No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover burger. Wonderful. The fried egg absolutely has to be runny, though.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Kewpee burger were always generous with the pickle and onions. Not just two measly pickles others' would normally plop on, it'd be a handful. That's important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        I think you've mentioned Halo Burger before because I found out they had connections to Kewpee Burger. Kewpee was the biggest burger chain in America before WWII. Today there's only 5 and three are in Lima, OH. The tiny one in downtown is really worth visiting if you have some godforsaken reason to be in Lima. The outside looks like time hasn't touched it since the 30's. Dave Thomas loved the places and the burgers & fries will remind you a lot of Wendy's back when he was still alive.
        You are correct about the Halo Burger connection to Kewpee's. The guy who started Halo Burger bought the Kewpee locations in Flint, and changed the name to Halo Burger. Ironically, his name was Bill Thomas (no relation to Dave). The Kewpee location in downtown Flint (its still there, but I don't know why) was a huge teenage hangout back in the 50's and 60's. They still have the best burgers in this area. There is a location on the west side of Flint that I go to, but I won't even go there unless its daylight. Forget going there after dark.

I think there is still a Kewpee location in downtown Lansing. I used to go there for lunch when I worked for Michigan Bell.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is pure propaganda. Zelensky is a professional actor and he is not a good guy.
          If the Ukraine was wiped off of the map it would be a tragedy but not one that we should spend $100 billion to prevent. It is not something that threatens our way of life. Nor our economic interests ......
          First off, I respect the position of opponents of US involvement in Putin's war in Ukraine. I think there are valid arguments on both sides. Neither of these are that. I don't know where these one liners come from - Zelenski is a bad guy, is corrupt or any negative connotation one might like to apply to him or to Ukraine in general. Stuff like this doesn't stand up to a little research on it.

Over the course of the last year, I've tried to study and read as much content on Ukraine and Zelenski as I can. He's not entirely clean and his relationships with Ukrainian oligarchs through his TV work and continuing after that in his political life suggest he is connected with some of them who the US has sanctioned - there are suggestions, no smoking gun. What's new or shocking about this? Every politician is holding or seeking public office on the face of the earth is dogged by these suspicions and that is all they are in Zelenski's case.

Ukraine itself is still being victimized by the old Soviet ways of "doing business" - everyone lies cheats and steals. Make no mistake, since the Maiden Revolution, responsible actions are underway in that country to rid it of these forces. It's not easy after 50 years of it to completely eliminate it. So, we'll just disagree on this characterization of Zelenski and his behavior as head of state. I'm confident that being careful not to indict Zelenski or Ukraine, in broad terms of unspecified corruption, is a good position easily defended. For every example of a bad apple or actor, I can find more that are good and honest Ukrainians trying to advance a market economy and free enterprise.

​​​​​​I'm getting really sick of our government printing money that it does not have. That is how you get 9% inflation. They are already talking about spending hundreds of billions to rebuild the Ukraine when the war is done.
          This is a credible argument against an open checkbook and armory for Ukraine. It comes down to a matter of budget priorities for the US government. "Principled isolationists" can correctly argue that the Feds should be addressing national problems first and international problems after that. The truth of the matter though is that you can't separate them like isolationists are trying to do. At this point in the conflict, I'm an interventionist in the case of Putin's war in Ukraine and I've pointed out upthread why. Isolationists in general are less absorbed, I'd call it inattentive, to strategic national security interests and the play between them. The notion that Ukraine could be wiped off the map and it wouldn't matter is a conclusion drawn by being inattentive to stated National Security Strategy found here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...gy-10.2022.pdf

As a point of departure for debate, Isolationists are welcome to disagree with any of this National Security Strategy point by point but let's stop the one liners and colorful posters that contain them that fail to take into account, in fact, blatantly ignore, the current administration's approach to Ukraine. At the link, find page 23 and scroll down to the section on Russia. I'll be frank, if you take the time to read and understand just this section, it would be patent dumbfuckery" to assert that Ukraine could be wiped off the map and it wouldn't matter.

Finally, I thought Geezer's response to my post was a fair one. He agrees we should be moving to force Russia to abandon its expansionist, imperialist aggression. We should spend what it takes to arm the Ukrainians to move Putin in that direction. That is in agreement with the stated objectives in National Security Strategy documents.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Burgers with runny eggs are fucking awesome.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• heh
              Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not far from Tuscaloosa, we're in Atlanta with family for the holidays. At this hour it is a balmy 12 degrees with a low of 7 tonight. It will rise to 15 tomorrow with a gradual warming trend if you can call it that by Tuesday with a high of seasonally consistent 45. As everyone has noted, its the wind. Here I can step outside on a protected stoop, step to the sidewalk and get my face burned off.

Meanwhile, in S FL where I now reside, it is presently a coolish 67. It's chilly for this time of year but short lived. It will be back in the 80s by Thursday. I'm wondering why the fuck I traveled N to ATL?
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well that just proves what an imbecile you are...or you are a family man...or both...

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say its both...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jeff's just upset because he left his long johns in Florida.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is the most horseshit “winter storm” ever. We got maybe an inch or two of snow. It’s just colder and windier than normal for a few days. BFD.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Jeff's just upset because he left his long johns in Florida.
                        Nope. Brought them and am wearing them now.

Comment

• Score another victory for Dr. Strangelove as a teacher in Georgia is made to humiliate himself for telling blacks kids to stop using the "N-word" (though, he made the mistake of using the word).

Use Code SANTA2022 at https://www.theofficertatumstore.com/ for 30% OFF Christmas Items!Click the link Below (All links are below)https://linktr.ee/theoffice...

What a great day to be a Prog American.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I love how she said it upset Asian students.

Nippon? Please.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Remember the 4-star QB (Marcus Stokes​) who was on video singing along to a rap song and didn’t self-censor himself and sang along with the actual song lyric?

Not only did Florida pull his offer, but none of the other schools who were recruiting him would sign him (Penn State, FAU, Georgia State, etc).

It appears he has totally fucked himself for singing along with some Kendrick Lamar ditty. Funny enough I saw on a message board that he is going to sign with a HBCU (have no idea if it’s true or just message board chatter).

Comment

• And really, his only option will be a HBCU or a school with a black head coach, probably. So, maybe Penn State will consider signing him. Deion could but I think he has his QB room filled with Jackson State xfers. South Florida maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X