No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s still a bunch of fog surrounding what exactly was hit in Iran and how successful the strikes were. The overwhelming majority opinion seems to say Israel did it but one Saudi media channel is claiming the US and one other country that’s not Israel were involved.

EDIT: Speculation is that Azerbaijan is involved. Relations between them and Iran have been tense lately I guess. Their embassy in Tehran was attacked just a few days ago and their head of security killed. Seen videos of them purportedly evacuating the embassy last night.
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 29, 2023, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• WSJ confirming it was Israel that struck Iran. Some of the locations were quite deep into the country, an embarrassment for Iran's air defense.

Comment

• No surprise. American technology versus Russian, Chinese and North Korean technology.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Drones, ostensibly produced in Iran, being used in Ukraine are a decade or more behind what's being produced in the US. Self protection/survivability is far superior in US drones and probably Israeli drones. That means they are more likely to not be detected and if they are, EW systems within them can defeat air defense missile tracking capability. US air launched cruise missiles may be capable of hypersonic speeds. I have no idea if the Israeli's have those kinds of cruise missiles. They, at the very least, have supersonic models and if equipped with EW capabilities the survivability against Russian technology ground to air missile systems deployed in the Iranian air forces is very high.

What the Iranians will probably do in response to the Israeli attack is to pursue asymmetric means to damage targets in kind to what the Israeli's targeted inside Iran. Israeli intelligence, likely in cooperation with the Saudis, may have assessed that the Iranian leadership can be toppled and this may be the first salvo in a joint operation being undertaken by the US, Israel and Israel's friends in the ME. This whole thing lends another layer of complexity to what is presently contained warfare in Ukraine. As I said up-thread, I can see linkage between a conflict in the ME involving a democratic Israel and an authoritarian Iran and in Eastern Europe involving free western powers v. the dictatorship of Putin ruling Russia.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• FnmTS3WacAE5eiv?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• Can you imagine a few hundred of these being posted around professional sports teams locker rooms?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Image is from late 2016 when the posters appears around UW’s campus. At the time the “Emerald City Antifa” denied having anything to do with them and explicitly condemned the message.

Raging shitbird Milo Y. may have been involved, maybe not. He made a controversial appearance on campus shortly after these posters appeared.

A photograph showing a 'When You Date a White' poster in Seattle is real, but Emerald City Antifa said that they were not responsible for the message.

Comment

• Well, its good to know that Antifa is a peaceful, law abiding group, that tolerates all lifestyles and choices, and embraces liberty for all. I was a bit worried about them for a minute there ...

Comment

• At the time the “Emerald City Antifa” denied having anything to do with them
                    Well shit I guess that settles it.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; January 30, 2023, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• The NBA Referee's Union is begging LaBron for forgiveness due to a missed foul call on a last second play against the Celtics.

I used to think the NBA catered to Jordan too much. What they do with this guy is embarrassing.

The National Basketball Referees Association admitted to missing Jayson Tatum's foul on LeBron James at the end of regulation and called the mistake "gut-wrenching."

Comment

• He clearly traveled before the swipe on the forearm, took four steps. I have never seen such a baby tantrum in my life, he should have got a TF.

Comment

• Wasn't aware inflation in Hungary was this bad compared to the rest of the EU

Hungary’s soaring inflation puts squeeze on Viktor Orbán | Financial Times (ft.com)

Comment

• Trump had a lot more direct attacks on DeSantis over the weekend. Calls him a globalist that pals around with Jeb Bush. Did much worse on covid than you think. DeSantis resisting the bait so far.
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 30, 2023, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Trump had a lot more direct attacks on DeSantis over the weekend. Calls him a globalist that pals around with Jeb Bush. Did much worse on covid than you think. DeSantis resisting the bait so far.
                              There’s virtually nowhere that Trump can attack DeSantis on where Donald didn’t earn a black eye himself.

DeSantis would be very wise to stay on topic and on substance.

Comment

• Trump's doing a major rewrite of history. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the early 2020 shutdowns, it was Trump that originally pressured both DeSantis and Kemp to shut down their states and even is on the record criticizing Kemp when he opened Georgia back up.

The thing with Jeb Bush is just stupid. He was at DeSantis' 2nd inauguration. So fucking what. George W. Bush was at Trump's.

Comment

Working...
                                X