• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It's pretty clear you're a moron and should STFU
    My only comment is...STFU...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Update for crash on Kari Lake’s suit. 8 of her 10 accusations have been tossed. The judge will allow her to present evidence (if she has any) related to two of them. There’s a good chance this is completely over this week.

The ballot inspection will be his morning and only involves 150 ballots. Some election day, some mail ins, and some that were disqualified

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 20, 2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• People who claim printer problems were intentional have probably never had to use printers.

Comment

• The giant omnibus bill also contains the Electoral Reform Act. Which has support from Rand Paul, of all people

Rand Paul endorses Electoral Count Act reform | The Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            MTG and Boebert openly feuding. MTG takes a lot of shots at her in this thread

Comment

• MTG is feuding with everyone. It's a regular Real Housewives of DC episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                I've got no problems with the January 6th Committee. My view is that it was an attempt to inform the public about what part DJT and his associates played in the events of January 6th and Trump's' (and his associates) role played in allegedly conspiring to overturn his loss to Joe Biden. From what I know of the facts, I think he did try to overturn the election results. I'm less sure that the facts support he insighted protesters at the capital.

Regardless of my view, if there is lawlessness on the part of those that the committee recommended for criminal charges, the prosecutors in the justice department will determine if the specifications of each charge are met. Not hard. Pretty straight forward.

The problems arise when the politics of the the "Biden Crime Syndicate" and Hunter Biden's lap top get thrown into the mix and, IMO, obfuscate what most Americans would agree that Donald Trump actually tried to do: overturn his election loss by means that might be considered unconstitutional or actual crimes. TBF, I've got no idea if any laws were broken by the Biden family or Hunter himself. I'm pretty sure that there is sufficient evidence (IMO and I'm not a lawyer) to prosecute Trump and his associates for committing crimes, to wit, obstruction of an act of congress and conspiracy to defraud the US.

The question remains will a former president be indicted for his crimes while in office? T​he US Constitution doesn't really allow the indictment of a president, which has been the finding of the Justice Department for many decades for constitutional reasons you can look up yourselves. I think the Committee knows this but is committed to revealing the facts about DJT's actions post election. Then the voters can decide if he's fit for office. I think it's petty clear he isn't and will not stand a chance of a due process nomination by the R party as their presidential candidate, let alone re-election to the presidency in 2024.

That doesn't mean, he won't try and beyond due process if he manages to fuck with that to his advantage, he could gain the nomination. That would be a particularly destructive indictment of American democracy and the importance of the entire process of electing a president every 4 years.
                But they didn't wear masks.

FkZfVL0UAAAaajA?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• Interesting footnote with Patrick Leahy retiring. He's the last Senator to have been first elected in the 70's and the last remaining "Watergate baby" -- a generation of mostly younger Dems that swept into office in the 1974 elections.

Comment

• Starting next year the five most senior Senators will be

Chuck Grassley (IA)
                    Cocaine Mitch (KY)
                    Dianne Feinstein (CA)
                    Patty Murray (WA) (surprised by this one)
                    Jim Inhofe (OK)

Comment

• The country is lucky that no senator died last Congress. Particularly no Dem senator.

Comment

• Good luck or bad luck?

Comment

• Grassley, Inhofe, and Feinstein are all almost 90. The former two guys have 4+ years to go on their current term so they're at serious risk of dying in office unless they retire. Feinstein by all accounts shows serious signs of losing her memory, way worse than Biden from what I hear, so she's likely to retire unless she has really irresponsible people around her.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/KariLake/status/...etembed%7Ctwte rm%5E1605036082755645440%7Ctwgr%5E8ff44035a0348b7d 93fdbb25b727237ea9f811c5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=htt ps%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D343502page%3D386

get a 2 day trial--rare indeed. Show us what you got.

meanwhile back at twitter looks like for the last couple of years the fbi has been a recruiting ground for twitter.

and stories like this
                            image.png

Michael Shellenberger on Twitter: "32. By mid-Sept, 2020, Chan & Roth had set up an encrypted messaging network so employees from FBI & Twitter could communicate. They also agree to create a “virtual war room” for “all the [Internet] industry plus FBI and ODNI” [Office of the Director of National Intelligence]. https://t.co/Dhy8LotZHU" / Twitter

And you try to convince me that a government we have in place now wouldnt' try to swing some votes illegally wherever they could. Certainly looks like the FBI would go to any lengths to sway an election​​

Comment

• I think the big win for lake is if they force hobbs to take the stand in this

Comment

• SAN FRANCISCO, CA — After posting a Twitter poll that seemed to indicate most Twitter users want him to step down from Twitter's leadership, Elon Musk has revealed that millions of mail-in ballots sent in yesterday confirmed most people want him to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X