Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Wayne County really doesn't determine Michigan elections as much as Oakland/Macomb Counties do. So long as Michigan Republicans nominate chumps that alienate suburbanites, they will continue to lose. Don't nominate candidates who talk like they're running for school board in rural Tennessee. Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult, but here we are.
    I can't argue with that at all. The ineptitude of the R's in 2022 was attrocious. For example, thanks to redistricting, I wound up in Tlaib's district. Needless to say, nobody that I know voted for the wench, but we can't, for the life of us, recall who the R's nominated or anything that they stood for. They essentially gave up.

And then there's Dixon's "No exceptions!".. The sooner the characters that thought that banning abortion could be a winning issue are sacked, the better.

Waiting for the "She was the best candidate you could have possibly had.."

Comment

• Just took a look at Trump’s social media posts this morning and woof, someone is bigly worried about DeSantis, aka the RINO GLOBALIST that owes everything to Trump.

Comment

• I don't like DeSantis. Don't want him to be President. But he just got the AP Board to alter its African American History curriculum nationwide. Meanwhile Trump is using his influence to holler about Stormy Daniels being a horse-faced liar and chortling that Morning Joe's ratings are down. Blows my mind that there's still a significant number of people that think Trump is the most effective politician the Republicans have.

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            STFU
            Speaking of blown minds...too much PCP back in the 70's, eh Wiz?

Comment

• ....errrr....maybe not enough....
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I don't like DeSantis. Don't want him to be President. But he just got the AP Board to alter its African American History curriculum nationwide. Meanwhile Trump is using his influence to holler about Stormy Daniels being a horse-faced liar and chortling that Morning Joe's ratings are down. Blows my mind that there's still a significant number of people that think Trump is the most effective politician the Republicans have.
                Not only that, he's gonna remove funding for all DEI/CRT departments from public colleges and universities in Florida! That can't get done until March when the next legislation session opens, tho.

Comment

Blows my mind that there's still a significant number of people that think Trump is the most effective politician the Republicans have.
                  Yep,, and the majority of those are Leftists/Progs who need to have some evil creature, like Trump, to explain why they're so miserable all of the time.

Comment

• He can tinker with school administrations all he wants. Scaling back Diversity offices or cutting them altogether. He's on shakier legal ground if he's trying to ban CRT from being taught or courses based on CRT. That's likely not constitutional, IMO.

Comment

I don't like DeSantis. Don't want him to be President. But he just got the AP Board to alter its African American History curriculum nationwide. Meanwhile Trump is using his influence to holler about Stormy Daniels being a horse-faced liar and chortling that Morning Joe's ratings are down. Blows my mind that there's still a significant number of people that think Trump is the most effective politician the Republicans have.
                      People who hate the Republican Party establishment and therefore hate the establishment candidate by default. DeSantis is clearly the establishment guy. Some people will not trust him no matter what he does as governor. I’m not with them per se, but I also can’t blame them.

Comment

He can tinker with school administrations all he wants. Scaling back Diversity offices or cutting them altogether. He's on shakier legal ground if he's trying to ban CRT from being taught or courses based on CRT. That's likely not constitutional, IMO.
                        It is absolutely constitutional for the executive branch in states to determine textbook content.

Now, if a second grader says, " Where is my drag queen story hour? I wanna see that!", it is not unconstitutional to say, " No Johnny, we don't do that here." What would not be constitutional would be to punish Johnny for saying what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

It is absolutely constitutional for the executive branch in states to determine textbook content.

Now, if a second grader says, " Where is my drag queen story hour? I wanna see that!", it is not unconstitutional to say, " No Johnny, we don't do that here." What would not be constitutional would be to punish Johnny for saying what he said.
                          Sorry, I should've specified at the university level. Elementary and High Schools are fair ground. Banning certain topics outright from university instruction is probably a 1st Amendment violation.

Comment

• theres a lot of stuff trump did as president that still resonate no matter ho w big of a douche he is
                            '
                            tarrifs with chna, tradewars, enrgy independance and the wall are all issues that people compare today vs 2019 pre covid and he got it right.

desantis got covid right and that and the "look at me I was right " personna is what desantis will win with

as long as desantis goes back to what trum did all is good

perfect world 4 more trump and 8 of desantis and we can live happile ever after

if biden or any of his ilk gets elected have a feeling never get out of ukraine and here comes taiwan

Comment

• Whatever. Trumper. Racist piag. Denier. Threat to democracy.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Lot of big tech names reporting earnings this week. First one is Meta and it's very positive across the board. Stock is up 13% today at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X