No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest talent that Democrats have is gaslighting.

FklOzXDagAAhdxV?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Look, you know I'm no fan of the Trumps but the New Yorker article states that the investigation into the Trump kids began in 2010. 12 years later nobody has been indicted. Isn't there a saying that an average DA can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich?

The rest falls on Donald and Kushner, not to mention the obvious political aspect of Leticia James' lawsuit. Also worth noting that case is civil and not criminal.
      I predict Wile E. Coyote gets the Road Runner before Trump gets indicted...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FkiRuVcXoAwgONV?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          I'm a putin-loving white nationalist. I might as well save time and claim it because that's how I'd be branded anyway.
          Trumper. Denier. Racist. Sexist. Homophobe. Fascist. Neo-Nazi. Deplorable. You sir are a waste of good oxygen.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Biden wearing a sharp tie.

Comment

• heh...pic of the year candidate...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FkjXTQaVEAAV7XJ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Look, you know I'm no fan of the Trumps but the New Yorker article states that the investigation into the Trump kids began in 2010. 12 years later nobody has been indicted. Isn't there a saying that an average DA can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich?

The rest falls on Donald and Kushner, not to mention the obvious political aspect of Leticia James' lawsuit. Also worth noting that case is civil and not criminal.
                  Look at the money that changed hands when the charges were dropped (against the Junior Prosecutors' recommendations)

Move along. Nothing to see here
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Isolationism as a concept that argues against continued US support for Ukraine seems plausible. In early 1941 most Americans thought war in Europe involving the US was inevitable. What prevented US involvement was a series of laws passed by the US congress in the mid 30s that prohibited it. After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in December 1941, isolationists were sent to the back of the bus by interventionists. The US entered, what had been viewed as strictly a conflict involving European nations, what had now become a global conflict.

Clearly, were not there yet vis-a-vis the conflict between Ukraine and Russia. The US, however, is engaged, supporting Ukraine economically and militarily, unlike its isolationism prior to 1941. It's interesting that the laws passed by the US congress in the 30s prevented the US from sending aid to Great Britain and there was strong sentiment to do just that but not send US troops to Europe. Zelenski's speech to the US congress last night was to rally support to prevent the US congress from passing similar legislation that would limit or prevent US support to Ukraine.

It was "principled isolationism" something that delayed US involvement in supporting European allies, made Hitler's land grabs possible and allowed his genocidal brutality to continue unchecked and lasting until his defeat 4y later in 1945. Is there a difference here between circumstances surrounding Putin's war, Russia's stated objectives beyond seizing Ukraine and the circumstances in the late 30s surrounding Adolph Hitler and Germany? I don't think there are. The threat may be less global in its nature, unless you consider the axis of Russia, China, NK and Iran, than it was by 1941, but there are definitely similarities. Add to that Putin's attempts to fill the information space with claims that his "special military operation" is a battle between the Russian state and NATO.

They should not be ignored. Like western allies confronted Adolph Hitler and Germany, along with Tojo and Japan in 1941, the US along with NATO needs to confront Putin and Russia in meaningful ways with the objective escalating US and the west's involvement until Putin either pulls back to Russia's pre-2014 boarders or, if he chooses to persist with his war in Ukraine, his forces are defeated in detail on the Ukrainian battlefield and the consequences of such a defeat are felt inside Russia and within the Kremlin - a weakening of Putin's hold on power and the hobbling of the Russian economy that has funded and would continue to fund Putin's imperialist aggression.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm ok with spending billions of dollars to these countries...as long as I get my 10%...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In the spirit of Hannukah...

STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU... STFU!
                        Last edited by iam416; December 22, 2022, 12:51 PM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          There's basically three types who are opposed to helping Ukraine

1) Principled isolationists. Not large in numbers.

2) People who will oppose literally anything supported by Biden or what they call "The Establishment". Mindless tribalism.

3) Putin-lovers. A substantial chunk of the Alt Right and White Nationalist crowd openly admires Putin because they view him as someone who projects strength/masculinity, hates gays, makes sure women know their place, and minorities are always kept in a subordinate role in society. These people view all foreign affairs as an extension of the domestic culture war and Russia appears a vastly superior society to America in their view. America/The West are decadent. Russia represents TradCon values.
                          # 3. is just not so. Have you heard anyone on this board support Putin in any way? Who are these Putin admirers? I've never heard anyone speak favorably of Putin (except Trump).

I'd also point out that you immediately go to "masculinity...hates gays,...misogyny... and racism..." Then you go on to say that these flat-earth right-wingers are about the culture war.

I think there are a whole lot of people who want to see the cost/benefit analysis of sending money to Ukraine. Ukraine is a profoundly corrupt country that has outlawed political opposition and shut down media critical of the regime. I support killing Russians with weapons that have been built for that purpose. But the rationale that we are "fighting for democracy..." is pure BS. we are fighting to change the regime in Russia, just like Reagan did. I support that. But I'd also note that for a quarter of what we are sending to Ukraine we could to fight the invasion at our southern border that kills 300 Americans per day from drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            In the spirit of Hannukah...

STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU...STFU... STFU!
                            That's a whole lotta STFU'ing goin' on out there...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

If principled isolationists includes people who think that we should spend $100 billion at home instead of abroad, then they are very large in numbers.
                              Yes, Flint could have cleaned up their water mess (even if it was the local Ds fault) and infrastructure - like roads, bridges and the electric grid could have been brought up to modern standards. We might even have found a way to end racism..

But it's just as well that we aren't going to use it to pay off those spoiled twits' student loans.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

That's a whole lotta STFU'ing goin' on out there...
                                We celebrate the 8 days of STFU in my house.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X