• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Yawn

Grow the fuck up.
      Says the imbecile
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Democrat policies collide.

It’s all gonna work out fine. Electricity is magically produced and transmitted for free because magic.

Comment

• What purpose does Nikki Haley running for President serve? (Or Pompeo for that matter). Other than to bleed support away from DeSantis?

Comment

• Not much. VP recognition? I mean, it would appear that if you're a female POC you only have to run a disastrously bad primary campaign that comes up MONTHS short of IOWA and that'll do. And Haley is a prohibitive underdog, not the sort of favorite.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's a play for the Veep position. She's a very popular establishment/swamp pick.

The 2024 nomination is, at most, a two man race. Everyone else is extras. I can't wait to see Liz Cheney get her 1%.

Comment

• I actually like other people jumping in. They can absorb some of Trump's wrath while DeSantis governs Florida in a way I can only dream of happening in my state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I actually like other people jumping in. They can absorb some of Trump's wrath while DeSantis governs Florida in a way I can only dream of happening in my state.
                  I agree with this wholeheartedly.

But as long as Wayne County determines Michigan's elections, we have no chance at a great leader like DeSantis. We're stuck with bimbos like Gretch, Nessie and Stupidnow.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well let's face it...Michiganders aren't the brightest bulb on the tree...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• EFZ ...

.. er .. hey, wait a minute ...
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

But as long as Wayne County determines Michigan's elections, we have no chance at a great leader like DeSantis. We're stuck with bimbos like Gretch, Nessie and Stupidnow.
                        Wayne County really doesn't determine Michigan elections as much as Oakland/Macomb Counties do. So long as Michigan Republicans nominate chumps that alienate suburbanites, they will continue to lose. Don't nominate candidates who talk like they're running for school board in rural Tennessee. Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult, but here we are.

Also just five counties in Southeast Michigan contain 45% of the entire state's population: Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Washtenaw. Those 5 counties have 15 times more people than the entire Upper Peninsula. Southeast Michigan gets more bang for their buck because that's where the people are.

Comment

• Exactly. Land does not vote. People do.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Wayne County really doesn't determine Michigan elections as much as Oakland/Macomb Counties do. So long as Michigan Republicans nominate chumps that alienate suburbanites, they will continue to lose. Don't nominate candidates who talk like they're running for school board in rural Tennessee. Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult, but here we are.

Also just five counties in Southeast Michigan contain 45% of the entire state's population: Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Washtenaw. Those 5 counties have 15 times more people than the entire Upper Peninsula. Southeast Michigan gets more bang for their buck because that's where the people are.
                            Genesee County has more than twice as many people as Livingston. I'd switch them out in this example since Genesee borders Oakland. And yes, candidate quality matters. If you want to win general elections, you need to peel off moderates to win on the margins. The Michigan GOP ran a collection of goobers with no charisma, very low name recognition, little funding, and a particularly extreme policy position on an important issue.

Comment

• As an additional comparison, in Ohio no five counties all bordering each other have a population anywhere close to those five in SE Michigan.

The closest you get are five counties all around Cleveland: Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Medina, and Lake. Those five total about 2.5M compared to 4.5M in the five Michigan counties. Ohio also has almost 2 M more people than Michigan so that Cleveland cluster represents only about 20% of the total state population. Another approx 20% can be found in the five biggest counties around Cincinnati/Dayton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Genesee County has more than twice as many people as Livingston. I'd switch them out in this example since Genesee borders Oakland. And yes, candidate quality matters. If you want to win general elections, you need to peel off moderates to win on the margins. The Michigan GOP ran a collection of goobers with no charisma, very low name recognition, little funding, and a particularly extreme policy position on an important issue.
                                That's a good point. It's a little less compact geographically to switch in Genesee but that shows why the Southeast dominates even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X