Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    In the batters' circle: Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon. Times New Roman font is the best font, you're on deck.
    Whiskey and bourbon both suck, so this post is worthless.

Comment

• Bourbon? GEEE SUS!
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wish it wasn't that way, but so it is.

Comment

• Oracle I didn't know you were a lady.

Comment

• Hahaha, I more than make up for it with everything else. Had a baaaaaaaad experience with whiskey in my younger days and haven't fully recovered. Don't get me wrong, I can make that work in a pinch, but it'll never be by choice. It does suck, I wish I could.

Comment

• ``I'll have the full pound of ribs, your hottest hot sauce, and a cosmo on the rocks, please.''

Comment

• OP: ``I'll have what he's having.''

Comment

• LOLOLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Whiskey and bourbon both suck, so this post is worthless.
                    A man after my own heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Yep. It won't be McGovern/Mondale bad because the bulk of the electoral college is so firmly entrenched a true rout is impossible. But, it will be Obama-McCain bad -- where Trump loses states like NC and possibly Indiana along with every legitimately purple state.
                      He won't lose Indiana.

Right now the electoral map is looking pretty much exactly like Obama-Romney, with North Carolina possibly swinging to Hillary and one or two states like Pennsylvania or Ohio swinging back to Trump.

Comment

• Your heart isn't the only thing he's after.

NTTIAWWT and not a personal attack.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The DNC will have popular politicians who can give good speeches that want to speak. Obama, Bill Clinton, Biden, Sanders. The trick they will have is trying not to overshadow Hillary's speech. I would be somewhat surprised if they focused too much on the negativity of the GOP, it is obvious to anyone paying attention, surely you point it out but the best bet is to be positive. I look for Obama to have an excellent speech as well as Bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Your heart isn't the only thing he's after.

NTTIAWWT and not a personal attack.
                            I think the only personal attack Hannibal and Oracle need to worry about would be a non-violent one from OP.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              The DNC will have popular politicians who can give good speeches that want to speak. Obama, Bill Clinton, Biden, Sanders. The trick they will have is trying not to overshadow Hillary's speech. I would be somewhat surprised if they focused too much on the negativity of the GOP, it is obvious to anyone paying attention, surely you point it out but the best bet is to be positive. I look for Obama to have an excellent speech as well as Bill.
                              Good point. It'll be a week of soaring rhetoric followed by Hillbot steely-resolve voice.

Comment

• And wrt to steakhouses, one of the better ribeyes at a chain is the bone-in ribeye at medium-priced chain, Longhorn's. It's more flavorful than Ruth's Chris or Morton's version (and a few of the other premium chains without a doubt). While the rest of Longhorn's offerings are blas?, this is worthwhile.
                                Agreed. And so tender, we toothless morons can enjoy it.

I noticed that it is now LGBTQ. I assume Q is for queer. Can someone tell me what is the difference between gay and queer?

Nice standing O for the founder of Paypal when he spoke before Ivanka and began "I'm Gay, a Republican, and an American." Trump is clearly moving away from the emphasis on social issues that Republicans have had for the last 30 years or so. I don't know what a similar 180 would be for the Democrats, but I'll bet they wouldn't place it on the night Hillary speaks.

Comment

Working...
                                X