like Bill Clinton talking about marital fidelity...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No competitor is too small to be banned! Nostr is some app no one’s ever heard of that Jack Dorsey once threw 250k at to be nice and apparently that’s enough to get the ban hammer.

Naturally TikTok isn’t banned. Can’t afford to upset the commies

Comment

Working...
                                X