Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Oh look, a grievance addict who cries and wails about literally everything. What's it like living in a constant state of anger and fear?
    grievance addict? Look at all of the insane institutional changes that have been made in our society as the result of people kvetching about "racism", "sexism", and "homophobia" and tell me who the real grievance addicts are. Were I really addicted to grievances I'd be joining you guys in the streets burning cop cars and destroying neighborhoods.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell have both been booted off the House Intelligence Committee by Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Schiff is a no brainer. All he had to do was produce his 'evidence' of Trump's 'collusion' with Russia, and he would have been completely vindicated. Instead he kept spitting into the wind with his folly and ended up as a punch line.

And if Swalwell wanted to have an affair, he should have chosen someone who was NOT a Chinese spy. I mean, come on. Even Trump knows how to cheat on his wife better than that.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I wish I were more happy, calm, and level-headed like DSL's people...

5d2ee3-20200528-floyd-protest-fire03.jpg

Comment

• Those are America's future leaders, Hanni. The Democrat Party says so.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Dr. Strangelove won't ever get angry of Progressive culture shifts. Only happy. And while I'll reserve judgment on the new 1984, I wouldn't be surprised to see it comply, almost entirely, with "the message." Actually, it would surprise me if it didn't.

But here's something to be outraged over. Well, STILL outraged over. Remember when The Chairman called Georgia voting laws "Jim Crow 2.0" and "Jim Crow on Steroids" and nearly every other D jumped on board with the Jim Crow line and eventually MLB was forced to move the All-Star game to a state with MORE restrictive voting rights? Do you remember the open and overt LIES that served to undermine faith in elections? Well, it turns out that, according to a University of Georgia survey, 0% of black folks said their 2022 voting experience was "poor". And 72% said it was "excellent" and another 23% said it was "good" -- virtually identical to white folks. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second

So, you had the Leader of the Free World engaging in total race-baiting lies that were egregious and insulting to anyone actually familiar with Jim Crow AND served to undermine confidence in elections all in the name of trying to federalize every goddamn election AND then forcing MLB to move the ASG from Atlanta to a state with more restrictive voting rights -- but a D State! -- AND then having 96% of AAs say their voting experience under the JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!!!! law was good or excellent and ZERO fucking percent saying it was poor.

There's your fucking Democratic party. On full fucking display. And as much as DSL would like to forget all about that bullshit and pigeonhole it, it goddamn well happened and merits real, honest outrage.
            And while you personally would like to bring this up every single day for the rest of your life, as you do quite frequently here, your actual PARTY was losing its collective 130 IQ hivemind yesterday over a video game console having an energy saving feature that was totally OPTIONAL.

Why don't you and the missus head down to the nearest Big Sandy and film yourself chewing out the poor salesman because he can't sell you a fridge where the light never shuts off because BIG FRIDGE has gone WOKE.

Comment

• That's about what I expected.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                That's about what I expected.
                Heh, you overuse this schtick.

Comment

• 326968007_3050663588559507_7319293743016455848_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=U_9FZtNmu4cAX-uG8x4&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfDOxZysCdi9LOrlXFJtKnenD7Lsa__EZi2otj8FT34DnQ&oe=63D580FC.jpg

Comment

• Yeah, there's so much wrong with the trans shit, Liney, that it's shooting fish in a barrel. But, Progs will defend it to the death. Mostly by saying "there's nothing to see here" or labeling any dissent as bigoted and, via intersectionality, racist.

Comment

• What the hell is the Xbox story? I haven't heard anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

grievance addict? Look at all of the insane institutional changes that have been made in our society as the result of people kvetching about "racism", "sexism", and "homophobia" and tell me who the real grievance addicts are. Were I really addicted to grievances I'd be joining you guys in the streets burning cop cars and destroying neighborhoods.
                        Women, gays, blacks, Jews, immigrant, and other groups have far more legitimate historical grievances than middle aged conservative white men. Unless you're Irish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          What the hell is the Xbox story? I haven't heard anything about it.
                          LAIR!!!!! You and I -- amongst others -- have been clutching our pearls over this story -- whatever the fuck it is -- for months!

Comment

• Rules for thee and not for me. Or, alternatively, The D Party -- It's OK when we do it! Race-bait and undermine an election? Cool! Assert that someone with a cock and balls ain't a woman? BIGOT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              What the hell is the Xbox story? I haven't heard anything about it.
                              XBox introduced a new feature that causes the console to turn off after a certain length of time if it's not being used. Previously it just went into a "standby" mode which still consumes energy. It's completely optional and you can turn it off and your system will still operate the old way.

Well a bunch of Culture War conservatives, who need DAILY OUTRAGE to fill their time and airwaves, went on the attack. Ted Cruz posted that the WOKE MOB is coming for your XBOX. Fox ran stories about it all day. "They're going after the children!" they warned. I suppose Microsoft deserves a sliver of blame by bragging about the carbon emissions this would save. To avoid offending the perpetually aggrieved they should have just highlighted the electricity bill savings.

Fox News Flips Out Over ‘Woke’ Xbox Because Everything Is Stupid (thedailybeast.com)

Comment

• Microsoft has added a feature to their latest model that makes some very minor changes (for now) to how the consoles operate. They more or less affect what the console does when you aren't actually playing a game for the purpose of "reducing carbon emissions"

People are rightfully laughing at Fox News for overreacting to it but neglecting to mention the 24/7 nonstop kvetching that Liberals have been doing about female, minority, and LGBTQ representation in video games going back at least 10 years. In response to this kvetching, developers have hired tons of untalented writers and developers who have turned numerous franchises into total shit. See my previous comments about who the real constant complainers are.

To avoid offending the perpetually aggrieved they should have just highlighted the electricity bill savings.
                                You won't see any electricity bill savings. The energy savings of these changes will be microscopic since they will only eliminate the tiny amounts of energy usage that the console uses when it's not performing any calculations or rendering an image on screen.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; January 25, 2023, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X