No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL...when you get to a third gay serenade it starts to get a tad uncomfortable...

"...what do I got to do to make you want me..."
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• you could STFU for starters

Comment

• I don't know if polls are totally meaningless in this case. Trump is the most well-known and defined favorite of all time. DeSantis is a pretty well-known challenger. He probably has upside but I don't think that he has 37 points worth (nationally) at this point. So -- I dunno, man. I felt a lot better about his chances six months ago. He should have seized on the momentum then. He tap danced around running for President during his reelection campaign in 2022, so it wouldn't have been a promise-breaker to announce his candidacy right away.

DeSantis also has a grating, nasally voice that gets in the way of what he's saying and his personality is off putting. His only viable strategy is to buy massive amounts of air time.

One thing that I will say though is that he's not risking his political career by running against Trump. I hope that he's smart enough to know what the Republican voters want to hear. So far he has shown that he "gets it" almost every time. We'll see if that continues. If he loses he'll be the shoe-in for 2028 if he plays his cards right. Assuming we still have a country for him in which to run for President by that time.
        Last edited by Hannibal; May 23, 2023, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• I will consider that motion and get back to you...in the meantime...

"...love....love will keep us together..."
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Polls are meaningless right now. Obama overcame a 30 point deficit in Iowa with 90 days to go. Iowa, Iowa, Iowa.
            Don't really know yet if additional indictments will add up in the public's mind or not. The WSJ has an article today saying that the Mar-a-Lago docs probe is almost over and Trump's camp is already preparing to fundraise off any charges. Seems likely an indictment (if there is one) will happen in DC before Atlanta now. I don't know what the cumulative effect of all these cases really is. Does it exhaust people or does it make them rally behind Trump more?

His NYC trial (the weakest case) was just set to begin March 25. Two weeks after Super Tuesday.

Comment

• Why does The Chairman continue to say that he "lost his son in Iraq"...he didn't die in Iraq...he died in a military hospital in Maryland...in 2015...of brain cancer...very sad and I feel for him...but wtf?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Criminal charges can only help Trump in the primary. Even the most masturbatory RINO neocons in the party acknowledge what political theater the persecution of Trump is at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Why does The Chairman continue to say that he "lost his son in Iraq"...he didn't die in Iraq...he died in a military hospital in Maryland...in 2015...of brain cancer...very sad and I feel for him...but wtf?
                  Badly declining judgement. The 50 year old Biden would know much better what lies he can get away with.

Comment

• Ron DeSantis will be a very interesting test case to see if the R Donor Class can be wedded to the R voters. The chasm between the two groups has never been wider. As governor, he has done a great job walking that line. It might be a lot harder running for President though.

Comment

• masturbatory

Haven't heard that term here since Marty was posting...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Criminal charges can only help Trump in the primary. Even the most masturbatory RINO neocons in the party acknowledge what political theater the persecution of Trump is at this point.
                        I'm not convinced of this. Surely at some point people quietly say to themselves, if they don't want to admit it out loud to anyone, is that the guy has too much baggage that will doom him in the general election.

Biden was virtually no one's first choice for the Dems but we are rational and realized he'd be the most milquetoast non-threatening choice in the pool. And I'm pleased to report, you godless sumbitches, that I was completely correct.

Comment

• well I agree with dsl for another reason
                          which still makes me feel dirty

theres a lot of fringe voters out there that will never look into issues in depth but are swayed with the headlines
                          and lets face it no matter how much you try to sugar coat it the headline say trump indicted or trump found guilty are gonna sway all your average cbs/abc/nbc/cnn/msnbc viewers

Comment

• Kari Lake's big announcement is a "ballot chasing operation". Ya, I don't know what this means. But it probably costs money and her hand is out. Answer the call!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I'm not convinced of this. Surely at some point people quietly say to themselves, if they don't want to admit it out loud to anyone, is that the guy has too much baggage that will doom him in the general election.

Biden was virtually no one's first choice for the Dems but we are rational and realized he'd be the most milquetoast non-threatening choice in the pool. And I'm pleased to report, you godless sumbitches, that I was completely correct.
                              Your most "rational" thing to do is to keep Trump in the spotlight, let him continue to be himself and keep bringing up "polls" to discourage any potential challenges to his nomination.

But that's really all you've got. You can't seriously think Biden is deserving of four more years to actually do something good, do you?

Comment

• Biden only "deserves" four more years if the alternative is President Gong Show. In all honesty it's unlikely I would vote for DeSantis in the general but at least I would know someone sane & competent was going to be President. I will vote for DeSantis in the Ohio primary if it's still a contest at that point.

Plenty of Dems are rooting for Trump because they think he'll be the easiest to beat. Maybe so, but I've said repeatedly I ain't interested in taking the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X