Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Ohio has had good governance by Republicans for some time now, and that makes a difference. Same in Florida. SE Michigan is a total cesspool full of welfare recipients. In one of the first posts I ever made here, I said "They ought to cut off SE MI and float it downriver to Lake Erie with the rest of the shit." More true now than then.
    When Republicans like Geezer express open hatred and contempt for the most important part of your otherwise deplorable state, where almost 50% of the votes are, it's not hard to understand why they don't win more elections.

Anywho the Ohio State GOP gets massively corrupt from time to time. In the 2000's it helped usher in a brief interregnum of Democrat control. The most recent slush fund scandal doesn't appear that it will really cost them.

Comment

• He's right about SE Michigan. Its basically a parasite on an otherwise fine state. If we could break off Detroit, and ship it to Ohio and make it a Toledo suburb, it would be better than a Michigan 10 year winning streak against the Bucknuts ...

well, that may take it a bit far, .. but you get the point ...
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Opponents of the new red flag law in Michigan will have to carry the case all the way to the USSC if they want a successful challenge to overturn it. The Michigan Supreme Court is now fully Democrat controlled, and filled with Gretch/Nessel cronies. Not sure what the appellate court makeup for this area is. If Bidet appointed them, they are all created in his image.

I don't know if anyone has the balls to take it all the way to the USSC.

So, Farmer Brown... get ready to give up your guns. That's who Gretch and Nessie are after. They don't have the stones to go after the Seven Mile Bloods.
        By far the most lasting damage to this country from Biden and the looney progs are through the judicial appointees...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

He's right about SE Michigan. Its basically a parasite on an otherwise fine state. If we could break off Detroit, and ship it to Ohio and make it a Toledo suburb, it would be better than a Michigan 10 year winning streak against the Bucknuts ...

Let's get HARBAUGH!!!!!!!'s take on that first...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Opponents of the new red flag law in Michigan will have to carry the case all the way to the USSC if they want a successful challenge to overturn it. The Michigan Supreme Court is now fully Democrat controlled, and filled with Gretch/Nessel cronies. Not sure what the appellate court makeup for this area is. If Bidet appointed them, they are all created in his image.

I don't know if anyone has the balls to take it all the way to the USSC.

So, Farmer Brown... get ready to give up your guns. That's who Gretch and Nessie are after. They don't have the stones to go after the Seven Mile Bloods.
            Indiana's had a red flag law for almost 20 years and was one of if not the first state to pass one. In theory they aren't unconstitutional. Captain Ron hasn't repealed the one in Florida.

Comment

He's right about SE Michigan. Its basically a parasite on an otherwise fine state. If we could break off Detroit, and ship it to Ohio and make it a Toledo suburb, it would be better than a Michigan 10 year winning streak against the Bucknuts ...

Total GDP of the Detroit metro area

$283.6M (2021)

Total Gross Domestic Product for Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI (MSA) (NGMP19820) | FRED | St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)

Total GDP of the rest of the state not including Detroit metro

$198.1M (2021)

Real GDP Michigan U.S. 2022 | Statista

Comment

• The rest of us would get along fine with the 198.1M GDP.

Ohioans could consider Detroit a gift. A gift that keeps on giving.

and telling the folks in Dearborn and Warren that they are "Detroiters" could get you beat up ... In Dearborn they would declare a fatwa on you ...

Comment

• Detroit metro has about 43% of the state's population and generates closer to 58% of its economic activity.

Between Detroit and rural Bumpkinlandia one of the two's not pulling their weight...

I'm fine with adding SE Michigan. Makes us an actual swing state again and the 5th biggest state overall.

Comment

• I'm fine with adding SE Michigan. Makes us an actual swing state again and the 5th biggest state overall.
                    Its fine with me, as long as you take the Seven Mile Bloods and all their buddies with you ...

Yes, you have to take Gratiot Road with you as well ... And the Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Detroit metro has about 43% of the state's population and generates closer to 58% of its economic activity.

Between Detroit and rural Bumpkinlandia one of the two's not pulling their weight...

I'm fine with adding SE Michigan. Makes us an actual swing state again and the 5th biggest state overall.
                      Yeah but you'd turn the rest of Michigan into South Dakota overnight, which means that you'd lose two Senate seats and the "winner take all" rights on the electoral votes that are contributed by the non Wayne county portions of Michigan.

Comment

Its fine with me, as long as you take the Seven Mile Bloods and all their buddies with you ...

Yes, you have to take Gratiot Road with you as well ... And the Lions.
                        You can keep the Lions. In fact I insist.

Ann Arbor is coming with us. UofM shall be re-branded OSU-upon-the-Huron

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Yeah but you'd turn the rest of Michigan into South Dakota overnight, which means that you'd lose two Senate seats and the "winner take all" rights on the electoral votes that are contributed by the non Wayne county portions of Michigan.
                          This IS a problem but resolved by having California split into Northern California and Southern California as it should be.

Comment

• There WAS one big Supreme Court decision today and it's the EPA/Clean Waters Act case.

The Court was actually unanimous as to the specific facts presented by this couple from Idaho. The EPA did NOT have lawful jurisdiction over their property. Justices much more divided after that. The majority basically said that the EPA only has jurisdiction over wetlands if they are directly connected to "navigable waters". The three libs plus Kavanaugh essentially dissented from that restriction. Thomas & Gorsuch appear to have wanted to go farther.

Comment

• Detroit is to Michigan as Omaha is to Nebraska...a necessary evil...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I guess the big difference would be Omaha is actually growing...like very fast...Detroit is dying...like fast.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X